Painted ladies by the door with the two rings in Brookhaven

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

Perhaps the other ladies refer to the whole princess situation at the hotel. Or perhaps they could also represent Laura, or Mary, or Louise, three females who have absolutely nothing directly evil about themselves that would draw or expose them to the horror and rot of Silent Hill, explaining why there's a beautiful painting seperated from a rotten and moldy wall. Or perhaps not.
Hurm...
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

It's not the same woman. The woman on the door and the pipe fairy look nothing alike.
can you prove this and get a screenshot of the lady in the water. I just assumed it was the same person because in the memo she is an angel he talks about how you have to walk across something and it weighs upon there sins. or something like that. I would appreciate it if someone found that memo as well I couldnt find it in translated memories.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

I've always been fond of the Red Lady, as I love to call her. It's so fascinating to me and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I see the connection between her poem and how Alessa's life sounds a lot like what she represents. BTW, does anyone have a copy of the poem?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

BTW, does anyone have a copy of the poem?
I just found it....

she is an angel
She is an angel,no one knows
only I can see the lady of the door
They cannot walk along her bridge
of thread they fall from the weight
of their crimes

Like bloated and ugly corpes
Their sins she devours them
sin and sinner alike she saves
me she is an angel
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I would have to agree with one of the above theories. That perhaps the lady, with James having to put rings on her fingers.. represents James Marrying Mary.. in his mind he did want a second chance and it manifested itself of course in the hospital as did everything else in his mind.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Wow, I never put much thought into it. The gold ring could symbolize his marriage to Mary. It is common to have a gold wedding band. The lead ring would symbolize Maria, and if he married her, he wouldn't have something as wonderful as the real thing. Who wants a lead wedding band?
Doing a little research, I found that:
1. Gold is a very strong metal. Heat, moisture, oxygen, and most corrosive agents have very little chemical effect on gold. This may symbolize how strong James' love for Mary is, and that no passage of time can wear it down.
2. It is a very highly sought after precious metal. James is searching for Mary, and will stop at nothing to find her.
3. In medieval times, gold was often seen as beneficial for the health, in the belief that something that rare and beautiful could not be anything but healthy. Even some modern esotericists and forms of alternative medicine assign metallic gold a healing power. James probably wishes there was a way to cure Mary of her illness.
4. Gold can be made into thread and used in embroidery. That may be a connection to the poem, and why the gold ring has a spider on it.
5. Gold produces a deep, intense red color when used as a coloring agent in glass. Ok, it is a stretch, but hey, the lady in red.
6. Wedding rings are traditionally made of gold; since it is long-lasting and unaffected by the passage of time, it is considered a suitable material for everyday wear as well as a metaphor for the relationship.
Researching lead shows that it is a heavy, toxic and poor metal, which could definitely be Maria. She is bad for you, and she can seem even more of a burden to the player than Mary was with her illness. Exposure to lead can lead to schizophrenia, which Maria was bouncing back and forth between her Maria persona and Mary in the prison. Pretty schizo, if you ask me.
Well, there you go. Some fun facts about gold and lead. :)
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Krist. wrote:Why does it have to have meaning? You find a radio in a construction site. You find a gun in a shopping cart. *shrug* Why can't they simply be odd locations for an item?
Don't forget my favorite, key in a bag of jelly beans.

Anyway, I always thought it was a throw-back to the cult.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Tspoon6 wrote:Nothing 'just happens' everything has something to do with the intial plot.The woman of the door has a direct corralation to silent Hill 3. When you pass over the bridge and you drop the lead pipe the same woman appears and if you tell the truth she will give you a gold pipe and steel pipe. resembling the rings.The woman is from a japanes fairytale, so the other women must be from other fairytales too.
She gives you a gold and a silver pipe. Silver ≠ steel. Or lead, for that matter. Also, it's not a Japanese tale- it's an Aesop's fable.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.