Is the voice acting decent in Silent Hill Origins?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I really liked the voices! :mrgreen:
Except Lisa's. I don't even remember hearing Alessa say anything, so I can't say anything about her either.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

she actually says something right before the flauros fight but what's funny to mention alessa was voiced by none other then Lisa! :lol:
(the same voice actors)
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Ohmigosh! Awesome. I didn't notice that at all.
Maybe it was so horrible I just completely ignored the fact. Lol. :D
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Except Lisa's. I don't even remember hearing Alessa say anything, so I can't say anything about her either.

"Let me burn"

The very beginning.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

I thought the voice acting was decent--nothing in particular to complain about.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

It was decent, and very realistic also. Something that I cannot say about the other games in the series, they all were kinda stiff in conparison. However, Silent Hill 2 and 3 had some very good voice acting. And actually sh 4 the room had some decent voice acting, even thought people put down Henry for his monotone acting, it actually fit his character to a certain extent.

But I agree, Travis was one of the best voiced characters in the series thus far.. and it's looking like Alex may also have a decent voice actor as well.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Yeah I always think SH2 & SH4 have awful voice acting, but actually if you ignore the main characters, all the supporting cast were great.
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

Lostkitsune wrote:To me Travis just seems to keep his cool is all, he isn't without emotion in his voice he just keeps calm...
Except when
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
he loses his cool towards near the end, after been reminded that his dad hanged himself and got the second last piece to put the Flauros together.
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

I totally disliked the inconsistency of Lisa's voice vs. SH1. Yeah, it's technically better acted, but it's inconsistent to her character that I remember. Anyone else feel this way?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well Origins take place many years earlier than Sh1. And over time her voice probably aged adn changed a bit. Also in sh1 Lisa is a memory from Alessa's mind, she's not actually the living Lisa anymore.

So what we're seeing in a ghost, and with Lisa's being a memory of her former self. And being that Alessa saw her as being so kind and such.. it stands to reason that the Lisa we see in sh one is much sweeter and nicer and less raw than the actual Lisa. I believe that the Lisa we see in Origins is the real raw version of Lisa. The young foolish version of Lisa, the Lisa that was abused by Kauffman, and was heavily addicted to drugs.

After Lisa is dead though, then she's not longer on the drug, she's in the other world. Hints why you only see her in the otherworld.

So to me, this could be why she sounds different, and looks different. Just a theory
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

David01 wrote:Well Origins take place many years earlier than Sh1. And over time her voice probably aged adn changed a bit. Also in sh1 Lisa is a memory from Alessa's mind, she's not actually the living Lisa anymore.

So what we're seeing in a ghost, and with Lisa's being a memory of her former self. And being that Alessa saw her as being so kind and such.. it stands to reason that the Lisa we see in sh one is much sweeter and nicer and less raw than the actual Lisa. I believe that the Lisa we see in Origins is the real raw version of Lisa. The young foolish version of Lisa, the Lisa that was abused by Kauffman, and was heavily addicted to drugs.

After Lisa is dead though, then she's not longer on the drug, she's in the other world. Hints why you only see her in the otherworld.

So to me, this could be why she sounds different, and looks different. Just a theory
But then again, how come we see in the real world Lisa arguing with Michael Kaufman in the opening sequence of SH1? :?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Because in the opening sequence of sh1, Lisa is still alive. It's only a short time later that she is killed. At least that is the theory of the storyline of sh1.. it could be something different. But one things for certain at some point she is killed. And from the storyline itself it's obviously Kauffman's doing.
KuStArD
Just Passing Through

Post by KuStArD »

Ergh, Lisa's voice actor was shocking. Since when was Lisa Australian?

And the way she said 'Kauffman' made me want to strangle something :\
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

i thought everything was pretty good.... i really liked Travis' voice, and whoever did Dahlia did a pretty convincing job.

... ato be honest, though, kauffman didn't really look or sound anything like in SH1. to me, at least. it was like a different guy.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
WisHouse
Just Passing Through

Post by WisHouse »

Better than SH4,no doubt
Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh!!?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

by far better than Sh 4 The room's voice acting. However to Sh4's credit, some of the voice acting in that game was decent. But in Origins, it was waaay more realistic than it was in Sh4.

As for Lisa, I thought she was pretty convincing actually, and I liked the over all voice acting of the game. As for Kaufman.. yeah he did seem alot different in this game, seemed like a whole new actor playing the part.. of which it probably was.

I thought they nailed Dahlia, afterall everyone much younger this time around. Considering that it takes place many years prior to Sh1.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

While I agree that Kauffman is quite different from SH1, I just try telling myself, that living in the town of silent hill, will make you age rapidly (voices get more raspier as well from aging). Kind of stupid probably but that's what will keep me from going insane with how different he sounds and looks in each game.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Jedahaw

Post by Jedahaw »

just in case anyone hasn't noticed,
Young Travis is actually voice acted by the boy who can "talk" to machines in "Heroes"