Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 18 Nov 2018




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Also, as a regard to Schitzophrenia and Otherworld:

Mental disease doesn't work that way. Things like "I bet I can go to another universe through this mirror lol" aren't hereditary.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 916
Last seen at: Zanesville Ohio
perhaps it was in a mist form.. and just looked like fog... :)
:D

_________________
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2007
Notes left: 959
Last seen at: a dead cloverfeild...
Quote:
perhaps it was in a mist form.. and just looked like fog

[sigh] White claudia is powder and it would fall to the ground.

_________________
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

What sense would it make for White Claudia to be sprayed on him at the END of the game.. that means if you got the good ending Travis is unaware that he is now hooked to the ol'WC.

But if you got the Bad ending itll explain the kneeling on the ground turning into The Butcher thing.. along with that mystery injection.


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 916
Last seen at: Zanesville Ohio
Key word, "trys" to stay away from it. But how do we know that he didn't ingest some of the white claudia.. just asking a question?

_________________
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2007
Notes left: 959
Last seen at: a dead cloverfeild...
hes a trucker some truckers do coke or crack because they dont always get that much sleep. I wouldnt be suprised if he had done drugs in the past. but judging by his weight im pretty sure he is clean now.
Quote:
But how do we know that he didn't ingest some of the white claudia..

Because we were with him the whole time. I would have called him on something like that.

_________________
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2006
Notes left: 215
AuraTwilight wrote:
Also, as a regard to Schitzophrenia and Otherworld:

Mental disease doesn't work that way. Things like "I bet I can go to another universe through this mirror lol" aren't hereditary.



No, but being a trauma survivor with a mental disorder can make you take in and believe weird stuff.


"Mom did it maybe I can too, LAWL."

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 490
versatile soup spoon wrote:
hes a trucker some truckers do coke or crack because they dont always get that much sleep. I wouldnt be suprised if he had done drugs in the past. but judging by his weight im pretty sure he is clean now.


Where did you get information like that?


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Jul 2005
Notes left: 1421
Last seen at: room 302
Quote:
But how do we know that he didn't ingest some of the white claudia..

Because when he examines it, he mentions that he avoids "stuff like that." or something,I forget.

Quote:
hes a trucker some truckers do coke or crack because they dont always get that much sleep. I wouldnt be suprised if he had done drugs in the past. but judging by his weight im prettysure he is clean now.

way to generalize! some politicians do coke and crack too, but that's also not relevent to the game. I don't think we have any definite evidence on whether or not he's done drugs, but I think it's unlikely just because he says he avoids them.

_________________
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
No, but being a trauma survivor with a mental disorder can make you take in and believe weird stuff.


"Mom did it maybe I can too, LAWL."


Well, Travis doesn't have a mental disorder, so it doesn't matter. Plus, he didn't learn about his Mom doing the mirror crap until he got older. Your theory was heavily flawed since the beginning.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2006
Notes left: 215
Regardless, how do you know he doesn't have one? He stared at his dead father hanging from the ceiling for TEN HOURS by himself. Something had to have happened in his head. His "Dad" even told him it wasn't healthy.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 40
Last seen at: Michigan
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
No, but being a trauma survivor with a mental disorder can make you take in and believe weird stuff.


"Mom did it maybe I can too, LAWL."


Well, Travis doesn't have a mental disorder, so it doesn't matter. Plus, he didn't learn about his Mom doing the mirror crap until he got older. Your theory was heavily flawed since the beginning.


To play Devil's Advocate, anyone who suffered from the kind of trauma that Travis endured in his life could end up with a mental disorder. Do I believe he is victim to one? No. Do I care if he is? Not really.

In fact, since we're playing the mental health card, by Executioner's theory, it would be safe to assume that any main character in a Silent Hill game could be considered someone suffering from mental illness. Delusions, hallucinations, etc. But THEY AREN'T, otherwise a point would be made of it. Silent Hill is just an alternate reality where crazy shit happens and I'm just fine with accepting that. Furthermore, it's a video game. It doesn't have to make sense. We don't need to tear apart every little piece of the game.

I say we just sit back and enjoy it! :)


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2007
Notes left: 959
Last seen at: a dead cloverfeild...
Quote:
Where did you get information like that?

My Grandfather was a trucker and hes told me stories of when he was on the road
Quote:
some politicians do coke and crack too, but that's also not relevent to the game.

I was proving a point that he does not do drugs. and if he has, he doesnt do them anymore.
Quote:
way to generalize!

what a way to generalize???

_________________
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Regardless, how do you know he doesn't have one? He stared at his dead father hanging from the ceiling for TEN HOURS by himself. Something had to have happened in his head. His "Dad" even told him it wasn't healthy.


God forbid a, what, a six year old boy goes into denial upon effectively losing his entire family. I wouldn't define that as a mental illness, it's a natural coping mechanism.

Quote:
My Grandfather was a trucker and hes told me stories of when he was on the road


So just because your grandfather did drugs to stay awake, the majority do?

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2007
Notes left: 959
Last seen at: a dead cloverfeild...
I never said the majority do just 'some'.

_________________
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Jul 2004
Notes left: 2099
Last seen at: Australia
Wow... I know people are generally ignorant about mental illness, especially well-publicised and dramatised illnesses such as schizophrenia, but jesus. Unless you actually know about the disease, outside of watching TV and movies and reading Wikipedia, you really shouldn't be creating theories based on the illness.

There's no way Trevor is schizophrenic. His mother - maybe. The symptoms are fairly nebulous, and could be applied to many disorders. She could be schizoaffective, for instance.

Personally, I very much agree with Sionnan. I think that he witnessed the murders, as opposed to having committed them. Staring at your dead father for hours will leave you a bit screwed up, and as Aura said, it’s a coping mechanism - not schizophrenia.

And also? 'Some' crack addicts are heavy. I'm just saying. They're not all skinny and jittery.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
THANK YOU, Goodnight. You said that perfectly.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 40
Last seen at: Michigan
Great job, Goodnight.

Anyone with a computer can look up a Wiki page or WebMD - only a trained professional can make proper diagnoses.

_________________
Wise man say, "Forgiveness is divine. But never pay full price for late pizza."


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Mar 2006
Notes left: 215
Goodnight wrote:
Wow... I know people are generally ignorant about mental illness, especially well-publicised and dramatised illnesses such as schizophrenia, but jesus. Unless you actually know about the disease, outside of watching TV and movies and reading Wikipedia, you really shouldn't be creating theories based on the illness.

There's no way Trevor is schizophrenic. His mother - maybe. The symptoms are fairly nebulous, and could be applied to many disorders. She could be schizoaffective, for instance.



I see you disclaiming me but nothing to back it up. Just anyone can say "Nuh, uh."

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
The Burden of Proof, however, lies on YOU. You're the one who has to back up what you're saying, not her.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: