How many of you gave in?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I am actually guilty of buying it so i could see the sh experience! i am glad i bought the system tho. i love origins.
Life changes daily so go with it!
The Red Devil
Just Passing Through

Post by The Red Devil »

Honestly, I just had my birtday recently, and I decided to go out and buy SH:O and a PSP...because I could....

And man I'm not dissapointed by it o ne bit. Nor do I regret spending the money.

......Plus the game scares me....I'm always afraid I'm going to get my ass kicked the next time I fight a monster because I used up all my health drinks trying to punch a shadow wearing harnes...
EDH
Erectile Dis-function Highlander
"THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!"
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Well, I have always been against buying a system for 1 game. In my view, there is a 5 game minimum, and I have only broken this promise once for the Wii, and I kinda regret it now...

So I guess I will need to wait for some good PSP games to come out, if ever. And since they released the new model I will want that... ugh...
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

The wii is awesome, maybe you should buy different games or download the old school ones classics are always fun :!:
RedPyramidThing
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPyramidThing »

I bought my PSP a long while back. Now that I own and have beaten Origins, I must say that it was amazing, but I wouldn't have dropped $200 dollars just to play it. It was worth the cash to be able to play Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter, Killzone, WipeOut Pure and Medal of Honor and SOCOM FTB online, along with Origins.

Is Origins worth the cash alone? No -- it is only about 5 hours long for a Silent Hill fan... and the acolades are nice, but most fans will only beat it twice (once for each ending).
Pick up a PSP only if you like some of the other high-caliber games out for the system (of which there are mostly military-themed stealth/ shooters and RPGs)

As a SH fan, you probably won't be dissapointed with Origins, but I have a hard time promoting a $200 dollar system for a game that only lasts 5 hours (and is possible to beat in less than 3).
If you can find 4 or 5 other games that catch your eye, I'd say go for it.
Some fear death. Others pray for it.
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I want to. Origins, mainly, but also the Star Ocean remakes Square-Enix is making, the FFT remake, the Metal Gear games, the rerelease of Symphony of the Knight...

It's annoying how many games I want is out for the PSP.
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

i dont know, i think the game was worth every penny. i would also like to say that many of us play games more than that to analyze what we may have missed
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Well... I've beaten Silent Hill 3 over 30 times, so I think I will play Origins quite a bit.

I did find a couple more games that caught my eye (more than on Wii...) so I decided to go ahead adn buy the system. Luckily I got a great deal on Ebay that came with alot of extras for the price that most places are charging for the system alone :)
Tank Girl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tank Girl »

I caved.

Well, sorta...

I got the white Star Wars PSP for Christmas, along with SH:O.

Played a bit last night, and I've totally changed my whole opinion on it regarding the idea that it wouldn't be scary on a little screen. I actually jumped a few times and I didn't even get that far in the game, hah.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/pezkore][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/pezkore.png[/img][/url]

PSN: pezkore
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

I am happy to report that my willpower has sustained me. I'm clinging to the rumors of a PS2 port. If not, eh, oh well... on to V.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

yeeah I definatelly just got the PSP for Christmas only so I can play SHO! ITS AMAZING! haha I also got the game "Jackass"! Funny shyte
pyramid8mydog
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramid8mydog »

I got a PSP for christmas and Origins is the only reason I got it but I also got Syphon Filter and Tomb Raider anniversary and they are really good games.
I think you should play origins but you could also just read the storyline synopsis, Travis's story is quite sad and twisted but you wont get any insight into the storyline. I guess it confirms a few things about lisa but nothing special. I use the PSP on long road trips or train rides. I also found origins to be quite scary at times because of the headphones and because you immerse yourself in the smaller screen.
Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

I gave in. I just bought a PSP entirely just for SH Origins. However, I did find an unexpected benefit: Final Fantasy Tactics.

w00t!
[img]http://www.dcdeadcell.com/images/signatures/shh.png[/img]
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

I was hooked up either way :D I was originally just gonna use my little brother's PSP (just for Origins of course) but my chick bought me the new Slim PSP and SH:O for xmas = Hooked the fuck up 8)
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

If anyone here likes Kingdom Hearts, there's a Kingdom Hearts game coming to the PSP shortly, so your PSP won't be totally for SH0.

I didn't even know SH0 existed until I saw it on the shelves at EBgames, so...Lucky me. =3
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Already had a PSP, but I would've bought it anyway.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I bought mine just for SH games and I feel that it was worth every penny. I have used it to watch movies on long car rides as well.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I thought abouy buy the PSP when I heard about SH0 but I felt guilty for spend that money in just a videogame... I always was checking SH0 on internet but I never really looked foir info about the PSP...

When I finally started to get info anout thisa I got hooked, I hadn't idea that I could run a lot of emulators and PSX games on it, same that read PDF files (I have a couple of books in my computer but since I work with this all the day I'm lazy to still in my chair reading) and more...

I already played origins and now I'm playing Sims and metal gear Portable, anyway I must say that I mostly use the PSP for play emulators and PSX games... I also am using it for read the Naruto manga and listen music...

For me is great can play videogames in my bed under the sheets, I hardly have touched my PS2 since I got the PSP, (I started Fatal Frame but I got lazy cause the game hasn't subtitles and I can't the spoken english language; I haven0t found a gamescript anyway so czuse this I'm wasting my free time with the PSP)...

I'm thinking about get the PSP camera just for have a lot of functions in one device... I know that the digital cameras are a lot better but I just love my PSP... I'm addicted to it...
themissionary
Just Passing Through

Post by themissionary »

I'm not gonna lie... I already had a PSP, but waited for the PS2 version to come out... I like playing Silent Hill on a bigger screen, in the dark, with some good sound.
It Burns
Just Passing Through

Post by It Burns »

I have to admit it. I went out and bought a PSP the week before Origins came out and it's the only game I've played on the system. Well that and I went ahead and got The Silent Hill Experience.