Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 05 Dec 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Post subject:

I've always subscribed to the theory that the second PH only appears after Eddie's murder. In my opinion there aren't two PHs in the Labyrinth, you never see them both together after all. Granted, you see them at two points where it would be impossible for him to move that fast; but when has PH (or Silent Hill for that matter) ever stayed within the prescribed laws of physics?

My (perhaps slightly naive) interpretation of why the eggs appear differently is - Rust - old blood (Mary) & Red - new blood (Eddie).

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
^Hmmmmmmmmm?That could work as a theory.I thought there must have been more then two throughout the whole game even before I got to the ending.One PH could not do all that damage alone. :roll: I know I amke no sence,do I?

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Post subject:

Burning Man wrote:
I've once read that the eggs are representations of James' guilty subconscious "bottled up." The colors of these eggs reflect his "other world," which is in decay. Personally, because the "other world" was visible even before Eddie's death, I tend to disagree that one of the eggs existence had anything to with that.

Good golly! I like where this goes..

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Jul 2005
Notes left: 15
I've recently replayed Silent Hill 2 this past summer as suggested by Oprah's Piss Your Pants in a Scary Alternate World series.
As far as two PHs in the Labyrinth, I don't remember 2.
I remember the one with the spear in the flooded hallway tunnel who I could run circles around.
Where was the other one?

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11059
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
In the circular hallway right near the beginning. Did you find the Great Knife? If so, you were lucky that you managed to avoid him.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Oh yeah!! I can't believe I forgot about that. What weapon did the PH have in the Great Knife chamber?

Post subject:

His trusty spear. In fact, he uses the Great Knife only in the encounter at Blue Creek. He keeps with his spears for the rest of the adventure, and the painting also shows him with a spear.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

I think PH also had the Great Knife at the roof of the hospital, because you can hear it dragging on the roof right before he knocks you off.

Post subject:

Nope. He swings his spear at you.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19441
Last seen at: #lfk
>He swings his spear at you.
Try again.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Okay.

He makes some sort of vaguely threatening move against you.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

One more time...

http://www.geocities.com/th765/phroof.jpg

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2099
Last seen at: Australia
alone in the town wrote:
Nope. He swings his spear at you.

Could have sworn that was the Great Knife.

Edit: Posted before seeing TA's picture, rather than after. I'm not -that- much of a tool

Post subject:

Yeah, you hear the grinding of the Great Knife. I personally shit a brick when I heard it.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 305
Last seen at: XY (0,0)
Alone in the Town - "Pyramid Head is a distinct entity with its own Silent Hill history. Based on the Red Devil remark made in the trash magazine, some people assume Walter refers to Pyramid Head.We now know his red Devil is Jimmy Stone of the Order, and his lieutenant George Rosten. Both were killed by Walter, and Stone was known to wear a red miter. It's unlikely that they are the Pyramid Heads we see, because there is no thematic significance for this theory, with SH2 itself authoring plenty of its own."

Well I think that Silent Hill 2 is a game in it's own. And so is Shilent Hill 4: The Room.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Sep 2005
Notes left: 231
Until I hear a better explanation, I guess I will go with the Eddie theory. Although, during my first play through, I thought that there was only one Pyramid Head in the Labyrinth, because I never went back to the circular "corridor". But I felt so stalked, because I was so confused, and also because he seemed to be at every turn. Then when I got to the 2 PH's in the hotel, I stopped and thought that there might have been two in the Labyrinth, which is why I felt so stalked by him. But for this, I still don't see a great explanation. And it's just not exactly provable that there are two there, because you don't see the two together.

Anyway, I am going to assume that when you encounter Pyramid Head right before you encounter Angela, the "other" Pyramid Head is still in that corridor if you go back, but I never bothered to check. (I really hate the Labyrinth) But with as great a theory as Eddie's (because James shows remorse and guilt over killing him), I'm just going with that. The fact that there may be two before killing Eddie doesn't convince me enough, because it's just one small flaw in an otherwise excellent theory.

But eh, I'm into hearing other people's theories as well.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jun 2005
Notes left: 209
Last seen at: In the basement of the Alamo
When you hurt one pyramid head doesn't it hurt the other as if they were one?

Post subject:

Why are both PH's at the end the red one? I thought there were two type of Pyramid Head. :?:

Post subject:

One of them is somtimes reffered to as the White pyrimid head.

It may have somthing to do with the image of the 2 pyrimid heads in the Prison courtyard, take a good look at it. Looks alot like that scene there don't it.

http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/SH ... SHP022.jpg

http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/SH ... Alt019.jpg

I personally thought that there was 2 PH's the whole time.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>One of them is somtimes reffered to as the White pyrimid head.
By who? I've never heard that before.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next