Origins should be SH 5

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Origins should be SH 5

Post by Notch2242 »

I do honestly think that there are little ways in which Konami can go about making number five to different than the others. Or little ways he can follow the first games. Origins would be brand new, and would open up better opportunities for number 6 to come out later on. What do you guys think?
Haha, you peed your pants

-I pee lots of stuff

8 more days and I'm twenty three!...it's not that great actually....
batmanhill6157
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by batmanhill6157 »

I'd much rather have Origins come out and be a new little PSP adventure and have 5 come out and blow me away with it's amazingness.

That way we get 2 Silent Hill games that come out reletavly around the same time. well, you know what I mean
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1130/lbpbatsigxl6.png[/img][/url]
PSN ID: batmanhill6157
Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

Post by Chris Sunderland »

^^ I agree with you completely.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Yeah, Im really curious as to what SH 5 will potray though. They pretty sucked the ideas dry in my opinion. Dont get me wrong, ALL OF THEM ARE GREAT. But what can be next? What ever happens will catch me by suprise I hope.

-I pee lots of stuff

Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

Notch2242 wrote:Yeah, Im really curious as to what SH 5 will potray though. They pretty sucked the ideas dry in my opinion. Dont get me wrong, ALL OF THEM ARE GREAT. But what can be next? What ever happens will catch me by suprise I hope.
Well if they left out SH4 and used Origins instead, would you come up with the idea to stick someone in an apartment and have them travel through a wall to Silent Hill? Doubtful. Therefore, just because you know what has already been created and what is soon to come doesn't mean all ideas have been used.

Origins is a sidepiece anyway. No matter how good it is, it will always be pushed aside because it will not be a console game. A game of this series' nature is just not natural on a handheld. Besides that, I think prequels are burned out anyway unless there is a true purpose for uncovering mysteries or plotholes in a storyline. So no, SHO should not be SH5. On a console or on a handheld.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Notch2242 wrote:Yeah, Im really curious as to what SH 5 will potray though. They pretty sucked the ideas dry in my opinion. Dont get me wrong, ALL OF THEM ARE GREAT. But what can be next? What ever happens will catch me by suprise I hope.
Seriously, there are soo many things that can do. Even if the theme (of the story) is not totally new, the technology will be - the next gen systems will really make this an amazing looking game.

Silent HIll: origins is a side adventure....like how the resident evil games do it.
RIP Silent Hills
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Yeah, a lot of good points here, but Im hoping that Sh5(whatever it maybe)is just something I havent seen before, you know? I loved the transition from the First to second,and then the third to the fourth(BIG TIME for that one) really made me open my mind to the possibilties to Silent Hill. I hope that there is a new story line along with mechanics to SH5, I just doubt that it will be different from the rest, not to be pessemistic but I dont see number 5 being entirely different. Which is what I am hoping for. And quite honestly, I dont think there should be a side game, well only if they REALLY make it fill in the gaps, the thing is, I think they can do that only with the first one.
Last edited by Notch2242 on 06 Feb 2007, edited 1 time in total.

-I pee lots of stuff

Varg6

Post by Varg6 »

Origins would be fine as 5, as long as it was for one of the next-gen systems, and not psp. While I am not a fanatic about having a Silent Hill on PSP at all, I'd rather have Origins (if it had to be 5) be on an actual console. I wouldn't mind seeing them re-do that, if thats what you meant?
Det Som Engang Var...
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Haha, in a nut shell, thats what I meant hahaha. I could imagine Origins being fantastic on the new consoles

-I pee lots of stuff

Deput
Just Passing Through

Post by Deput »

SIlent Hill 5 is developed by Konami , but propably ot could be only for PS3 and (eventually) XboX 360 :? Damn ... I Must upgrade my PC or Był one of these consoles ...
If her faith is so strong , she might be alive ...
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

what would be the point.. of makin sh origins sh5.. because origins takes place before any of them.. I mean.. it would certainly would be better if they just released sh5 after sh orgins
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Think Metal Gear Solid Snake Muncher or what ever, how they made it three instead of zero, or they could have used the name "MGS3 ORIGINS". SH Origins is an prologue right? They could use the title Silent Hill 5, but just go way back to the beginning. Again I really dont understand why they'll make Origins, I really dont think it will fit, or I really dont think too much on what happened before Alessa. I like wondering what the hell really went on in the beginning of the first SH. Makes it more mysterious, yet you want nothing to do with it. Honestly, if you saw a road sign pointing to either "Silent Hill" in one direction, and "History of Sodomy" in the other, what would you pick?

Besides, even if they do use it as filler, it will still be a new series of SH, as was SH3 which related to SH1. Why make a SH on a portable if its going to be a different story? Console go-ers are going to be pissed.

-I pee lots of stuff

ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

I think Konami is just testing the PSP waters with SH0 because it is not being developed by Team Silent. The game sounds like its going to end up being just filigree for SH1.

Sorry if this is was said over and over again on the board, I'm witholding judgment until I see the game myself, but I have to say I'm not hot and bothered by a horror game for a 3-4 inch screen.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

David01 wrote:what would be the point.. of makin sh origins sh5.. because origins takes place before any of them..
A lot of the Resident Evil titles weren't released in chronological order, including console releases. Cue retcon.
extreme-nero
Hope House Careworker

Post by extreme-nero »

it is a preqaul..enough said
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

theoreticly SH O is 5th part but but practicly its the 1st part according to timeline. Sameshit as Residen Evil Zero, I dont see a problem here...
D90
Hope House Careworker

Post by D90 »

I do honestly think that there are little ways in which Konami can go about making number five to different than the others.
What do you base that on?
Like someone said earlier, did you really expect what was in any of the sequels?
After SH1, did you expect the next would be about a psychologically tormented wife-murderer?
After SH2, did you expect the next would be about the child from the first, all grown up and in a hell of her own?
And after that, did you expect a guy trapped in his apartment whilst a serial killer mentioned in the second tries to awaken his 'mother' which is in fact a room?
No? No? And no?
There you go then. A prediction that a Silent Hill sequel will be 'much the same' is completely unfounded, seeing as all the others are fundamentally different in plot, tone, and execution.
Origins would be brand new, and would open up better opportunities for number 6 to come out later on
...But Origins will be brand new, and wont effect the 'better opportunities' for SH5. I dont see your point there, really. Releasing SHO as SH5 would not effect the production of the next game in any way, aside from giving it a different (and chronologically inaccurate) number.
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

After SH1, did you expect the next would be about a psychologically tormented wife-murderer?
After SH2, did you expect the next would be about the child from the first, all grown up and in a hell of her own?
And after that, did you expect a guy trapped in his apartment whilst a serial killer mentioned in the second tries to awaken his 'mother' which is in fact a room?
No? No? And no?
There you go then. A prediction that a Silent Hill sequel will be 'much the same' is completely unfounded, seeing as all the others are fundamentally different in plot, tone, and execution.

Amen to that!
Disciple of Claudia

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

It can't be SH5 when the events happened before SH1.
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Disciple of Claudia wrote:It can't be SH5 when the events happened before SH1.
Numbers don't mean much to the chronology of said games. Metal Gear Solid, for example.

Anyway, SH0[rigins] is being created as an obligatory game; as far as I remember, ever since SH3 was released. Biohazard 0 is one example, but back then, the fad in Japanese gaming was to create a game within the series with '0' as the number. I actually have an interview where the staff kind of jokes about it.