Does Travis really fit with the other protagionists?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

He's a.................trucker.................woo. I don't really find that exciting, so. :lol: Not that the other's were, but still. He's such a random character to be in the middle of everything. The thing that relates him to SH would be his past. Just like all the other characters. They have a reason to be there and were called to it as well. I know Travis wasn't "called" to Silent Hill, he was found and used by Alessa to go there. I don't dislike him, but he's not a fav character of mine anyways. I dunno. He's ok. :wink:

I also personally didn't like the faces of the characters during the past cutscenes. It wasn't scary at all. :? I know that has nothing to do with the topic, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I don't think any of the SH protagonists have what you'd call exciting jobs. A writer, a clerk, a typical teen-ager, a soldier, and whatever Henry Townsend was. A truck-driver fits right in.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Henry's occupation isn't specifically stated but I think it's possible he was a free-lance photographer at one point. His comments about photos seem to indicate at least an interest in it.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

Oddish wrote:I don't think any of the SH protagonists have what you'd call exciting jobs. A writer, a clerk, a typical teen-ager, a soldier, and whatever Henry Townsend was. A truck-driver fits right in.

Well, I didn't mean it like the others were better. None of them are exciting. I just was joking cuz I don't really think a story of a trucker is exciting. But, yeah, I get what you mean. Heather must've had some kind of job. Not just "a typical teenager". Hmm...I dunno. They never really said what any of them do really. I guess it doesn't matter.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I think Heather said she had some odd jobs. That's about it. She didn't seem to be the employed type.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

What about Henry? He worked as a photographer but now he's unemployed(sp)?
I guess that's the reason why his refrigerator only have a Wine and a Chocolate Milk...
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Or he ate all that was left during his days locked in the room.
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

If i was in Henry's situation, I would have started with the wine... :?

fuck the rest
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I guess we are doomed to ask this question every single time a new Silent Hill game is released.

It's been kind of a Silent Hill fan tradition since Heather Mason.
woofy

Post by woofy »

LMAO, yeah I can only imagine the release of the SH1 remake.
Does Harry really fit with the other protagonists?
Ummm.... yeah
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

I think Heather and Henry are the only ones that seem out of place. Henry slightly, and Heather majorly (she's the only female and obnoxious one).
woofy

Post by woofy »

Again, I believe this is a question that can only be answered based on individuals preferences. Therefore, there is no 'correct' one.
To me, Heather fit in very well. To other people, she seems out of place.
Meh. People have their own opinions. I choose to believe that Travis fit in quite well and although his problems seem small in comparison to other players, maybe people should take a walk in his shoes and see how easy their life is then :wink:
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I just don't really understand the concept. I mean, how do any of the protagonists 'fit' together? They all have superficial similarities but for the most part, how would you quantify the comparison?

Besides them all being SILENT HILL PROTAGONISTS, I mean.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

It really bugged me that they finally had a woman lead character and she turned out really annoying. I think the creator's might have some serious woman "issues".
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Sake wrote:I think Heather and Henry are the only ones that seem out of place. Henry slightly, and Heather majorly (she's the only female and obnoxious one).
How the hell is Heather obnoxious? She's a teenager, they're all snotty little assholes. Spot on characterization, I'd say.

Joking aside, seriously.. obnoxious? O_o I'm not sure I can agree with that.
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

^ agreed. Heather was played out quite accurately in regards to her being a teenager.
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/yayoninja/skin.gif[/img]
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
woofy

Post by woofy »

There's only one part in SH3 I can think of, where she reads the birthday card. "Happy birthday little sis, here's to you!"
That sounds corny as hell. Otherwise, i think she acted quite normally.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I say this;

Anyone can be a Silent Hill protagonist. Noone is "better" or "worse" in terms of personality or what we can expect from them.
Some members state that you must have a troubled past to be the drawn into the town, which is wrong since information implies that Henry had a quite normal childhood and life until he moved into room 302.

Therefore, Travis fits in perfect for me.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Krist. wrote:How the hell is Heather obnoxious? She's a teenager, they're all snotty little assholes. Spot on characterization, I'd say.

Joking aside, seriously.. obnoxious? O_o I'm not sure I can agree with that.
Haha! I Lol'd. You're right, actually.

I think she seemed rude and obnoxious for some reason. She seems like the kind of person who would get easily pissed off and her yelling at Vincent during their first encounter didn't make me like her very much. Hell, Vincent was more of a like-able character to me at that time.

Heather also seems overly-emotional and just overall unpleasant to be around.

... yeah, you're right. It was a spot-on characterization.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Heather also seems overly-emotional

Hormones...
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.