Best Plot Twist Ever? [Massive spoilers!]

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

OK then. My bad. :oops:
I thought Lost was talking about MGS (which IS the Bible of video games :P). Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Lost?!
Just Passing Through

Post by Lost?! »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, it's true. Any literary professor would tell you that the Bible is amateurish as a story, barely of a High School level. But the Bible isn't SUPPOSED to be a story, it's supposed to give a message; everything in it is a device to serve that purpose.
Umm. No. The Bible has influenced more great story's than probably anything else in history, been made into more great movies than anything else in history, music, art... You name it. Amateurish? By what standards?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Inspiring something else doesn't make it a good literary story. Especially when those movies usually add in details, like the Last Temptation of Christ, which assumed that one of the temptations was Mary Magdeline. You can't judge something's quality by the quality of the stuff it inspires, especially when religion gives a bias.

By what standards? Literary standards. Regardless of it's worth and quality as a moral and religious work, as a STORY, the Bible is very poor; but it wasn't supposed to serve as a story, the point is to deliver aesops and moral guidance.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

To say that The Bible has little literary merit is arguably one of the most retarded things I've ever read.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PartyHard
Just Passing Through

Post by PartyHard »

Not to mention that it's full of plagiarism.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

To say that The Bible has little literary merit is arguably one of the most retarded things I've ever read.
Having little literary merit isn't the same as being written as a good story. I c wut u did thar.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
griffithsguy322
Just Passing Through

Post by griffithsguy322 »

i love the SH2 story, but the elaboration on some of the endings ould have been nice. but then we wouldn't would have Aura Twilight to give us his/her(sorry) enlightning oppinions and clarifications now would we. lol
I always seem to find myself in the middle of women, violence and conflict....god i hate conflict.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

his/her(sorry)
Don't worry about it. Call me what you like. ;)
dominik9
Just Passing Through

Post by dominik9 »

It was weird for me too cuz the whole game i thought that James is running away from monsters but he's actualy running away from himself.. 8)
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

dominik9 wrote:It was weird for me too cuz the whole game i thought that James is running away from monsters but he's actualy running away from himself.. 8)
Not really. Those monsters are certainly real enough to kill him.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

I have to say, indeed this was one helluva plot twist, and what's even kinda strange, is that some people can still sympathize with James :shock:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, can't you? If someone you loved was dying slowly, and there was no hope of them getting better, and they were in constant pain, wouldn't it be merciful?
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, can't you? If someone you loved was dying slowly, and there was no hope of them getting better, and they were in constant pain, wouldn't it be merciful?
Merciful? yes, the right thing to do? HELL no, much less in such a
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
horrible way by suffocating her with a pillow, it must've been horrible for her to go that way :(
A sick person is not like a dying horse to be put to death so she could be out of her misery, ya know...
Blackhandsaint
Just Passing Through

Post by Blackhandsaint »

Fargo wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Well, can't you? If someone you loved was dying slowly, and there was no hope of them getting better, and they were in constant pain, wouldn't it be merciful?
horrible way by suffocating her with a pillow, it must've been horrible for her to go that way :(
A sick person is not like a dying horse to be put to death so she could be out of her misery, ya know...
I disagree with some of your points.
I think the devs had James suffocate his wife with a pillow because, at least on the surface, it is a very tranquil method of murder for both the victim and the murderer. When I finished SH2 and found out what James had done, I still felt that he was a sympathetic character. True, his motives were tainted, but neither he nor the killing itself was cut and dry good or evil.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

Blackhandsaint wrote:
Fargo wrote:
I disagree with some of your points.
I think the devs had James suffocate his wife with a pillow because, at least on the surface, it is a very tranquil method of murder for both the victim and the murderer. When I finished SH2 and found out what James had done, I still felt that he was a sympathetic character. True, his motives were tainted, but neither he nor the killing itself was cut and dry good or evil.
A "tranquil method"?... geez, no offense, but you make that sound like it's not such a terrible thing to do, just imagine
getting your air supply cut off, asphyxiating in panic trying to survive, only to realize that your death is just a few seconds away,
how could that be a tranquil method?... okay yeah, there are much worse ways to take care of that, but still...

EDIT: And yeah, I understand the circumstances that drove James to do what he did, but still that doesn't gives him the right to
take another human's life, even out of compassion and/or sympathy.
Blackhandsaint
Just Passing Through

Post by Blackhandsaint »

A "tranquil method"?... geez, no offense, but you make that sound like it's not such a terrible thing to do, just imagine
getting your air supply cut off, asphyxiating in panic trying to survive, only to realize that your death is just a few seconds away,
how could that be a tranquil method?... okay yeah, there are much worse ways to take care of that, but still...

EDIT: And yeah, I understand the circumstances that drove James to do what he did, but still that doesn't gives him the right to
I didn't way that it wasn't a terrible thing to do, I was just saying that it wasn't brutal, violent, or even unwelcome. What James did was definitely wrong given his mixed motives (obey Mary's wishes/get her out of his life) and I think the devs wanted to show that kind of moral compromise in the way he killed her. Suffocating an already morbidly ill victim isn't as harsh as, say, taking a nearby syringe and giving her a few CCs of air.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

Blackhandsaint wrote:

I didn't way that it wasn't a terrible thing to do, I was just saying that it wasn't brutal, violent, or even unwelcome. What James did was definitely wrong given his mixed motives (obey Mary's wishes/get her out of his life) and I think the devs wanted to show that kind of moral compromise in the way he killed her. Suffocating an already morbidly ill victim isn't as harsh as, say, taking a nearby syringe and giving her a few CCs of air.
Hmm... okay, I get your point.
pyramidhead11
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidhead11 »

i thick sh2 has the best every thing the storie the monster the otherworld and character
happy people can be so cruel
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

QUOTE: A sick person is not like a dying horse to be put to death so she could be out of her misery, ya know...

That's one of the difficulties of being human. We can end the suffering of a horse, or a dog, or a cat; but we're expected to endure whatever kind of death our circumstances throw at us. No matter how slow, excruciating, and miserable it is.
PartyHard
Just Passing Through

Post by PartyHard »

Oddish wrote:That's one of the difficulties of being human. We can end the suffering of a horse, or a dog, or a cat; but we're expected to endure whatever kind of death our circumstances throw at us. No matter how slow, excruciating, and miserable it is.
There's human euthanasia though, legal in some european countries.