Savepoint

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

overachiever547
Gravedigger

Savepoint

Post by overachiever547 »

I am in no way endorsing the illegal download of the (supposedly) leaked Silent Hill: Origins demo. But for those who've done so anyway:

What do you guys think of the savepoint? For those who don't know what it looks like, it's a big red triangle about the size of Travis's shoulders to the tip of his head. In the middle is an eye, and near the corners (but not quite close) are three notably small circles. It seems to be a very early version of the Halo of the Sun, but without the circle or the runes, and with a triangle.

...now that I type it, it's very unlike the Halo of the Sun. :P
Hurm...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Why does everyone call a red symbol a "very early version of the Halo of the Sun"? If they look different, they're different sigils--especially when they don't look the same, nor are shaped the same.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

Sounds cool. i would love to see a picture of it. But I'm assuming it'll probably be easier to post picts. of Origin when it comes out, though.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
overachiever547
Gravedigger

I revoked my statement at the last line of my original post, and felt positively silly. :D

Yeah. It'd probably not be a good idea to post it. But it does have the general idea of the Three Circles, representing life, death, and rebirth, or the stages of life, or something like that.
Hurm...
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

But it does have the general idea of the Three Circles, representing life, death, and rebirth, or the stages of life, or something like that.
past present and future. the outer circles represent charity and resurection
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

I've seen it, looks a bit meh to me, too big and too much like SH2/3. But really it's a save point, who cares?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Tspoon6 wrote:
But it does have the general idea of the Three Circles, representing life, death, and rebirth, or the stages of life, or something like that.
past present and future. the outer circles represent charity and resurection
I'm glad someone remembers their stuff. :D
Hurm...
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

. But really it's a save point, who cares?
I really dont think climax put much thought into the save point like team silent did. but then again it could be something signifacant such as a road block because travis is a trucker. but I really have no idea
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

It really did remind me of a traffic cone, or something they'd put on an aisle at Walmart when the floor is wet.
Hurm...
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

I'd love to see a screenshot... PM?
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Here you go: Image
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

There might be more thought put into it that we've yet to uncover...

Also the size might be a forethought to making sure we can find it when playing on PSP.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

lol yup, it looks like those reflecting road side triangles used to get driver's attention
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

It could be, that perhaps the save point symbol.. is simple something the creators of the game. Put in there to fill space, until they're able to put in the final symbol for the save point. In past silent hill games, you had anything from just a square red paper.. to a notebook.. to just a symbol painted on a wall.. from the looks of the symbol.. it's merely a space filler from the looks of things.. but I dont know for sure yet.. We'll just have to wait til the game comes out to make the final conclusion.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

i hope its not the final save point.it looks kinda retarded.but its not the whole game so really,i wouldnt care while playing it.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
HammeringInMyHead

Post by HammeringInMyHead »

I don't know if anyone realized this, but in the demo, at the end when travis kills the lying figure, there appears something called "future place" or "plaque" (something by those words) and it's exactly the same as the save point with the exception that it's three-dimensional.
RedPyramidThing
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPyramidThing »

Weird... when I first saw it I was convinced it was just a "space filler" and that before the game was released it would be replaced with a more elaborate, pre-rendered design... but I guess it isn't too dissimilar from the points in SH2 (although not as elaborate as the points in SH3) I suppose that, so long as the point has a direct connection to the story (i.e. -- The Halo), I won't mind at all (even if it is explained half-ass)... I just don't want a red square randomly placed in inconvient spots... :)
Some fear death. Others pray for it.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

Umm....it's a save point. I think it looks fine.
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Eileen Scarlette
Just Passing Through

Post by Eileen Scarlette »

I havent seen it. Maybe I would like something more simple
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
like the notebook that Harry used on SH1
(considering this is a prequel).
[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/Airol/3djshehg.jpg[/img]
themudgopher
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by themudgopher »