Significance of Two PH's?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Killer Raven

Post by Killer Raven »

I guess maybe it really isn't, I heard it on a few sites awhile back and have used it ever since to sperate the 2.
xmooglex
Just Passing Through

Post by xmooglex »

When you hurt one pyramid head doesn't it hurt the other as if they were one?
I used the shotgun, so i assumed that the bullets were scattering and thats why the two PHs both reacted. If not though, thats an interesting comment.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

Killer Raven wrote:One of them is somtimes reffered to as the White pyrimid head.

It may have somthing to do with the image of the 2 pyrimid heads in the Prison courtyard, take a good look at it. Looks alot like that scene there don't it.

http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/SH ... SHP022.jpg

http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/SH ... Alt019.jpg

I personally thought that there was 2 PH's the whole time.
sweet that you have post these 2 screens here , may be crucial in finding possible explanation.
Lets analyze those 2 screen first:
we got 3 ropes each for each sinner that came to SH to recieve his punishment - Eddie, James , Angela , simple.But what we see under is a forthcoming scene which you may check on the other screen, scene of another Maria execution, with 2 PH even though James didnt kill Eddie yet so this means there are 2 PH stalkers(or maybe there were - during Civil war there used to be many execution scenes with 2 executioners involved, and if you all remember executioners use to wear some Traingle shaped hats, just like PH does :wink: ). I was always wondering about why PH left his Great Knife(with which i always love to finish'em :twisted: ) in that strange room , and why James is able to aquire it. I totaly reject theory that James stole it from him like i saw it somewhere :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Here is a way of thanking about it, if there is 1 PH Your fucked!!!!!!!!. and 2, equals SUPER FUCKED, or OPRA FUCKED!!! :mrgreen:
Tom133t
Just Passing Through

Post by Tom133t »

jimmy stone wrote:Here is a way of thanking about it, if there is 1 PH Your fucked!!!!!!!!. and 2, equals SUPER FUCKED, or OPRA FUCKED!!! :mrgreen:
I can imagine pulling into McDonalds:
"Hello, I'd like a Pyramid Head off of the "Oh shit!!" menu."
"Ok, would you like to super-oh-shit that for just 20 cents extra?"
[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6193/sh133t0ma.png[/img]
Varg6

Post by Varg6 »

Tom133t wrote:
jimmy stone wrote:Here is a way of thanking about it, if there is 1 PH Your fucked!!!!!!!!. and 2, equals SUPER FUCKED, or OPRA FUCKED!!! :mrgreen:
I can imagine pulling into McDonalds:
"Hello, I'd like a Pyramid Head off of the "Oh shit!!" menu."
"Ok, would you like to super-oh-shit that for just 20 cents extra?"

"I dunno if I could handle that one, chief, I think I'll leave the super-oh-shit alone for this time. Thanks anyway"
Det Som Engang Var...
Tom133t
Just Passing Through

Post by Tom133t »

xD
How come nobody has ever suggested this idea:
Pyramid head is a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong (much like El Chupacabra rofl) that escaped it's lab, destroyed SH and most of it's residents, and killed trespassers.
So a scientist made White Pyramid to kill Red Pyramid, but they became close friends and ate that same scientist.
[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6193/sh133t0ma.png[/img]
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

Quit the spamming, please.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

xmooglex wrote:
When you hurt one pyramid head doesn't it hurt the other as if they were one?
I used the shotgun, so i assumed that the bullets were scattering and thats why the two PHs both reacted. If not though, thats an interesting comment.
Yeah i can confrim that damage to one PH affects both. I went the whole battle with the Great Knife (because i thought it would be strangely ironic) and only ever attacked the one PH. After a while they both speared themselves.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Mhmm. They run off a single life bar. The first time I played I didn't realise, and carefully tried to even out my shots. I wasted a lot of time and took several hits in my efforts to equally deal out damage.

I just hit whichever is easiest to get to. You don't beat them any faster by concentrating on one.
AnneMarie

Post by AnneMarie »

I like the theory that James fights two PH in the hotel, because his sin has doubled since killing Eddie. I never really gave it much thought before, as to why there were two.
Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door................ Locked. F*** it.
DASGames
Just Passing Through

Post by DASGames »

Hmm... maybe Team Silent just wanted two at the end so it'd be more scary than just a 1 on 1 fight?

There's also the whole "oh there are two of them" shock when you finally see it...

Maybe they just thought it made more sense, and looks more like a ritual to have one on each side, rather than just one?
[b]Your Next-Gen Gaming Source![/b]
[url=http://www.das-games.com][img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/DASGames/newlogo.jpg[/img][/url]
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

Wait, can someone help me get this straight?

Pyramid Head isn't sexually assaulting and raping the monsters to death, it's just him plainly killing them in a manner that suggest so? Because I keep hearing things about Pyramid Head raping this and that, and after watching the Making of Silent Hill 2 vidoe I'm really doubting his mega-thrusting them to death.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I think the appearance of the second Pyramid Head has nothing to do with Eddie at all.

I think Room 312 is the catalyst. James feels no guilt towards killing Eddie, nor should he. It was completely justifiable self-defense.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I used to subscribe to the Eddie theory, but now I'm not so sure. The courtyard screenshot has given me additional pause. (plus as you mentioned, self defense =/= guilt)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I think the appearance of the second Pyramid Head has nothing to do with Eddie at all.
It's about time.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Indeed, if only we were all blessed with the genius of St. Thomas, then we could all immediately understand every aspect of Silent Hill and never have to discuss theories or the evidence to support either side.

Multiple-paged threads in which people examine evidence and talk their way through the thought process is for the weak! :mrgreen:

[/facetiousness]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I just found it amusing because Alone in the Town & I have had this discussion back & forth before, for awhile now.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Magdalene

Post by Magdalene »

alone in the town wrote:I think the appearance of the second Pyramid Head has nothing to do with Eddie at all.

I think Room 312 is the catalyst. James feels no guilt towards killing Eddie, nor should he. It was completely justifiable self-defense.
I disagree. After killing Eddie doesn't James drop to his knees and mourn over his actions?
"I killed a human being... A human being."

I take that as guilt.
Or am I missing something?
Last edited by Magdalene on 23 Jun 2006, edited 1 time in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>"I killed a human being... A human being."
What makes you think he's necessarily talking about Eddie?...

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.