loud, hulking, unseen prison creature

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

whoa a bug i didn't know wtf it was it makes human sounds when ya shoot it but i've never seen what's in there i hear footstpes and sounds but never knew what it is i thin it's a bug but im not so sure what it is i keep hearing it and stuff but i just run though the prison kiling and getting what i need to beat the game
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

Everytime I went down those corridors those noises freaked me out. It took me the longest time to figure what the hell James is looking at so I pulled the trigger one day and found out they could be killed plus the ritual noise stopped. Needless to say I kill them quickly.
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Artemis Panthar
Historical Society Historian

Post by Artemis Panthar »

Red Devil R.Pyramid Head wrote: whoa a bug i didn't know wtf it was it makes human sounds when ya shoot it but i've never seen what's in there i hear footstpes and sounds but never knew what it is i thin it's a bug but im not so sure what it is i keep hearing it and stuff but i just run though the prison kiling and getting what i need to beat the game
I think he means 'bug' as in a glitch, not an insect. I could be mistaken, but I think you misunderstood his comment =\
Everyday is silent and gray
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Artemis Panthar wrote:
Red Devil R.Pyramid Head wrote: whoa a bug i didn't know wtf it was it makes human sounds when ya shoot it but i've never seen what's in there i hear footstpes and sounds but never knew what it is i thin it's a bug but im not so sure what it is i keep hearing it and stuff but i just run though the prison kiling and getting what i need to beat the game
I think he means 'bug' as in a glitch, not an insect. I could be mistaken, but I think you misunderstood his comment =\
Tis true, you misunderstand. Although a bug could be pretty kewl......
Redder
Just Passing Through

Post by Redder »

No one knows 100% what he says. There have been alot of people coming up with him saying "Ritual". I'm personally not convinced, but alot of people are. Though, nothing has ever been confirmed by the team that created Silent Hill 2.
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060]Free Speech[/url]
This is a community, and you have freedom of speech, but as a community, that freedom is restricted if you're intending to use it for offending purposes, or to simple belittle your fellow members. Remember, your freedom ends where the other person's freedom starts.
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

...Silent Hill 2, to me, wasn't exactly scary, I mean it was, but not as much as the others...To me, it was more of a emotional, side to the Silent Hill series, meaning, it's more dramatic, and weird, than scary..James, Eddie, and Angela, were all alittle mentally unstable, I mean at first, the game makes you think their just regular people, but as it goes on, it gets weirder, I love that about 2. The noises were scary, yes, I loved them, that's one of the things, the Silent Hill series captures very well, is the background music, and as for the 'Ritual' Monster, I thought it was just making some weird noise, but after I focused on it for like, 10 minutes, I realized what it was saying...
And it's weird how Silent hill, like pulls you in, and it doesn't let you go, there's only like, 2 people out of the series who make it out alive, well 3 or 4, but Harry doesn't count since he dies in the third one, I guess he still made it out of Silent hill, but it just caught up to him..
And James, well, depending on what story you get, doesn't make it out either, Henry too...Heather's like the only one..
I know this doesn't have anything to do with what you guys are talking about, but has anyone gotten their hands on any Silent Hill Comics, and if so, how are they?! I know they've been out for a while now, I've seen them a couple times, in comic book stores, just never stuck around to check em' out, I plan on collecting every one.....I wonder if the comic books, explain more about the series, and fill in the blanks...Well, whatever, haven't posted anything in a while, just needed to get that off my chest, hehe.
PaintxThisxRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PaintxThisxRed »

Disciple of Claudia wrote:Everytime I went down those corridors those noises freaked me out. It took me the longest time to figure what the hell James is looking at so I pulled the trigger one day and found out they could be killed plus the ritual noise stopped. Needless to say I kill them quickly.
yeah it's last few noises are a very humanistic "UGH". I found out the same exact way.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/dumke/Cardia%20Stuff/Shark-Banner.gif[/img]NEW SONG UP!
Room312
Just Passing Through

Post by Room312 »

Heather_Mason wrote:...Silent Hill 2, to me, wasn't exactly scary, I mean it was, but not as much as the others...To me, it was more of a emotional, side to the Silent Hill series, meaning, it's more dramatic, and weird, than scary..James, Eddie, and Angela, were all alittle mentally unstable, I mean at first, the game makes you think their just regular people, but as it goes on, it gets weirder, I love that about 2. The noises were scary, yes, I loved them, that's one of the things, the Silent Hill series captures very well, is the background music, and as for the 'Ritual' Monster, I thought it was just making some weird noise, but after I focused on it for like, 10 minutes, I realized what it was saying...
And it's weird how Silent hill, like pulls you in, and it doesn't let you go, there's only like, 2 people out of the series who make it out alive, well 3 or 4, but Harry doesn't count since he dies in the third one, I guess he still made it out of Silent hill, but it just caught up to him..
And James, well, depending on what story you get, doesn't make it out either, Henry too...Heather's like the only one..
I know this doesn't have anything to do with what you guys are talking about, but has anyone gotten their hands on any Silent Hill Comics, and if so, how are they?! I know they've been out for a while now, I've seen them a couple times, in comic book stores, just never stuck around to check em' out, I plan on collecting every one.....I wonder if the comic books, explain more about the series, and fill in the blanks...Well, whatever, haven't posted anything in a while, just needed to get that off my chest, hehe.

In a fanboy-ish manner I totally bought all of the Silent Hill comic books...and well....I was just left with "WTF"
It doesn't fill in anything really. And there was wayyy to much swearing. It was all-together just a painful experience.
love walked alone
the rocks cut her tender feet,
and the brambles tore her fair limbs.
there came a companion to her,
but, alas, he was no help,
for his name was heart's pain.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

"Ritual" huh? i always thought he made some weird sound just to freak you out...did you know you could also hit it with your pipe, though its much more pleasing when you shoot it :)
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

You can hit it with the pipe? How come? You cannot enter the cell, if my mind isn't playing tricks on me.... :?:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Scarlet wrote:You can hit it with the pipe? How come? You cannot enter the cell, if my mind isn't playing tricks on me.... :?:
you cant enter the cell, but if you go in front of the cell and have james hit it, you can hear a small grunt and james head looks down to the ground, then hit it a few more times and james stops looking at the ground :) meaning you killed the...'thing' in the cell.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I might be thinking of a different monster but cant you enter the prison cell next to it and see a silhouette of it? Im pretty sure i remember cel that had a lot of voodoo stuck and a little wax figure that kinda resembled the silhouette.
Its been a while since i played though
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

Room312 wrote:
Heather_Mason wrote:...Silent Hill 2, to me, wasn't exactly scary, I mean it was, but not as much as the others...To me, it was more of a emotional, side to the Silent Hill series, meaning, it's more dramatic, and weird, than scary..James, Eddie, and Angela, were all alittle mentally unstable, I mean at first, the game makes you think their just regular people, but as it goes on, it gets weirder, I love that about 2. The noises were scary, yes, I loved them, that's one of the things, the Silent Hill series captures very well, is the background music, and as for the 'Ritual' Monster, I thought it was just making some weird noise, but after I focused on it for like, 10 minutes, I realized what it was saying...

In a fanboy-ish manner I totally bought all of the Silent Hill comic books...and well....I was just left with "WTF"
It doesn't fill in anything really. And there was wayyy to much swearing. It was all-together just a painful experience.
Wow, that's a total bummer...I would've expected more, sheesh...I didn't read I just scoped a couple pics from one, and it seemed like they did well on drawing it...
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

I new that even before I first came here.I figured that out on my own.And it is saying ritual.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

handshakeofco wrote:When played backwards it sounds like "are you sure?"
I've hurd of that before.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ok.. I never knew it was invisible. I thought it was a cockroach or something.. because you shoot it, it makes a cockroach noise, falls to the ground, and dies. -shrug- I also never knew it was saying anything.... :shock:
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

It sounds like Riuchrichurichurichu, but a few people have slowed the sound down and the words Ritual can be heard. There is also the belief that the monster says "Are you sure?" - personally I think it's "Ritual", tying in with the books and altar you see in one prison cell, Ernest Baldwin's research, and one of the game's endings.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's not the thing I'm talking about, though, right? When you can shoot it....? I don't remember hearing anything. Was it in the same hallway? (I believe it was the southernmost)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's more of a ri - choo - rawl, but anyway: It's not a cockroach, considering James aims forward & looks up.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Roach Prime: the Template from which All Other Roaches are Wrought.