Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 25 Nov 2020

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: About the Picture in the cafeteria (toluca prison)

Missing since: 03 May 2009
Notes left: 302
Last seen at: Iran
I checked the quicklinks section & didn't find anything about this;
My friend & I are replaying SH2 & tonight we noticed something strange, & thought maybe there's some meaning behind it:

In the Toluca prison cafeteria, where we meet Eddie sitting beside a 'corpse' & playing with his revolver (there's also a save point in it) there's a Picture or a photo, of the same cafeteria room, taken from the big door's perspective. (I'm gonna post the screenshots)
Now if you notice, everything looks the same as the room in that picture, except the 'corpse'.
I took screenshots, which I'll post here, & in it the corpse wears the same clothes as James, & the same colour, & he's blonde too, I suppose.
Yet, the 'real corpse' wears a brown jacket & green pants & has dark hair.
I was wondering if this is another easter egg like [spoiler] James' corpse sitting behind the TV in Woodside apt.[/spoiler]?

Here are the screenshots of the picture & the real corpse:
[spoiler]
-
[/spoiler]
Discuss.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Aug 2009
Notes left: 141
Last seen at: South Beloit, IL
James is seeing his own death in other peoples', obv.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 8073
Oh, nice find! I never thought that this corpse was like the others that we find trough the game. You used a camhack on this? I don't recall that it's a possibilty to get this close to the corpse...

Deadbolt's right I guess.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11058
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
There are plenty of other corpses that share James' appearance. Including the party in the meat freezer where Eddie finally snaps for good.

Plus, the corpse is visible in that wall picture.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jul 2009
Notes left: 21
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
NEAT :)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2008
Notes left: 276
Last seen at: Silent Hill, trying to find my TARDIS.
I think it was just reuse of a character model to save time. I don't think it's specifically intended to symbolise James, but it is creepy in that the picture shows something that shouldn't have been there in the first place at the time it was taken... unless Eddie took it... or PH. :shock:

Edit: Oh, hang on a bit. I brightened my screen up and I see what you mean about the jackets looking the same color. Before my brightness was so that the picture jacket just looked kind of brownish. Looking at it now, it seems like it DOES show James in the pic. The guy on the table in his brown jacket reminds me of Harry. :p

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2934
The two corpses do look different, but I don't know if anything specific was symbolized.

Post subject:

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 4658
Last seen at: My Slinky! My cuddly little pet Slinky! *sobs*
It's just a different angle. That's the same corpse. Promise.

Nice find, though- I never even noticed it.

BACK FROM THE DEAD, BITCHES

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Aug 2009
Notes left: 190
I like how the picture is infinite, too. You can see the picture in the picture. I always laughed that there was a pic of the room you're standing in.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Exactly, that's what makes it so surreal. It's the "here and now" but shown in a way that had to have been taken 'then'. Both in one place at one time.

Silent Hill, the games it plays with the mortal mind...

Edit: And yes, a certain part in the movie SpaceBalls just came to mind...

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Mephisto wrote:
Oh, nice find! I never thought that this corpse was like the others that we find trough the game. You used a camhack on this? I don't recall that it's a possibilty to get this close to the corpse...

No, I didn't use camera hacks. Actually when you re-enter the cafeteria from the hall way, the camera's angle changes to the same perspective shown on the picture.

alone in the town wrote:
There are plenty of other corpses that share James' appearance. Including the party in the meat freezer where Eddie finally snaps for good.

I think you're referring to the room with greenish gasses where you first have to shoot Eddie so he'd run out in the other room with hanging meats, right?

Last edited by Returbuliz on 08 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Aug 2009
Notes left: 250
Last seen at: in a HOLE
It kind of goes with the "James has done this before theory" (sorry don't have the link...)

There's a theory that states that James' punishment not only consists of being trapped in Silent Hill [spoiler] whilst being tortured by opposing sides of his mind[/spoiler], but when he dies he reappears in the bathroom and repeats the process again and again.

[spoiler] This kind of explains why James' corpses are everywhere, especially around Eddy. The bodies resemble James getting to that point in his punishment, but doing something different that inevitably led to his demise. That's also probably why there's about 4 corpses in the meat freezer (Eddy might of shot James differently than he did during the main story). Eddy also could have snapped in the cafeteria and killed James then instead of waiting until later in another one of James' "Hells". [/spoiler]

and took the CUBE away.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Jul 2006
Notes left: 174
Last seen at: Brookhaven Hospital
Pretty cool find I've never noticed that before. Although I don't think it really symbolizes anything.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Nice theory, Deathbywoodenplank.
I think James' several deaths is kind of similar to Valtiel resurrecting Heather after each time dying. I'm not saying Valtiel has anything to do with the SH2 plot.
I think, James subconsciously sees himself dead at some places, as he deep inside feels he 'deserves' to be dead.
But I think it's possible that the game is symbolizing the fact of replaying (reloading save points, according to Lost Memories) & getting new endings in a way that James can have multiple fates depending on the player's playthrough.
Like for instance, in In Water ending, [spoiler]James drives off with his car into the lake[/spoiler] & the same car can be found in the beginning of the game, outside the toilets, as if this experience is 'repeating' for James until he finally learns something from it. This corpse in the picture, could perhaps symbolize, that at some point James 'could' die by the hands of Eddie, & it's dependant on our playing to determine his fate.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1543
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
Am I the only one who sees Pyramid Head?
On the right side of the room, behind the last column.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

I think I see what I think you see. If so I think it's just crap (either literally or figuratively) on the wall.

Post subject:

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 4658
Last seen at: My Slinky! My cuddly little pet Slinky! *sobs*
Ah, shit... now I see it, too. It looks like his helmet, overlapping a column behind him, making it difficult to believe it's a smear on the wall.

I'll edit the picture to point it out later.

BACK FROM THE DEAD, BITCHES

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1543
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
^Thanks, I thought I was going crazy!

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2934
It looks to me like the jacket on the corpse is brown, while the one in the picture is green.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Yeah, that's what I missed when I looked at the pics there the first time on here. I didn't have my brightness turned up enough. Both jackets looked a shade of brownish to me before then.