The "I got it" & Impressions thread

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

The "I got it" & Impressions thread

Post by Amazonagent »

If you'd like to let other know you got the game please let us know and give us your quick impressions here. :D
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!~

I JUST GOT IT YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY
Im gonna go play it right now :D :D :D :D
oO?
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

AH-HA! SUCCESS!!!!
I am now in possession of Silent Hill: Origins! Amazon.com totally screwed me, I had it pre-ordered since Sept 13th and they sent me an email today that I wasn't getting the game until next week (even with next day shipping) As much as I may complain at times about GameStop I had to thank them today for coming through for me.

I started to watch the opening cinematic and I got so immediately drawn into it that I didn't notice my friend standing behind me. He tapped my shoulder and I jumped up! LOL!!! I'm at work so I better wait till I get home to get into it. :wink:
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

More replies from people who have it and have played it pleeeease! :D
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

I paid off my preorder today! I got to Gamestop at 10:30am and asked if it had come in. The guys said no and there was a customer that had a PSP question for me. I helped him out and exited the shop. Just before I got to the front doors of the mall one of the clerks ran up to me and told me they did have it. The other clerk had just opened a package with them in it. So I got the first copy from the store. And Ive been playing it ever since 11:30am. :)

I really like it so far. Very Silent Hill and the first sighting of the Butcher (wow)! I really wish that I had the new PSP so I could play on my tv. When I first started playing it, despite the smallish screen I could swear I was playing a PS2 game. Its really that good looking. Theres also an awesome picture in the Gillespie house. Cant see much detail but its PH with 2 spears. I hope it can be released as a download on the SH:O site.

The only thing that has gotten to me so far is the enemies. There are too many most of the time and they all hit hard or grapple too much; when that happens you need a lot of health drinks which I haven't found too many of.

I decided to take a break for now and let my PSP charge so I can go at it again in a little while.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Are there difficulty settings? Puzzle settings? Is the save point still that red triangle?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Numb Body01 wrote:Are there difficulty settings? Puzzle settings? Is the save point still that red triangle?
Not any difficulty settings of any type just yet. I havent been able to get into the extra options though. Yes, but the symbols on it are much more visible. So it looks a bit better, but I never had a problem with it anyway. In SH2 it was a bright red paper and 3 was a glowing painted symbol. How does paint or paper glow like that? IDK but noone else questioned it so why care about the SH:O save point?
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I just didn't like the look of the plain red triangle, it was too simple. I'm glad it's been done up. Shame about no diff. settings though. What else to ask....what's the invent. system like? What's the loading time/screen like? Have there been many ambigious notes/clues etc. yet? Damn you Americans...
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Numb Body01 wrote:I just didn't like the look of the plain red triangle, it was too simple. I'm glad it's been done up. Shame about no diff. settings though. What else to ask....what's the invent. system like? What's the loading time/screen like? Have there been many ambigious notes/clues etc. yet? Damn you Americans...

Inventory can be controlled through the use of UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT on the D-pad. Reload for Ranged weapons is DOWN D-pad. It can also be used in a sectioned system like 3. There is the Items, Supplies, Melee Weapons and Firearms tabs with left to right scrolling.

Load times arent bad. I noticed a hangup after entering some large rooms, BUT I think its because my PSP is modded and overclocked. I will set it to defaults and check to see if loading time is affected. Sometimes games are sensitive to the O/C. A bottleneck between disc read time and when the CPU is ready to process the info. Reading from the memcard is the fastest way but since I bought the game no sense in ripping it to the card. :roll:

I have found files in the Sanitarium that could be related to Travis' mom. She must have went crazy when Travis was a kid. Gonna play to find out here shortly. :D

:P Sorry.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I got the game, and it is perfect weather to play some Silent Hill; dark and foggy. I'm going to have pizza for dinner tonight too, so I have some nightmares when I go to sleep tonight after I am done playing. :D
nefar007
Just Passing Through

Post by nefar007 »

i just got the game and played it last night, my observation is, the game was well thought, really sticking to the "silent hill game" so its really remains true to its predecessor (although i just got through the second building) fight scenes are fantastic! the grungy effect on the screen gives it really the scary feel while battling monsters, monsters are really challenging on this game, a bit merciless lol.
as far as i know, i really can see the difference by the look of the game that Americans did this one, you can easily tell that japanese can really give off something different on the scare factor part, but climax did there best and its well done its a swell addition and prequel to the silent hill universe, but still ill wait for the other opinions,i still cant tell well coz i only got on first parts of the story yet.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

it was made in the UK, but the game sounds very good. im gona have to get it when i get the chance! :D dont think i can wait much longer!
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
nefar007
Just Passing Through

Post by nefar007 »

my badd! uk indeel rofl.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Cool! Thanks for answering all my questions The Silent Executioner. You guys should keep us informed as you play more.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

NP. :wink:

Apparently the Red Pyramid Thing was mentioned in a memo in the theater.
Since what happened to Tony, Ive dreamt about HIM more and more! THE BUTCHER!

He looks just like that monster, the executioner!

Now Ive seen him when Im awake, Hes at my motel! Its HIM I swear it!
Im guessing that PH isnt just a play on the old day executioners by Valtiel. Considering theres a pic of him in the Gillispie house and a note mentioning him, which I guess PH isnt just an easter egg after all.
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

I've just finished the first "stage" and I gotta say it's pretty awesome so far. The character moves great, pretty smooth. I really like the ability to fight with your fists, hit helps when you;re not paying attention to how much damage your weapon has left. The weapon changing using the D-pad takes a little getting used to but it's useful. The graphics look great, especially when in he vicinity of an enemy. Another thingsI had to get the hang of was the quick time events. I got the nurse one down but I had to pay attention to the one for the straight jacket (since it's different). I'm also digging the random spawning of enemies, the nurses scared the shit out of me a few times in the hospital when I would come out of a room, EEK!!!!

I'm enjoying myself so far! :mrgreen:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I hate that the controls are the same style as Silent Hill 4: The Room's and that there's no way to change 'em to how they ought to be, but otherwise: I dig it, I approve of it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

I finished it a bit ago and man I love this one. MUCH better than 4. Man my neck hurts.... :x
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

Got it, played through to the Sanatorium so far and liking the atmosphere. Travis gets winded pretty quick, I think.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Its real. If you check a cigarette machine he says he only smokes when hes happy. Smoking combined with sitting on your ass for days driving doesn't put you in shape. I like it, he isn't a marathon runner like the other protagonists.