Canon or no?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Re: Canon or no?

Post by rm2kking »

Maybe her intention was that he help her to stop people from interfering with her death, but by saving her, he brought about the opposite outcome. Perhaps this is why she continued to use him.

This is all speculation, based on nothing concrete.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Droo

Post by Droo »

Or perhaps Silent Hill 3 sheds some light on this. She both wanted to die, and didn't want to die. She wanted to stop her mother but she was also an abused, scared little girl who was about to die.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Good point. I've often explained Alessa's motivation to people as "she just wants a normal childhood."
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I have a few things to add to this discussion, even though it died 2 years ago. Please don't hate me because I while agree that there are things that happened in 0rigins that were a slap in the face to the continuity of this series, it still is canon. My example for this is something mentioned in the early pages in this thread, but not put together: George Lucas and the Star Wars franchise. George Lucas creates the original trilogy, people love the original trilogy, then years later he goes back in with special effects and retcons the crap out of it. Then he made the prequels, which created more problems with continuity and little plot holes here and there. So, is the original trilogy the canon, or is it the revised versions of the trilogy? And now that Disney owns the franchise, if we don't like the new films, will they not be included in the canon?

Look what George Lucas did to his own work when it was in his own hands and he controlled it! Team Silent was no more, so maybe they figured that any retcons and continuity errors were no longer their problem. What were they going to be able to do about it? Climax had the info and chose to ignore/change it, and even if they wanted to, I doubt that Team Silent could do anything about it at that point.

So, let's say it is canon with pieces that you can just substitute with previously established info in your own mind and ignore the little retcons and plot holes Climax created, and you will feel better. :D
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Gee, I just wish someone would realease something like, "Silent Hill, Alessa Trilogy" or something, with SH0's, 1's and 3's remakes, fixing up the plot and stuff.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I also wish this, it would be nice to see a more polished Silent Hill origins, maybe do it with more focus on Travis story, instead of trying to do both Alessa's and Travis story together in the same game.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!