Death caused by...*Spoilers, duh!*...with an ending theory!

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

Would have to be a very strong gas. Its only in his face for a couple seconds. That and most if not all gases are not visible.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Who says a large scale town coverage injected through the mist couldnt do the same.
if it was powder in the air everywhere it would fall to the ground very quickly. And I dont see any reason for Kauffmen or anyone else to do this
If I were to compare the bad ending to lets say SH3, to quote Vincents "They look like monsters to you?" question, I could say that Travis, Harry, James, Heather and Henry were in all reality going around killing real people.
I was talking about ALL of the games. All of the monster are actual people in this theory.
exept vincent was talking about the missionaries so there is no basis behind youre theory.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

You do have a point with the powder thats why theories are theoretical.

But....
Heather: Hey wait, what’s going on? Where is everybody?
Those weird monsters...

Claudia: They’ve come to witness the Beginning. The rebirth
of Paradise, despoiled by mankind.

Vincent: Don’t stand there looking so smug.

Vincent: You’re the worst person in this room.

Vincent: You come here and enjoy spilling their
blood and listening to them cry out.

Vincent: You feel excited when you step on them,
snuffing out their lives.

Heather: Are you talking about the monsters?

Vincent: Monsters...?

Vincent: They look like monsters to you?

*Heather gasps.*

Vincent: Don’t worry, it’s just a joke.

Monsters are referenced more than once, also she sees other monsters than just the Missionary. And in great numbers between the the mall and the church. You mean to tell me the only monster she and Vincent are referring to are just the Missionaries? The other 80 some odd baddies she stamped out before she got there didn't count?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Vincent: You come here[refering to the church] and enjoy spilling their
blood and listening to them cry out. [he says nothing about monsters hes reffering to the cult members]

Vincent: You feel excited when you step on them,
snuffing out their lives. [again says nothing about monsters]

Heather: Are you talking about the monsters? [ the cult members look like monsters because one of them killed her father]

Vincent: Monsters...? [confused because they look like people to him]

Vincent: They look like monsters to you? [the cult members look like monsters to you?]

this was always an obvious concept to me.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I agree with The silent Executioner.. I believe it to be white claudia that caused Travis to pass out. And to see all the other worlds and things.. I mean how else do you explain the fact that he keeps passing out. Then wakes up and see's Lisa.. then passes out, then wakes up and see's Kaufman running off.. I mean it's obvious that with the drug, they're all living in different realities .. while at the same time they're all walking around togehter in the same place. They all just dont notice one another, because they're all under the influence of the drug. Thus explaining how the cult opperated in the town, without being stopped by the police, or people finding the cult rituals to be... a bit strange. I mean really think about it.. the town is perfectly normal looking at first glance.. but once you enter.. and inhale that fog.. you're in a another world.. Could it be possible that the fog inshrouding silent hill, could very well be White claudia hanging in the air. ? Just a theory and probably not true... but you never know. Also if you notice the nurses.. are trying to inject Travis with something in the hospital. Perhaps these nurses are just a figment of Travis's imagination.. and are in reality Kaufman, and Lisa trying to inject Travis with the drug.. and of course they succeeded.. causing travis to have the strange hallusinations that he has through out the game.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Again, I don't see a point in White Claudia being so ubiquitous, since we know it's not responsible for the events of the series. It's just a plot element to explain why Cybil is there, basically.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

the town is perfectly normal looking at first glance.. but once you enter.. and inhale that fog..
I already stated that there is no way that the drug could be in the fog. I dont see why you are stil elaborating on this
I mean how else do you explain the fact that he keeps passing out. Then wakes up and see's Lisa.. then passes out, then wakes up and see's Kaufman running off..
it is a nod to silent hill 1. it has nothing to do with the drug.

and another thing once they got indoors away from the drugs wouldnt the hullicinations wear off as oppsosed to get worse
Also if you notice the nurses.. are trying to inject Travis with something in the hospital. Perhaps these nurses are just a figment of Travis's imagination.. and are in reality Kaufman, and Lisa trying to inject Travis with the drug.. and of course they succeeded.. causing travis to have the strange hallusinations that he has through out the game.
white claudia is a powder. why would they shoot him up with it instead of snorting it?
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

It explains a few things, but not why everything changes. James is not depicted in any way as white claudia addicted. Heather is not either. Neither was Harry or for that matter Henry. I see absolutely no basis to back up the theory. I as of yet have not played Origins yet, but I think white claudia was the reason behind the towns original downfall, but not the reasoning behind the rest.
Life changes daily so go with it!
bring more knives
Just Passing Through

Post by bring more knives »

First, someone goes "White Claudia is rarely ever a powder, it's mostly in liquid form." then someone else goes "White Claudia is a powder." Infact reading through this thread it seems as if nobody is listening to each other, and everything seems to contradict each other. I'm just confused..

I definitely don't have any knowledge in the matter, it could be either or. Rarely have I ever seen one town ruled by just ONE drug if they had problems with drugs, however. And alot of drugs cause hallucinations. I don't see any reason he couldn't of gotten powder of some kind of drug thrown in his face. Now, I don't see how someone could, well, put drugs in a fog.. I can't even figure out how to word it. =p But I don't see why some people are so against the idea that maybe Travis was caused to exaggerate everything due to drugs. And ofcourse not everyone in Silent Hill is on drugs (although it seems that way sometimes) but Lisa and Kauffman were doing them, and from what I here, they were both around Travis, so why couldn't it happen that he somehow get mixed up in it too, whether intentionally or not?

1. i haven't played the game.
2. haven't read barely any spoilers on it.
3. i don't do drugs.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Silent-spc-Hill.png[/img][/url]
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

But I don't see why some people are so against the idea that maybe Travis was caused to exaggerate everything due to drugs.
because there is no basis behind it. and when you click on the white claudia Travis says 'I try to stay away from this kind of thing'.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Doesnt mean that something cant be forced on you without knowledge.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

alright even if that is white claudia that gets sprayed at Travis it doesnt matter because thats the only time it happens. He goes into nightmare many many times before that and there is no way that white claudia is in the fog.
Last edited by King Crimson on 15 Nov 2007, edited 1 time in total.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

He could have inherited the same psychological problems from his mom perhaps? Then he thought that he could change worlds by touching mirrors because its what his mom "could do." Judging from the childs pictures in the observation room he had been in at least the hall waiting for his father. She had attacked him so he made demonized pictures of her while in waiting.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

But he still sees tons of monsters before he comes acrost any white cluadia.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

His mom attacked him and went away, his dad killed himself where he could find him. He stood there for ten hours, staring at his dead hanging dad. Something snapped.

Schizophrenia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
WIKI

Social isolation commonly occurs and may be due to a number of factors. Impairment in social cognition is associated with schizophrenia, as are the active symptoms of paranoia from delusions and hallucinations, and the negative symptoms of apathy and avolition. Many people diagnosed with schizophrenia avoid potentially stressful social situations that may exacerbate mental distress.
With an onset of Catonia?
Wiki Schizophrenia page aswell.

A person experiencing schizophrenia may demonstrate symptoms such as disorganized thinking, auditory hallucinations, and delusions. In severe cases, the person may be largely mute, remain motionless in bizarre postures, or exhibit purposeless agitation; these are signs of catatonia.

Wiki again...

Those who go on to develop schizophrenia may experience the non-specific symptoms of social withdrawal, irritability and dysphoria in the prodromal period, and transient or self-limiting psychotic symptoms in the prodromal phase before psychosis becomes apparent.
Looking at this is interesting considering he tells his trucker friend he doesnt want a woman, hes a trucker(usually loners).
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

wow that is really interesting Silent Executioner. are you trying to say that the nightmares are just hallucinations. if he was schitzo It wouldnt mean that his nightmre are nothing more than hallucinations caused by schizophrenia. but it would seriuosly effect his view of the otherworld.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

I cant really tell if your being sarcastic atm. :þ I shall call all of this thread a working theory, anyway, its plausible. There is history of mental illness in his family. I cant remember the file that gave the diagnosis of his mother atm because I started a new game and therefor access the file.

His brain may have put all of the memories into the recesses of his mind to protect him from the trauma and help keep the disease at bay. Alessas powers could be amplifying Travis's disease which is why it came back with a vengeance, personifying itself within the town.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Actually I wasnt being sarcastic at all. Mental illnesses are fascinating to read about.
I cant remember the file that gave the diagnosis of his mother atm because I started a new game and therefor access the file.
I would think its safe to say that his mother was definantly schizophrenia considering she talks about the 'mirror people' telling her to do things when in fact it is her.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Thats how I read it but I wasnt sure. Still keeping the debate friendly. :wink:

I like this theory more than my other one. Makes more sense and sounds like Im getting at something.

EDIT::::::::

To explain how he gets around locked doors and such: Alessa's powers could help him materialize his assumed "abilities." Enabling him to "go through" the mirrors.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Judging from the childs pictures in the observation room
I believe Helen drew those, not Travis.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.