Significance of Two PH's?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Significance of Two PH's?

Post by KiramidHead »

Well, I noticed that the gallows in the prison has a picture on it with two PH's flanking a haging body. When you first see two PH's in the same room together, they are flanking the hanging Maria, albeit the the person in the picture was hanging by the neck, while she was upside down. Just a thought, not necessarily indicative of anything.
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

KiramidHead wrote:Well, I noticed that the gallows in the prison has a picture on it with two PH's flanking a haging body. When you first see two PH's in the same room together, they are flanking the hanging Maria, albeit the the person in the picture was hanging by the neck, while she was upside down. Just a thought, not necessarily indicative of anything.
I must have missed that totally. I only remember the misty day picture.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

It's where you insert the three tablets, but the picture can only be seen if you look carefully, as the close up only shows the depressions where you place the tablets.
SHF

Post by SHF »

The significance of the two pyramid heads:
Phead is a physical projection from james guilty conscious that he repressed.
The first pyramid head is this repressed guilt
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
for killing his wife
The second pyramid head may represent
his guilt for killing eddie. if you recall what james says after he shoots eddie to death, he shows deep remorse for it
This is my theory on why there are two of the pyramid heads.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That theory doesn't make any sense. James doesn't feel guilt for killing Eddie. All of this is covered . . . in this very thread. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

The Adversary wrote:That theory doesn't make any sense. James doesn't feel guilt for killing Eddie. All of this is covered . . . in this very thread. . . .
yes he does:
*Eddie and James then fight until Eddie falls to the ground.*

James: Eddie'

*James walks over to Eddie's body and looks over it.*

James: Eddie! I... I killed a... a human being... A human being...
Mary... Did you really die three years ago...'

^ he did feel guilty for killing eddie. Fact.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Saying a person's name after killing them is not guilt.

It also fails to explain why there are two r.p.t.s before Eddie dies.

Also: This is all covered . . . in this very thread.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

There's no way that the second Pyramid Head has anything to do with Eddie.

If it did, when James comes to grips with his guilt over Mary, this should only cause one of the Pyramid Heads to cease attacking during the boss fight. He has made no effort to come to grips with his supposed guilt over having to put Eddie down. The second Pyramid Head should continue to harass James until such time as he does so, if it is connected to Eddie's death.

Furthermore, it's kind of preposterous to take the one line James has about Eddie's death and call it 'deep remorse', but if that's what it was, then it indicates that James is not trying to conceal his guilt and, therefore, another Pyramid Head would serve no purpose.

Of course, James doesn't really feel any guilt over Eddie, nor should he--his killing of Eddie is an entirely-justifiable act of self-defense. Pyramid Head would have no guilt upon which to manifest. The only way to tie the two together would be to suggest that Pyramid Head is tied to killing, regardless of circumstance or intent, and this is definitely not true. Therefore, we are left only with the weak coincidence that the next time Pyramid Head appears after James kills Eddie, there are two in the same place simultaneously, and there are other, better explanations for this.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

helldescent wrote:The significance of the two pyramid heads:
Phead is a physical projection from james guilty conscious that he repressed.
The first pyramid head is this repressed guilt
for killing his wife
The second pyramid head may represent
his guilt for killing eddie. if you recall what james says after he shoots eddie to death, he shows deep remorse for it
This is my theory on why there are two of the pyramid heads.
I agree with helldescent. "I killed a human being." Does that not show guilt? Does it really matter if your guilt is hidden or not for a Pyramid Head to manifest? Is there an automatic rule that if you already know your guilt you can't manifest something? Where is the set rule for this? And if there are other explanations for 2 RPH's, what are they? Pyramid Head = punishment. Executioner, judgement. Of course James feels guilty over killed Eddie. Who wouldn't? If you killed a guy with a broken psyche because you had to, wouldn't you feel guilt?
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

simeonalo wrote:I agree with helldescent. "I killed a human being." Does that not show guilt? Does it really matter if your guilt is hidden or not for a Pyramid Head to manifest? Is there an automatic rule that if you already know your guilt you can't manifest something? Where is the set rule for this? And if there are other explanations for 2 RPH's, what are they? Pyramid Head = punishment. Executioner, judgement. Of course James feels guilty over killed Eddie. Who wouldn't? If you killed a guy with a broken psyche because you had to, wouldn't you feel guilt?
So, explain what James does to absolve himself of guilt over killing Eddie. Both Pyramid Heads end themselves simultaneously. If the second Pyramid Head was tied to Eddie, this means that James is making a statement like "I no longer need to feel guilty for any of the people I've killed!".
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>If you killed a guy with a broken psyche because you had to, wouldn't you feel guilt?<
Not if that guy pulled a gun on me first.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Moreover, the second James says "I killed a human being", he INSTANTLY starts talking about Mary, questioning the circumstances of her death. James couldn't give any less of a shit about Eddie, he was just a vehicle to take away his ability to deny being a murderer, one way or another.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I agree with helldescent. "I killed a human being." Does that not show guilt? Does it really matter if your guilt is hidden or not for a Pyramid Head to manifest? Is there an automatic rule that if you already know your guilt you can't manifest something? Where is the set rule for this? And if there are other explanations for 2 RPH's, what are they? Pyramid Head = punishment. Executioner, judgement. Of course James feels guilty over killed Eddie. Who wouldn't? If you killed a guy with a broken psyche because you had to, wouldn't you feel guilt?

James was in shock that he did indeed kill another human being, but it seemed he regretted doing what he did, but only because at this point he is still delusional in thinking that he hasn't killed anybody ever at all....he's shocked in the way that you or I would be if we ever killed another person in the way that he did....it would've kinda cheapened the experience a bit as well if they made him feel guilty for killing eddie and having that other PH represent eddie...it would've been a bit overkill....and this was done in self defense....

------------------------------------------------
alone in the town wrote:There's no way that the second Pyramid Head has anything to do with Eddie.

If it did, when James comes to grips with his guilt over Mary, this should only cause one of the Pyramid Heads to cease attacking during the boss fight. He has made no effort to come to grips with his supposed guilt over having to put Eddie down. The second Pyramid Head should continue to harass James until such time as he does so, if it is connected to Eddie's death.

Furthermore, it's kind of preposterous to take the one line James has about Eddie's death and call it 'deep remorse', but if that's what it was, then it indicates that James is not trying to conceal his guilt and, therefore, another Pyramid Head would serve no purpose.

Of course, James doesn't really feel any guilt over Eddie, nor should he--his killing of Eddie is an entirely-justifiable act of self-defense. Pyramid Head would have no guilt upon which to manifest. The only way to tie the two together would be to suggest that Pyramid Head is tied to killing, regardless of circumstance or intent, and this is definitely not true. Therefore, we are left only with the weak coincidence that the next time Pyramid Head appears after James kills Eddie, there are two in the same place simultaneously, and there are other, better explanations for this.

I agree with this....James was acting in self defense,...not performing an act of mercy killing or any other controversial action...

Don't double-post. Use the EDIT button.
Last edited by clips on 25 Oct 2010, edited 3 times in total.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

KiramidHead wrote:When you first see two PH's in the same room together, they are flanking the hanging Maria, albeit the the person in the picture was hanging by the neck, while she was upside down.
I know this isn't the case, but...

I had thought she was hanging upside down as an indication of the nature of her existence, because of the meanings of reversed tarot cards :D

Yeah...I guess everyone in here is sick of the tarot talk anyhow.

Side note: I fucking love you guys! This thread has been going for THIS long? Bravo! You really are purists.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
SHF

Post by SHF »

DeSilva wrote:
KiramidHead wrote:Well, I noticed that the gallows in the prison has a picture on it with two PH's flanking a haging body. When you first see two PH's in the same room together, they are flanking the hanging Maria, albeit the the person in the picture was hanging by the neck, while she was upside down. Just a thought, not necessarily indicative of anything.
I must have missed that totally. I only remember the misty day picture.
here you go: