The "I got it" & Impressions thread

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

2nd gig

Post by 2nd gig »

Oh so thats why he doesnt run very fast.
You know i thought i saw a reference to SH2's -There was a hole here now its gone- message in SHO
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

I'm stuck in the sanitarium right now but I'm having a great time with it. I think for those who complained that Travis can fight and that it's too actiony I would say that just because he can fight it doesn't make getting through the game any easier. The enemies are much more aggressive so evading them is much more intense! :mrgreen:
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

Agreed, so far I have liked the combat system, but I am in the Sanitorium as well.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

2nd gig wrote:Oh so thats why he doesnt run very fast.
You know i thought i saw a reference to SH2's -There was a hole here now its gone- message in SHO
You did.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Someone opened up a hole here. Travis go home.
I believe its how its written. Its on the "Napkin" note.
the silent O
Just Passing Through

Post by the silent O »

Yup yup, those monsters are no joke! The spewing acid ones (I forgot there name) keep catching me! T.T

But I gatta say, I love this game so far. The only problem I’m having is the puzzles…are easy… Weren’t they a bit difficult in the previous games? Maybe I’m talking to early though.
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/TheSilentO/rpg%20pics%20and%20icons/rainbowsilenthill.jpg[/img]
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

I am genuinely surprised as to how well this game turned out. I sat and played it all the way through with only 3 breaks throughout. Damn eyes and neck... :evil:

I was about half expecting a let down of major proportions. But I seriously loved this one and it deserves a spot on par with SH1&2.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Im in the sanitariam right know and It took 5-10 minutes of getting killed in the streets to really get used to the controls. I love the enviroment so far. the soundtrack is the amazing and the butcher is fucking brutal. Im really getting into this game. its been so long since a silent hill game has actually made me jump.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Restless Dreams
Just Passing Through

Love it!

Post by Restless Dreams »

I was REALLY surprised when I went into Gamestop on Wednesday and I was the first one who picked up their copy....at 4:00 in the afternoon. I was thinking "What is WRONG with you people?!"

Like so many have said, origins just sucks you in. I am so impressed with the graphics and the feel of the game. A little disappointed that I haven't found a led pipe, but happy nonetheless. ;)[/quote]
Rave_the_tainted
Just Passing Through

Post by Rave_the_tainted »

I'm loving this game so much! I got it yesterday, but between work and other things, I haven't gotten too far into it. So far, i'm only on the road to the Theatre(that nurse managed to creep me out). I don't have any health items though, they're very hard to find. :? But still an awesome game for the PSP and a great addition to the Silent Hill series.
All alone, cold fields you wander
Memories of it cloud your sight
Fills your dreams, disturbs your slumber
Lost your way -- a fallen knight
-Otherworld

[url=http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/features/silenthill/]Silent Hill Showdown[/url] at fullyramblomatic.com
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Finished the game 2 times now~

Wow..... what a great game :D
there are a few problems i have with it, but overall its really really great.
oO?
therednurse
Just Passing Through

Post by therednurse »

I got the game Wednesday, finished it Wednesday night. My overall opinion is that it's a good game that proves Silent Hill can work on a portable system. I do have one major problem with it: Travis is an interesting character, and I can certainly understand how he can used Silent Hill to face his personal demons. But I don't think he was the one to tell us Alessa's story. I thought this game was supposed to focus on her and events leading up to the first game, instead Alessa and the activities of the cult feel tacked on to Travis' story, which has nothing to do with Alessa. I just don't get the mishmash of two different stories that really deserve seperate games to explore them. I felt like the emotional core of Travis' story never gets touched on account of having to take time out to kind of half-assedly try to explain Alessa and the cult, and Alessa's story never gets the attention it deserves on account of getting its 15% scattered across the 85% of the game that belongs to Travis. And I think they didn't really honor Lisa Garland with her portrayal in this game, which is a big disappointment to me.
But story-potential/graphics/sound/creepiness...I think 7/10 is a fair score.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

sh#1fan, what were your problems with it?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I got the game Wednesday, finished it Wednesday night. My overall opinion is that it's a good game that proves Silent Hill can work on a portable system. I do have one major problem with it: Travis is an interesting character, and I can certainly understand how he can used Silent Hill to face his personal demons. But I don't think he was the one to tell us Alessa's story. I thought this game was supposed to focus on her and events leading up to the first game, instead Alessa and the activities of the cult feel tacked on to Travis' story, which has nothing to do with Alessa. I just don't get the mishmash of two different stories that really deserve seperate games to explore them. I felt like the emotional core of Travis' story never gets touched on account of having to take time out to kind of half-assedly try to explain Alessa and the cult, and Alessa's story never gets the attention it deserves on account of getting its 15% scattered across the 85% of the game that belongs to Travis. And I think they didn't really honor Lisa Garland with her portrayal in this game, which is a big disappointment to me.
I thought it was awsome that it had both concepts of silent hill 1 and 2. which im sure wasnt an easy thing to do.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
the silent O
Just Passing Through

Post by the silent O »

I’m disappointed that the game is short… And wish it would’ve elaborated some more on the cult, town, and Lisa…
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/TheSilentO/rpg%20pics%20and%20icons/rainbowsilenthill.jpg[/img]
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Numb Body01 wrote:sh#1fan, what were your problems with it?
Mostly the exploring again.
yes you do go through the town... but you dont have to find clues and keys to get to your next destination like with SH1 and SH2. it shows you your next destination and does not let you go explore other parts of the town first.
plus the fact that they cut like 25% of the original game so the fans could have better graphics. Like the cematary ( left it in, but cant be accessed... its just there behind a fence.) The meat plant (yes theres a butcher shop, but it was originally a big meat plant, wich would have explained the butcher ALOT more ) they cut out the school compleatly from the game and so on....

overall it was still a great game... just not enough room on a psp for all that it was ment to be.
oO?
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Ah that's a shame, still looks good though.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Numb Body01 wrote:Ah that's a shame, still looks good though.
True~

It was still a great game, just hate how they took so much out of it.
oO?
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

Overall, I really enjoyed this game alot. My only gripe with it is that I feel the game could have been a bit more challenging; especially the final battle.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

The graphics and sound in this game are phenomal: I've had a PSP since it's been out, and no game can hold a candle to how good the graphics and sound are. I was floored when I first walked down the foggy highway with my flashlight on... Well, you'll see what I mean. You probably won't even think that was possible on a handheld.

As for the gameplay...

It's a bit of a mixed bag. The common enemies are incredibly difficult, given the somewhat clumsy combat. Fighting with multiple enemies is nearly impossible: I resorted to running away the further I got into the game. Strangely, the boss battles were really easy in comparison; perhaps it's because I would stock all of my bullets and health in preparation. The throwing mechanic is bad; I didn't use it all because of how difficult it was to even complete the animation, given the extremely aggressive nature of the enemies. Oh, and don't even think about charging your attacks: you will get buffetted repeatedly and killed if you try to do so.

But otherwise, the game is fantastic. Even the story surprised me with its depth and psychology.
Hurm...
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Well~

If you look back at the other silent hill games all boss battles have been incredibly easy.
oO?