New attacks in Hard Mode?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

adamblue
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

New attacks in Hard Mode?

Post by adamblue »

Hey guys,
I was just recently playing SH2 on hard action mode and I noticed that some enemies used attacks on me that I had never seen before or engaged in some new behaviour and I just wanted to see if they're exclusive to hard mode or ift's just something that for whatever reason never occured on my many other playthroughs.
-
I'm also gonna try to keep this spoiler free.
-
Examples-
Flesh Lips, the hanging creatures from Brookhaven- I had only ever seen them try to strangle James. This time they would rear back for a much faster swing kick attack that took me totally off guard.
Nurses- They didn't have new attacks, but they grouped up which I had never seen before and if one of them hit the other while trying to attack James, it would actually damage it and cause it to bend backwards in a different way than if James hit it.
Final Boss- It would extend a long black phallic body part and use it like a whip to strike James. Same body part that it uses to choke James, but different attack.
-
Any one else seen these, an if so, do they only happen on Hard mode?
Fulfillment of purpose
in Divine Repose
Treated the boundary
and fortified the Whole
-
'Gainst onslaught of arrows
onslaught of arrows
An onslaught of arrows
piercing my soul
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Flesh Lips
Exclusive to Hard mode.

>Nurses
In Hard mode, there are many more nurses, so they naturally group together. However, if you can manage them to hit one another, it will cause damage in any mode--it's just more likely in Hard mode.

>Final Boss
It'll always do that, it's just not very common.

James has a few special attacks of his own on Hard mode, too--notably with the steel pipe.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

St. Thomas wrote:>Flesh Lips
Exclusive to Hard mode.

>Nurses
In Hard mode, there are many more nurses, so they naturally group together. However, if you can manage them to hit one another, it will cause damage in any mode--it's just more likely in Hard mode.

>Final Boss

James has a few special attacks of his own on Hard mode, too--notably with the steel pipe.
Are in HARD MODE new attacks with chainsaw.
Beast in your Nightmares
Just Passing Through

Post by Beast in your Nightmares »

i would like to know what these are, the chainsaw and steel pipe attacks.
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/AngelOfAirwaves/fire2-1.jpg[/img]
[i]He is here to punish me... the Red Devil..[/i]
[url=http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/AngelOfAirwaves/1151543979.swf]Im a Internet Pirate[/url]
rusted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by rusted »

uumm.. it's HARD mode.
i never noticed significant differences. The only ones are the damn bunch of nurses, are a pain in the ass.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/87/217061285_729e113c4a_o.jpg[/img]

English is not my first language so stop bothering me, i will try my best.
Scottie_Neptune
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Scottie_Neptune »

i never really noticed that, hm
Always remeber....thought shalt not kill.....but hear this.......Fuck! That! Shit!
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

I noticed the flesh lips, they freaked me out . Creepy. I also noticed that whip attack the Mary/Maria demon had, I don't think ive seen her do it before in easy/normal modes, as she doesnt even get chance because shes so easy to kill.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
adamblue
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by adamblue »

Exclusive to Hard mode.

>Nurses

>Final Boss

-
Yeah I noticed the new steel pipe attack but I thought I had somehow missed it before. James swings the pipe side to side much like the wooden plank. This makes it very useful, especially since I was playing without the bullet multiplier and was trying to save ammo. It definitely makes the steel pipe more effective. I activated it while in readiness stance by holding square and x.
-
Thanks for the replies guys!
Fulfillment of purpose
in Divine Repose
Treated the boundary
and fortified the Whole
-
'Gainst onslaught of arrows
onslaught of arrows
An onslaught of arrows
piercing my soul
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

Exclusive to Hard mode.

>Nurses

>Final Boss

That sucks that alot of the neat stuff is exclusive only to hard mode. That kinda works like Devil May Cry 3, like when Virgil can only summon those ring of blue swords around him only in Dante Must Die mode.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Exclusive to Hard mode.
Nope, happens on NORMAL as well. Maybe it differs from version to version? It happened to me in Inner Fears for Xbox.
batmanhill6157
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by batmanhill6157 »

>Nurses
damn those were a pain in the ass
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1130/lbpbatsigxl6.png[/img][/url]
PSN ID: batmanhill6157
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Nope, happens on NORMAL as well.
Really? I guess it's been awhile so it's a possibility, and I've no way of verifying it here.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

Black Vault wrote:
Exclusive to Hard mode.
Nope, happens on NORMAL as well. Maybe it differs from version to version? It happened to me in Inner Fears for Xbox.
"Inner Fears", what?
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

European Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Darkest Dream
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Darkest Dream »

probably you people didn't notice that but nurse hardly opt a thrust attack. nurse often uses swinging attack than thrust. still, they do a thrust attack.
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Dombrowski26/headlinebizarro.gif[/img]
Fungo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fungo »

The only thing I notice different about hard mode is that James will run into walls.

All the other things you described are normal to all versions of the game (easy, normal, and hard).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah, I noticed the wall-slamming too. Instead of just attacking throught the wall, James' weapon knocks back just as if he hit a monster. I've also noticed that Lying Figures uses their acid like it was a wall.