Death caused by...*Spoilers, duh!*...with an ending theory!

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Also, as a regard to Schitzophrenia and Otherworld:

Mental disease doesn't work that way. Things like "I bet I can go to another universe through this mirror lol" aren't hereditary.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

perhaps it was in a mist form.. and just looked like fog... :)
:D
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

perhaps it was in a mist form.. and just looked like fog
[sigh] White claudia is powder and it would fall to the ground.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
2nd gig

Post by 2nd gig »

What sense would it make for White Claudia to be sprayed on him at the END of the game.. that means if you got the good ending Travis is unaware that he is now hooked to the ol'WC.

But if you got the Bad ending itll explain the kneeling on the ground turning into The Butcher thing.. along with that mystery injection.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Key word, "trys" to stay away from it. But how do we know that he didn't ingest some of the white claudia.. just asking a question?
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

hes a trucker some truckers do coke or crack because they dont always get that much sleep. I wouldnt be suprised if he had done drugs in the past. but judging by his weight im pretty sure he is clean now.
But how do we know that he didn't ingest some of the white claudia..
Because we were with him the whole time. I would have called him on something like that.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

AuraTwilight wrote:Also, as a regard to Schitzophrenia and Otherworld:

Mental disease doesn't work that way. Things like "I bet I can go to another universe through this mirror lol" aren't hereditary.

No, but being a trauma survivor with a mental disorder can make you take in and believe weird stuff.

"Mom did it maybe I can too, LAWL."
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

versatile soup spoon wrote:hes a trucker some truckers do coke or crack because they dont always get that much sleep. I wouldnt be suprised if he had done drugs in the past. but judging by his weight im pretty sure he is clean now.
Where did you get information like that?
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

But how do we know that he didn't ingest some of the white claudia..
Because when he examines it, he mentions that he avoids "stuff like that." or something,I forget.
hes a trucker some truckers do coke or crack because they dont always get that much sleep. I wouldnt be suprised if he had done drugs in the past. but judging by his weight im prettysure he is clean now.
way to generalize! some politicians do coke and crack too, but that's also not relevent to the game. I don't think we have any definite evidence on whether or not he's done drugs, but I think it's unlikely just because he says he avoids them.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, but being a trauma survivor with a mental disorder can make you take in and believe weird stuff.

Well, Travis doesn't have a mental disorder, so it doesn't matter. Plus, he didn't learn about his Mom doing the mirror crap until he got older. Your theory was heavily flawed since the beginning.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Regardless, how do you know he doesn't have one? He stared at his dead father hanging from the ceiling for TEN HOURS by himself. Something had to have happened in his head. His "Dad" even told him it wasn't healthy.
Restless Dreams
Just Passing Through

Post by Restless Dreams »

AuraTwilight wrote:

Well, Travis doesn't have a mental disorder, so it doesn't matter. Plus, he didn't learn about his Mom doing the mirror crap until he got older. Your theory was heavily flawed since the beginning.
To play Devil's Advocate, anyone who suffered from the kind of trauma that Travis endured in his life could end up with a mental disorder. Do I believe he is victim to one? No. Do I care if he is? Not really.

In fact, since we're playing the mental health card, by Executioner's theory, it would be safe to assume that any main character in a Silent Hill game could be considered someone suffering from mental illness. Delusions, hallucinations, etc. But THEY AREN'T, otherwise a point would be made of it. Silent Hill is just an alternate reality where crazy shit happens and I'm just fine with accepting that. Furthermore, it's a video game. It doesn't have to make sense. We don't need to tear apart every little piece of the game.

I say we just sit back and enjoy it! :)
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Where did you get information like that?
My Grandfather was a trucker and hes told me stories of when he was on the road
some politicians do coke and crack too, but that's also not relevent to the game.
I was proving a point that he does not do drugs. and if he has, he doesnt do them anymore.
way to generalize!
what a way to generalize???
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Regardless, how do you know he doesn't have one? He stared at his dead father hanging from the ceiling for TEN HOURS by himself. Something had to have happened in his head. His "Dad" even told him it wasn't healthy.
God forbid a, what, a six year old boy goes into denial upon effectively losing his entire family. I wouldn't define that as a mental illness, it's a natural coping mechanism.
My Grandfather was a trucker and hes told me stories of when he was on the road
So just because your grandfather did drugs to stay awake, the majority do?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I never said the majority do just 'some'.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Wow... I know people are generally ignorant about mental illness, especially well-publicised and dramatised illnesses such as schizophrenia, but jesus. Unless you actually know about the disease, outside of watching TV and movies and reading Wikipedia, you really shouldn't be creating theories based on the illness.

There's no way Trevor is schizophrenic. His mother - maybe. The symptoms are fairly nebulous, and could be applied to many disorders. She could be schizoaffective, for instance.

Personally, I very much agree with Sionnan. I think that he witnessed the murders, as opposed to having committed them. Staring at your dead father for hours will leave you a bit screwed up, and as Aura said, it’s a coping mechanism - not schizophrenia.

And also? 'Some' crack addicts are heavy. I'm just saying. They're not all skinny and jittery.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

THANK YOU, Goodnight. You said that perfectly.
Restless Dreams
Just Passing Through

Post by Restless Dreams »

Great job, Goodnight.

Anyone with a computer can look up a Wiki page or WebMD - only a trained professional can make proper diagnoses.
Wise man say, "Forgiveness is divine. But never pay full price for late pizza."
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Goodnight wrote:Wow... I know people are generally ignorant about mental illness, especially well-publicised and dramatised illnesses such as schizophrenia, but jesus. Unless you actually know about the disease, outside of watching TV and movies and reading Wikipedia, you really shouldn't be creating theories based on the illness.

There's no way Trevor is schizophrenic. His mother - maybe. The symptoms are fairly nebulous, and could be applied to many disorders. She could be schizoaffective, for instance.

I see you disclaiming me but nothing to back it up. Just anyone can say "Nuh, uh."
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Burden of Proof, however, lies on YOU. You're the one who has to back up what you're saying, not her.