Room 303 & Pyramid Rape

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I had said that there was more than two pyramid heads, not just more than one.
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

The comic books aren't canon, so information held within isn't relevant.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Meh, I just thought it would be cool to see an army of Pyramid Heads marching down the streets of silent hill...
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Phlagus wrote:Meh, I just thought it would be cool to see an army of Pyramid Heads marching down the streets of silent hill...
This is Silent Hill, not Resident Evil.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
*Phoenix*
Just Passing Through

Post by *Phoenix* »

The second Pyramid head is not spawned through is sexual fustration but because
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
he was guilty about killing Eddie, thats why it didn't show up till after
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

there was four that i remember:
one in the apartments, in the labyrinth, and the two when you defeat them...

but, there was also the one that 'killed' maria.

maybe the one that was in the apartment, the labyrinth, and the one that 'killed' maria were the same.

i'm just wondering what the change from the great knife to the spears is all about.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
Naissus
Just Passing Through

Post by Naissus »

Didn't the picture with PH and the cages show PH with a spear. Maybe when he looked at the picture it altered his perception of PH.
Either that or the weapon is the physical manifestation of the burden he is carrying because he killed his wife. As James begins to cope with his wifes death, the burden becomes less cumbersome.
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by the man in the planet »

doesn't he have the spear AFTER james gets the great knife in the labyrinth?
and he also appears
on the roof of the hospital when he knocks james into the padded cell area
[img]http://www.rubbersquare.com/flipsig.jpg[/img]
Toresson
Just Passing Through

Post by Toresson »

Spirit wrote:You know, when you think about, we don't even have any proof that these things even have really genitals o.o I haven't seen a Pyramid Head with an erection or anything. Maybe they don't have any. They can still look like a certian gender, but that doesn't mean they have the right body parts.

I just think the PH tries to have sex with everything by impulse... Like, he just has the urge to have sex, because of James. I don't think he really understands how... But that's just me.

Hey, I thought the Mannequins were like... a creation of James guilt.. or something... That's why Pyramid Head is always abusing that monster the most.
I was going in that direction too. He wants to, but doesn't know how. Just like James wants to express himself(or wanted) sexually, but couldn't.

The Mannequins perhaps are a creation of James view of other women than Mary? Him feeling like everyone else was just flesh to him, perhaps flesh he would want to "dominate" but still just flesh. And with Mary going dead, he might feel like he's surrounded by a neverending stream of useless fleshmannequinns? Oh well, I'm tired atm, and I could probably write the most illogical conspiracy theory of any given subject right now. But it's a thought atleast.
there was a hole here. it's gone now.
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by the man in the planet »

and it's after two sequences of PH abusing the other monsters that
Maria appears and then PH kills her multiple times.
[img]http://www.rubbersquare.com/flipsig.jpg[/img]
*Phoenix*
Just Passing Through

Post by *Phoenix* »

I like what Naissus said about the knife representing James burden but maybe it's not that complex. Pyramid head is pretty intelligent compared to the other creatures. Maybe he was just like "damn this shit is heavy I'm a use a nice lightweight spear" He learned from his mistake. And you get the great knife in the same area when you encounter PH with the spear for the first time.
Toresson
Just Passing Through

Post by Toresson »

Or perhaps he just dropped it? :D 8)
there was a hole here. it's gone now.
Psych Ward
Just Passing Through

Post by Psych Ward »

>well, since it's in the same scene, WTF is that little dance he does (and reprises in the fukuro video) where he swings his arms around and stuff. THAT freaked me out more than whatever he's doing t the mannequins.

I agree! Whats with his little dance he busts out? Is he trying to use sign language too? You see him doing some kind of hand signs, its just difficult to make out exactly what because of his gloves.
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

the man in the planet wrote:
doesn't he have the spear AFTER james gets the great knife in the labyrinth?
and he also appears
on the roof of the hospital when he knocks james into the padded cell area
not sure.

last time i played through, i forgot to pick it up...

but, he still had the spear.

but, maybe the game assumes you picked it up.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

Psych Ward wrote:>well, since it's in the same scene, WTF is that little dance he does (and reprises in the fukuro video) where he swings his arms around and stuff. THAT freaked me out more than whatever he's doing t the mannequins.

I agree! Whats with his little dance he busts out? Is he trying to use sign language too? You see him doing some kind of hand signs, its just difficult to make out exactly what because of his gloves.
Maybe it's some weird way of telling James, "This is certainly what you wanted to do to her, isn't it."
*Phoenix*
Just Passing Through

Post by *Phoenix* »

But there were two mannequins, and only one Mary (this happened before meeting Maria)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There've always been two red pyramid things--long before what happened to Eddie.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
*Phoenix*
Just Passing Through

Post by *Phoenix* »

You sure? Because the only time you see two in one place is AFTER the battle with Eddie. So where is the proof? Furthermore what the the second Pyramid have represented if not the guilt of killing another human being (Eddie)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's in the Labyrinth, long before James meets Eddie in the refrigerator.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
*Phoenix*
Just Passing Through

Post by *Phoenix* »

But the part your referring to is still only a single Red Pyramid. To say that the Pyramid head from the aparments would not follow James to the labyrinth would be kinda stupid. Is there anytime in the Labyrinth where you see 2 Pyramid Head at once. I'm not saying there isn't cause I might have missed it but if there is only one in the labyrinth then that would support my statement.