Laura's safety is due to...

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

She doesn't...
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
Miss Vandeerbilt
Just Passing Through

Post by Miss Vandeerbilt »

Whoomp wrote:Yeah but that don't explain the doorman monster that attacks her.
This ain't Laura.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Its Angela...
-Make It Idiot Proof, And They'll Come Up With A Better Idiot-
Xev
Historical Society Historian

Post by Xev »

I believe the town did "call" Laura there too; not because she was evil, just because she got so close with Mary. I think she felt like she would see her again there. She also knew about James and thats why she gives him crap every time she sees him, kicking keys and locking doors.
She is spiteful towards him because she believed he could have been much better to Mary. In her letter to Laura, she tells her not to hate James cause he is basically a good man, but I think she tries to make it harder on him, but at the same time she wants him to see and face what he is and why he is there.
I dont think Maria is evil at all. She doesnt try to steer you away from the right path, in fact there are times when she will say - shouldnt we go after that little girl?
I dont think laura sees the monsters at all just a blank town where she feels closer to Mary. OR maybe she does know of them, just not afraid, like she's getting protection from Mary - like when she locks James in the room with a bunch of them.
Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk
Location: Is Florida considered the Dirty South or East Coast?

Post by Nurse Babz »

The town didn't really call her. She read a REAL letter from Mary, talking about how she's now in her happy place or something like that. Mary always talked about Silent Hill so Laura put 2 and 2 together and it equalled Silent Hill.
There was a Dead RN here. It's alive now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

Bright little kid that Laura.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
PaintxThisxRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PaintxThisxRed »

Dead RN wrote:The town didn't really call her. She read a REAL letter from Mary, talking about how she's now in her happy place or something like that. Mary always talked about Silent Hill so Laura put 2 and 2 together and it equalled Silent Hill.
This is in the story. Why are there so many theories against it? Laura goes to Silent Hill because Mary mentions it in the letter. Nothing more IMHO.
To the "Laura is the innocent side of Mary" theory.

For Laura being the innocent side of Mary, she sure is a little brat.

Perhaps this is what Gans interpreted as well, hence the
separation of evil/innocent Alessa in the movie
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/dumke/Cardia%20Stuff/Shark-Banner.gif[/img]NEW SONG UP!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

right my theory
everyone who get's sucked in SH you might say sees it different (just watch the difference from SH1 to SH4)
laura came to find mary, unlike james, angela and eddie she's not suffering from any bad emotion (and we all know this town really loves bad emotions :D)
eddy for one doesn't seem monsters, he sees dogs and guys verbally abusing him, angela sees monsters though always the same one, her dad
Laura doesn't have any bad emotion, and thus she doesn't see any monsters. she prolly does see an empty town (without the fog we as james see) or for all we know she sees SH in it's real state (I very much doubt that though, as it would seem rather odd they let a child in the back of a hospital)
my point is though for everyone SH is different; Laura didn't see any monsters at all and thus wasn't in any danger whatsoever
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

Silent_Hill_Tourist wrote:When does Laura get attacked by a monster?
Oh sorry mixed them up, ofcourse she don't, I was a little sleepy when I wrote that.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

>>"She is spiteful towards him because she believed he could have been much better to Mary. In her letter to Laura, she tells her not to hate James cause he is basically a good man, but I think she tries to make it harder on him, but at the same time she wants him to see and face what he is and why he is there."

Laura doesn't know that James killed Mary, nor why he is there (that is untill he tells her that he's looking for Mary when we see Laura for the 2nd time, after leaving the apts). Laura is there for one reason: to find Mary. That's the only reason Laura went the Silent Hill in the first place. Her having no mother or father, Mary was the only person that acted like a mom to her. And then Mary leaves to Silent Hill, so as soon as Laura found out she left and went to Silent Hill to find the only mother she ever had. Not to show James to see and face what he is and why he is there. I think Maria and PH took care of that pretty good.
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

She's possibly punishing all adults, since from a child's point of view they were the ones who tortured her.

Not at all true. Mumblers and Claw Fingers represent the children who tormented her at school. Adults didn't carve "Go Home. Drop Dead. Theif" into Alessa's desk. I'm guessing you haven't played SH1 since you didn't pick up on that.
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

There could be many theories thought up bout why Laura is in silent hill.. I think the spirit thing is a good theorie.. Cause this would mean that she died with mary in the hospital because she obviously terminal ill if she knew mary well eough, they must have been in the same ward.. The only reason she got sucked into silent hill is to see what actually did happen to mary, this is her purgatory.. She is only a kid.. she's not mature enough as to whats goin on.. And obviously she's not getting punished for anything because she doesnt see any of the monsters..
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Laura is in town for the same reason that James is: she got a letter. Laura is also in the same unreality that James is, but, like everyone else, she sees it differently.

Why?

Because Laura is alone; she's an orphan; Mary was her friend--probably her only friend. And now she's in a town that reflects one's mind. What does she see? Nothing. Because she has nothing left for her: her parents are gone; her best friend is gone.

Laura is alone in Silent Hill because Laura is alone in reality.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

St. Thomas wrote:Laura is in town for the same reason that James is: she got a letter. Laura is also in the same unreality that James is, but, like everyone else, she sees it differently.

Why?

Because Laura is alone; she's an orphan; Mary was her friend--probably her only friend. And now she's in a town that reflects one's mind. What does she see? Nothing. Because she has nothing left for her: her parents are gone; her best friend is gone.

Laura is alone in Silent Hill because Laura is alone in reality.

Yeah...What he said.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

isn't james alone now?
and is laura alone? if it reflects on one's mind then laura still thinks she's got mary.
i think. :)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

How?

James sees monsters; Laura does not. James sees the town, ruinous & foggy; Laura does not.

I think you've missed the point entirely...
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i might have...
it seemd like you thought she didn't see stuff cuz she is alone. so i just tried to point out, she is not quite alone, and james is alone.

there just might be that laura ain't got "blood" on her hands. and we know all the other people there has some. if not, they might have been wanted by the town for some reason. laura wasnt wanted, neither did she have any sins.

just edited this and felt like adding this link, becuase it's relative to this thread

http://www.silenthillforum.co.uk/forum/ ... post403011

nice theory ;)
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Jun 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

thats why she sees whole town diffrent than James and other sinners , lol how many times it was already discussed from what i saw... many... :D
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>it seemd like you thought she didn't see stuff cuz she is alone.
James isn't alone--he sees monsters & people. Laura is alone--she sees nothing but the other people.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i thought the "alone" stuff, was why she didn't see monsters.
she sees it differently. Why? Because Laura is alone
you say she sees stuff differently cuz she is alone. but
James isn't alone--he sees monsters & people. Laura is alone--she sees nothing but the other people.
looks as if you are poiting out why people think she is safe. instead of answering the topic question :)
correct me if i'm wrong. oh well...
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

from what I see he did answer many times to this topic question :roll: like I said I saw answer many times already , and like you said : oh well...