Jocasta artifact

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Marluxia666
Just Passing Through

Jocasta artifact

Post by Marluxia666 »

Is it just me, or when you put the jocasta artifact in your possession, all the enemies disappear. I know when I played last night that I had a lobby full of monsters. I go into dr. Harris' office and get the jocasta artifact, and go back out. Every enemy is gone. I haven't seen an enemy at all until I went to female seclusion 5, and beat the sanitarium boss.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: Jocasta artifact

Post by phantomess »

I think I'd already killed the enemies on my way by then, at least in my recent playthroughs, so might not have noticed. But sometimes there are triggering events in the games that'll cause enemies to appear, or I guess disappear. Makes sense they'd disappear when you're on your way to a boss battle I suppose. Rather nice of them! Honestly, the creators probably just wanted you to focus on finding your way to the boss and not receive a beating on your way there. If I'm remembering correctly, some music kicks in when you get the artifact as well, so they were probably trying to set the mood and monster encounters would just break that up.

Then again, maybe it was just a glitch? :lol: I guess I'm not that much help. This is probably one of those things where "Don't question it, just be thankful!" applies.
Marluxia666
Just Passing Through

Re: Jocasta artifact

Post by Marluxia666 »

Yes, a nice calm soothing piano piece kicks in. Kind of like the piece when james gets away from pyramid head at the end of the brookhaven hospital level in silent hill 2.