Motel Room Peep Hole.

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I was looking at the images of the different monsters, on the silent Hill origins site. And well I looked at the Butcher today, and if you notice he has a similar build to Travis. I mean maybe I'm just imagining things.. but perhaps the Butcher represents Travis.. or something terrible he did in his past. I cannot wait to get my hands on Origins, because then I will trully be able to figure out, all the meanings behind the characters and such. But check out the official website.. and tell me that the Butcher doesnt loosely resemble Travis in body type. I mean it almost looks like Travis with a cloak on over his head. I dunno, what do you all think ?
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

The Adversary wrote:The butcher shop is in the "normal" town. So is the peephole--he's just seeing into the [mirrorworld], but Travis at the time is in the "normal" town.

Now that I think of it, isn't the battle with him in the "normal" world as well?
yes it was/is.
oO?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I agree with SH #1fan on that point.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

What point? He helped further mine.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

Eileen Scarlette wrote:I assume they were having sex, but I think they mess up, Lisa was a strong and gentle character on the series, they screw it up in my humble opinion.
*lurk lurk*

That's debatable...Lisa wasn't exactly "real" in SH1...I believe she was already dead when Harry first met her...in SH1, she could've just been what Alessa remembered about Lisa...

*lurk lurk*
bring more knives
Just Passing Through

Post by bring more knives »

Kenny28 wrote:
Eileen Scarlette wrote:I assume they were having sex, but I think they mess up, Lisa was a strong and gentle character on the series, they screw it up in my humble opinion.
*lurk lurk*

That's debatable...Lisa wasn't exactly "real" in SH1...I believe she was already dead when Harry first met her...in SH1, she could've just been what Alessa remembered about Lisa...

*lurk lurk*
I'm pretty sure this dudes right. And someone drug dependant half as much as she was.. I just think it's believeable. And hey, I haven't even played the game [origins] yet. Maybe that means I should shut my mouth, I dunno.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Silent-spc-Hill.png[/img][/url]
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

Hmm...looks like I might become a semi-regular...

Just to back up my opinion/theory a bit (that's all it is, not trying to be smug here or anything), in SH1, we have that journal entry from Lisa where she was totally "tripping balls" which could've been from Alessa or from the drugs or both, and she was pretty damn freaked out from it. Then there's that video tape of her, where she's just had enough of the whole ordeal of caring for Alessa...

There was even that part in SH 0 in the theater where they kinda hinted that she was already tired of life in Silent Hill, and just wanted out. Probably knowing the truth about Alessa and the local cult on top of all that had to be a horrible ordeal for the poor girl.

And in the end, she failed to escape.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I agree.. of course I haven't played the game yet.. but I do plan to play it tomorrow night.. so I'll find out soon enough :D
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

ye the peep-hole thing only made me completely positive that Origins is a mix of all four SH games ideas in one. Gotta say from this point I finaly felt some excitment as well. Still for now I have a feeling that SHO is more like SH2-2
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

I thought it would have been well cool if you look through one of the holes and someone looked back, like in Psycho 2. Mabey the Butcher, and he could of tried to chop at you through the wall. Really cool bit though. Nice to see the peepholes return from SH4, very Hitchcock.

Honestly I never hear anyone ever mention Hitchcock's, given how much his stuff is referenced in the series. Personally I'd love to see it go more in that direction, than a modern Holywood style.
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

sh#1fan wrote:Anyway like i said befor i think the only reson she did it was for the drugs. I dont think she liked kaufmann at all, she just wanted/needed the drugs
That makes Lisa look like if she was a... whore :(...
MMY wrote:Besides, Travis doesn't physically go anywhere, just like Helen: he goes into a catatonic state staring into a mirror until he "returns."
Well then, how do you explain the items that he gets from the otherworld? when he comes back to the real world, do they just magically appear in his pockets? :roll:... also,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
let's not forget that to get into unreachable areas of most places in the real world, you have to go into the otherworld and use the mirrors to your advantage, you can't just disappear from one room and reappear in another.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>how do you explain the items that he gets from the otherworld?
Gameplay mechanic.

>you can't just disappear from one room and reappear in another.
James seemed to manage to just fine in Lakeview Hotel during the Scooby-Doo session.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

>you can't just disappear from one room and reappear in another.
James seemed to manage to just fine in Lakeview Hotel during the Scooby-Doo session.
Lol! I remember that part :lol:, that was one of the biggest WTF moments that I had with Silent Hill 2.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

The Scooby Doo session? If you mean the Dog ending, I am totally calling it that from now on.
I don't know which side to take now about the mirrors. I probably took some stance at some point, but I forget. Maybe it is kind of like an out of body thing, like part of him goes into the mirror world and brings back the items and unlocks the doors, and other such amazing mirror trickery. Like, his physical body stays in the real world, but his soul goes through the mirror.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

PeachySakura24 wrote:The Scooby Doo session? If you mean the Dog ending, I am totally calling it that from now on.
I don't know which side to take now about the mirrors. I probably took some stance at some point, but I forget. Maybe it is kind of like an out of body thing, like part of him goes into the mirror world and brings back the items and unlocks the doors, and other such amazing mirror trickery. Like, his physical body stays in the real world, but his soul goes through the mirror.
i think MMY is talking about James' wacky mis-adventures in the hotel after you watch the tape. y'know... where the hotel starts looking more and more dilapidated/burnt out and you have to traverse through a bunch of doorways that are maze-like and lead you around in physically impossible circles.

also... how do we know that Travis enters a catatonic state when he "goes into" the mirrorworld? it's a nice theory but all it does is create an unnecessary problem with the gameplay mechanics.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Scooby Doo never did that. :)
I think the catatonic state could be grabbed from the fact that his mother went into a catatonic state when she went into the mirror world. Maybe the whole body cannot pass into the mirror. Maybe someone at Climax didn't think we would think about it so much. Who knows?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Scooby Doo never did that.
Wanna bet?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

When did Scooby ever teleport to another location like James did? When did Scooby and the gang watch something in a normal area and end up somewhere else? Unless it is in one of the newer series, and then that doesn't count because the newer episodes are dumb. :D
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You evidently weren't watching the right episodes—or paying enough attention.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

you know the chase sequences in the old scooby-doo? where they are being chased through a hallway by a monster and they keep running in and out of random doors while they play goofy music? that's what he's talking about. if you watched the old scooby-doo episodes, you've gotta remember that. they did it in pretty much every episode lol

and yeah, new scooby doo blows, i agree.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."