James a Drunk? (Unmarked Spoiler)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I can't remember where it implies but I think it's in Lost Memories, maybe on some other japanese book about the game, but Aura is right about the clubs. It was in one of those clubs that James saw the "Lady Maria". The one that we can "find" in that flyer in SH3. He became kinda "attached" to her and that girl went inside his suconscious, later when he created Maria if you see, her face is the same as this real Lady Maria that he eventually saw performing on one of the clubs that he went.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

James visiting Heaven's Night isn't implied in the game or Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle. It's theorized he went, though.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

MMY wrote:James visiting Heaven's Night isn't implied in the game or Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle. It's theorized he went, though.
Thats what I always thought.

Also regarding Lady Maria, I heard somewhere that he saw her AT silent night but I doubt that theory holds much water.
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

James visiting Heaven's Night isn't implied in the game or Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle. It's theorized he went, though.
Everywhere else James visits seems to have some significance to him, and Maria was born in a strip club. Unless Mary went to them...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Lemex
Gravedigger

Apparently I can't spell 'alcoholism' :(

Post by Lemex »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Everywhere else James visits seems to have some significance to him, and Maria was born in a strip club. Unless Mary went to them...
It might just be a metaphor for sexual frustration. Not an indication of his actions.

Whereas alchoholism is sort of implied as you see bottles of booze pretty much everywhere. However, I don't think James was a drunk, or they would have appeared in the Abyss too.
Last edited by Lemex on 27 Nov 2009, edited 2 times in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Perhaps the perplexing nature of the abyss is indicative of his ostensible alcoholism.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

you would have to be hammered to tap Mary :P
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

ginjajacob wrote:you would have to be hammered to tap Mary :P
Haha - that really cheered me up.
But yeah, Mary is a babe.
TheGhastlyGrinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TheGhastlyGrinner »

I think james is already cocked when you start the game. I'm playing through for the second time now and I guess the second time around you can pick up the chainsaw very early in the game. So I equiped it and after just putting down the controller for about a min james lifts the chainsaw into the sky and starts screaming. Signs of a raging alchaholic :?:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/oiupsoi/newshsig.jpg[/img]
The only thing Columbus discovered was that he was lost!

Xbox-GhastlyGrinner
Ps3- Ghastly_Grinner
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Not once have I witnessed any of my alcoholic friends lift a chainsaw above their head and scream.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
TheGhastlyGrinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TheGhastlyGrinner »

I think they might if you equip them with a chainsaw and let them stand in the middle of silent hill for a minute.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/oiupsoi/newshsig.jpg[/img]
The only thing Columbus discovered was that he was lost!

Xbox-GhastlyGrinner
Ps3- Ghastly_Grinner
Violent Corpse
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Violent Corpse »

This is the crappiest theory ever.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yeah, theories are crap when they make sense and have factual bases.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Ha I think he's talking about the whole chainsaw-drunk-scream thing.
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

I'm no expert but from what I've seen on TV, alcoholics get so plastered they can barely walk in a straight line. On the videotape, James looks fairly sober when he's walking towards Mary.

I think he started drinking when Mary's health became worse. No wonder when he has to care for her 24/7 and she ends up bitter and spiteful towards him. He sobered up
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
to kill her
making sure he was in the right state of mind, then ran off to down some more booze to kill the pain before the events of the game took place.
Last edited by Web_Zombie on 14 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Television programs don't properly portray drinkers—casual and non-: They're always exaggerated to a ridiculous degree. Believe me. I'd know.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

MMY wrote:Television programs don't properly portray drinkers—casual and non-: They're always exaggerated to a ridiculous degree. Believe me. I'd know.
Ah touché, I should have known better than to rely on television.
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Web_Zombie wrote:I'm no expert but from what I've seen on TV, alcoholics get so plastered they can barely walk in a straight line. On the videotape, James looks fairly sober when he's walking towards Mary.
On the contrary, if you see someone stumbling like that, chances are that they are not an alcoholic. Alcoholics tend to have vast capacities thanks to their hard work and practice. They're the kind who can kill a whole case of beer and still appear, to the casual observer, more or less sober. Furthermore, being an alcoholic doesn't necessarily mean you drink yourself stupid constantly, rather that you drink far more frequently than you should and that it is probably affecting your life to some degree. It's more a case of addiction to the drink itself than it is the frequency of full-on drunkenness.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

>Alcoholics tend to have vast capacities thanks to their hard work and practice. They're the kind who can kill a whole case of beer and still appear, to the casual observer, more or less sober.

This is true. My Aunty Angel (ironic name, innit?) can down a six-pack like it's water, then go to work and do an eight hour shift with no issue.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
neotoko
Just Passing Through

Re: James a Drunk? (Unmarked Spoiler)

Post by neotoko »

Has any one ever bothered to wonder what's in those health drinks?