MAJOR Origins SPOILERs!! ***

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

MAJOR Origins SPOILERs!! ***

Post by Scanman22 »

ONLY Click the button if you have seen the Bad Ending that was leaked onto YouTube.com! This is my WARNING!
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In the bad ending on YouTube, it shows Travis tied down to an old hospital type of bed and it appears another person is strapped down as well off in the darkness. The new monster called "The Butcher" is injecting shit into his victims along with Travis. My question is - Do you think that Travis is/was a murderer as a child? In the struggle to free himself you begin to hear his thoughts punishing himself throughout his mind (or so it seems from what little info is given in the FMV). A lady says, "What are you talking about? I'm not your momma. . .please. . .NOOOOOO!!!" Then you hear a scream with a splattering sound.
Next a man's voice says, "Excuse me, sir. The hotel is closed. Wait!!! Ahhhh!!!" Also followed by a splattering gushy sound.
Then finally a heavy breathing with a monster type of growl resinates while a final voice says, "What are you doing son?" Then the same voice mumbles something inaudible in terror.

For all of you who have spoiled the endings (even though there is much more with in game cut scenes) and for what you have seen are very confused, just like myself. What do you all think is going on? What is Travis' sin? Is he a murderer or just a witness? Did he kill his parents or just see them being killed?

SO - What the hell is up with Travis??????
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
Iamthebastard
Just Passing Through

Post by Iamthebastard »

Yes,
I think he did it.
Sand is overrated...It's just tiny little rocks.
Lost
Just Passing Through

Post by Lost »

I agree with Iamthebastard also
I think the butcher represents Travis, sort of like Pyramid head represented James.
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

Lost wrote:I agree with Iamthebastard also
I think the butcher represents Travis, sort of like Pyramid head represented James.
Well, yeah that is what the monster represents. But do you think Travis is responsible for the murder of his parents, based upon the wee info we have at this point?
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
Smokey
Gravedigger

Post by Smokey »

I shouldn't have read this.

But if what you guys say is correct, that really sucks to me.
If you can read this, I'll kill you.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I agree with the rest of you, I also believe from what I've read. That Travis is
a murderer.. but then again Silent Hill games have fooled us before.. and this so called "bad ending" May just be a snippet of something more... perhaps Travis isn't the killer.. maybe it's something that we're not even seeing.

That will be revealed when the full game does come out. I for one would rather wait, til the finished game is out to find out for sure what this all means here.

***Please mark your spoilers like the four posts above you. Not everyone has watched the Youtube video. Including myself. You've ruined it for me. Thanks.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
92mon
Just Passing Through

Post by 92mon »

there has to be more to the video or at least some kind of gameplay after it. there is some weird blurry thing standing with its back to the camera for a second at the end. mabey its the buthcher? i dont nkow but this video freaks me out, i kind of wished i hadent watched this before i got the game but i couldent resist....
Fighting for peace is like Fucking for virginity.
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Why are we marking our spoilers if the section warns that the spoilers are free falling?

Anyways, I gotta go watch this ending and are we sure that this is a ligit ending, not just some fan thing?
Nickq2007

Post by Nickq2007 »

They are the legit endings it seems, unless they changed them for the final game. But mind you, it's only the CGI, there's probably more to them with in-game scenes, that we'll have to wait to see.
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

spoiler pages are so naughty, I've waited ages for the game i really shouldnt look i just cant help myself. It's a strange feeling but i love it really.
Silent Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Pyramid »

I must get out of here! :o
αℓℓαн ℓα γ7яəмŋї µiŋŋîçн γα үµα
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

My appologies for forgetting to mark my spoiler.. I made an error, I tend to be absent minded about these sorts of things, and I am sorry. I did not mean to ruin the game for anyone, that was never my intention.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
geist378
Just Passing Through

Post by geist378 »

Another possibility is that Travis has a split personality brought on by the trauma he recieved at the neglect and death of his parents. This gives him a "light" and "dark" side, if you will. I believe one such possibility is that the Butcher is a manifestation of Travis' "dark" persona. Also, seeing as how this persona was repressed until Travis' arrival in Silent Hill, it is also possible that, along with other traumatic memories, memories of these violent excursions could be from a witness' standpoint. Feel free to debate, I just felt I had to portray Travis as not all bad. You can get more info from an interesting plot analysis on GameFaqs.And here's a link.

You can see the monsters too?
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I think Travis is a killer as well, as it appears strongly that the bad ending points to that. What I did miss was the butcher injecting him. All I saw was what appeared to be a robed cult member inject him and then we see him turn into one of the monsters in the mirror next to him.