The path of the Hermmit concealed by Flauros.

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Prehaps the ruins is really the island in the middle of tocluca lake.
I doubt it because "Silent Hill Chronicles" specifically uses the word "ruins" when alluding to where the chapel was built; coupled with the use of "ruins" in the "Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition," it seems the connection was intended to be made as such.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

About the Flauros in Origins, just before the final battle we can hear the following flashback voiceover:
Alessa: Momma? Momma? What is it?

Dhalia: Don't touch!

Alessa: Ow. It's hot!

Dhalia: Leave it be. It is a cage for a demon. Contained, his power will
focus yours. Release him, and we will all burn in the fires of
Hell.
So we're quite sure Dahlia was in possession of the object either at her house or at the Antique.

But, about the powers she explains... and the use of the Flauros in Origins - how does this rely on the use Harry does of it in SH1? Didn't he use the Flauros to actually stop Alessa, on Dahlia's advice?
In Origins the Flauros seems to be much more of use to Alessa than to Dahlia, while in SH1 it was the contrary. I may remember badly, though.
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

well, maybe at the end of origins, when the demon is released form the flauros and Travis defeats it, it leaves the flauros an empty vessel.

Then when Dahlia instructs Harry to use it seven years later, the empty flauros traps alessas powers in it?

maybe ... just speculating :)

edited for really bad spelling mistakes!
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

I was under the impression that the Flauros is neutral in the whole affair; merely a tool to be used at the bearer's discretion. The story behind the Flauros is that if you trap the demon inside a magic triangle, it will answer any question the triangle bearer holds truthfully (as opposed to lies and deceit). Perhaps in Silent Hill it greats the bearer his or her desire (like splitting a soul, or weakening someone enough to capture them).
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

> it leaves the flauros an empty vessel.

You can see the demon being caged again after the battle.

> I was under the impression that the Flauros is neutral in the whole affair

That's a possibility. But than why did the Cult split it? It seems much more related to Alessa herself.

Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

But than why did the Cult split it? It seems much more related to Alessa herself.
To keep Alessa (or anybody for that matter) from using it?
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

> You can see the demon being caged again after the battle.

Oh ... whoops ... guess that dingies my theory! hahaha. Maybe once it's been recaged, it's powerless, and needs a new force to re-energize it, thus when it's used , it saps whatever fuel alessa is running off of?

I now feel I'm grasping at straws! hahaha.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

> To keep Alessa (or anybody for that matter) from using it?

It would have been smarter to keep it with you, if it really gives power to anyone (like Harry) and not just to Alessa. Or to conceal it.

> Maybe once it's been recaged, it's powerless

Please someone stop him :D

PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I was wondering the exact same thing. In Origins, Alessa seems to want Travis to find all of the pieces so the spell could be broken and she could be free. In Silent Hill, Harry is guided to use the Flauros near Alessa to stop her. It makes no good sense to me at all.
As for why Daulia didn't keep it with her, I guess she figured it would be easier to take from her, and she did conceal the Flauros in the [otherworld] inside the monsters. She probably didn't bank on anyone being strong enough to beat the monsters. So afterwards, she kept it with her until the right time came, since Alessa kept herself hidden in her own dark world where Dahlia couldn't reach her, and she needed someone who could get close enough to Alessa to use it. It still doesn't make sense to me why the same object is used for 2 totally different purposes in the games.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

think of another triangular-shaped artifact that has multiple properties. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because devices can have multiple uses? Who'da thunk?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Yeah, but those are 2 totally contrary uses. In Origins, she seeks the Flauros, and in the first game, she avoids it at all costs, and it has 2 different effects on her.
I'm drawing a blank on the other triangular object, which may well be due to the cloudiness of the Ny-Quil and other cold remedies I have to take, lol.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

i'll give you a clue: it starts w/ V and ends in irun VII crest. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

*headdesk* Yeah, my mind wandered way off the track with that one. I'm sitting here thinking "The save point in Origins? The Triforce from Zelda?" Yup, because I am quite the smart one sitting here.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Lots of devices have two completely contrary uses, an example being drugs that can save and end lives, or household kitchen items that can both spice up your dinner or make a bomb.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Oooh, I have an idea! Maybe since the Flauros helped to split her soul in half in Origins and created Cheryl, maybe using it near her again helped snap the 2 halves back together and temporarily weakened her enough that Dahlia was able to get her under control?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't see how snapping Alessa fully back together would weaken her. It would seem to do the opposite. Plus, Alessa and Cheryl technically remerged their souls back at the very beginning of the game.

I think the Flauros, quite simply, has multiple powers. It's a DEMON, of course it should be able to do more than one thing.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I agree with Aura, it would have multible powers and unlimited powers at that.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
jason_the_one
Just Passing Through

Post by jason_the_one »

okay so does anyone have any thoughts on what the hell "the path of the hermit concealed by flauros" means? the path of a loner OR religious figure, somehow concealed by an innanimate object? that sits well with you guys? makes no sense to me.
they look like monsters to you?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

hermit = alessa

her path through the otherside.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.