Is silent Hill Origins actually scarey?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Is silent Hill Origins actually scarey?

Post by David01 »

I've played all the Silent hill games.. and Im thinking of getting Origins. But one thing that I alway's loved about the Silent Hill series is the scare factor. So what I was wondering about, is silent Hill Origins as frightening as the other Silent Hill games, or is it more frightening? :shock: :shock:
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

Yes it is really scary if you get into it! Headphones and a dark room helps.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

So what I was wondering about, is silent Hill Origins as frightening as the other Silent Hill games, or is it more frightening?
for me ive played all the silent hill games so many times that they dont scare me anymore. Origins had some new scares and was kind of like a blast from the past. I cant really compare it to the other games because its been so long since they made me jump. but if you want a new silent hill game to scare you origins is really worth the money.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well I'm glad to hear that it's actually scary.. I know Silent Hill 4 the Room was suspenseful.. however it really didn't scare me. the only silent Hill game that actually gave me that "unsettling feeling" Was Sh2.. simply because it was all in James head. and from what I've heard all this shit is going on in Travis's head also.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

The only SH game to make me jump.. Was in Silent Hill 2 with the loud noise in the restroom.. that freaked me out. I hope that Origins has the same kind of sudden noises n shit.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

well in my opinion it was scarier than SH4. SH4 facsinated me more than anything. I might even go as far to say it was scarier than SH2. But then again I never thought SH2 was about the scare factors and more about the 'unsettling feeling'.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Yeah SH 2 was unsettling.. but it was soo beautifully presented.. I certainly hope that the movie sequences and CGI are as good in Origins.. as it was in SH2.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

The CGI is amazing in this game. One particular CGI right before the end of the game is hauntingly memorable:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Alessa, drifting down some stone steps, hair afloat, as the Misty World peels away from around her.
SHO definitely lives up to the CGI standards of its forefathers.
Hurm...
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well that certainly is a plus, and I'm soo excited about seeing this game first hand. I was looking at some of the monsters from the game, definately creepy looking.. I certainly hope that this game doesnt disappoint me though. And does anyone know exactly how much this game costs.. I hope that it's no more than 40.00 bucks.. because I'm a lil tight on cash at the moment.
:oops:
Silent Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Pyramid »

Bottom line...

Get headphones for your psp. Go to your room. Close the door and lock it if you wanna be more scared. Switch off the lights. Put the headphones in your ears. Play Silent hill and max out the volume. If you didn't jump from at least 5+ things. I'll give you all my SH Cash!
I dare you!! :twisted:
αℓℓαн ℓα γ7яəмŋї µiŋŋîçн γα үµα
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Oh I will do that definately, I have some good headphones that go right into the ears.. so I'll be getting the full effect out of it for sure. :D
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Headphones~

I agree with the other people. Go through the game with headphones and in makes it ALOT better. I jumped a couple times... lol >.>
oO?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Yeah i heard that there are sudden instances, where Travis hears audio flashbacks. What are these audio flashback?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I hope that it's no more than 40.00 bucks.. because I'm a lil tight on cash at the moment.
I got it for 32 dollars at gamecrazy.
where Travis hears audio flashbacks. What are these audio flashback?
Each audio flashback pertains to the location that you are at.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I see, cool.. are there many visuals flashbacks in the game though?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

2 or 3 for each stage of the game.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

thank you, I will be looking forward to this. :D
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

hmm, guess I must be gettin older cuz I played at dark and with the headphones, the usual and wasn't scared even for a single sec...but that's not most important thing about this game. Maybe I shuld blame the small screen or something or maybe I played too much Fatal Frame lately I don't know but it wasn't scary at all
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

Krysta wrote:hmm, guess I must be gettin older cuz I played at dark and with the headphones, the usual and wasn't scared even for a single sec...but that's not most important thing about this game. Maybe I shuld blame the small screen or something or maybe I played too much Fatal Frame lately I don't know but it wasn't scary at all
Fatal Frame 2 is sooooo scary.....i find the sister's soft voice saying :

"There's.......something HERE.........can you feel the presence??"

And then those ghosts just jump at you!!!! I hate the broken neck women, she's soo creepy.
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

I was plenty freaked, but it was more out of dread than by any actual "oh shi-" moments. Anytime I was outside, I was always plenty freaked by all the huge baddies everywhere....I was similarly freaked whenever I was in the basement in the sanitarium.