How many of you gave in?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

How many of you gave in?

Post by Moosefrenzy »

How many of you have already given in since the release and bought the system just for SHO?

To be honest, I haven't been reviewing SHO really at all since it came out but I have seen the PSP game cover in the stores. I read the back cover and that's about it. I'm steering clear of the spoiler section because I may decide to get the system eventually to keep up with the series. I have to be honest, it seems like a pretty good game. The question to be asked is if its worth experiencing the game or just reading a plot synopsis online.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I am guilty. all I can say is it was totally worth it. : )
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

i have a psp, but it's an old model. i really would prefer to play it on the tv, but i don't want to dish out the money for a newer one, so... i dunno. i probably won't be playing it unless a friend is nice and lets me borrow their stuff.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

for a SH fan it's worth it, this game doesn't dissapoint
Kenny28
Just Passing Through

Post by Kenny28 »

I'm glad I picked it up long ago. Origins is awesome enough, but Dracula X, all the Metal Gears, and the occasional Capcom game already proved enough that Origins wouldn't be the ONLY thing I'd be bothering with...
cadaverKev
Just Passing Through

Post by cadaverKev »

crucifix wrote:i have a psp, but it's an old model. i really would prefer to play it on the tv, but i don't want to dish out the money for a newer one, so... i dunno. i probably won't be playing it unless a friend is nice and lets me borrow their stuff.
I caved and have an old model also! I bought it a little less than a year ago, just for this release. Got a sweet deal on it at at Buy.com for applying for their card ($120.00).
As for purchasing the newer slim model that has the TV out... don't think so. People that have purchased this model say the image you see on the TV screen isn't that big at all. Sounds like it's only about 30 or 40 percent of the screen, if that, from what I've read. There is no point for me to purchase another one just to play Silent Hill: Origins. Maybe if someone produces some good serious horror survival titles for the PSP , I might reconsider.
The Sad Truth Is The Truth Is Sad
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yeah, I bought a PSP for it--but also for the film-watching capability during upcoming trips, and a few other PSP games.

Mostly for Silent Hill: Origins, though.

Worth it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
therednurse
Just Passing Through

Post by therednurse »

I bought my PSP a couple of days before Origins' release. It was definitely worth it.
It will be getting a lot of use beyond SH though.
ZombieLADY
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieLADY »

I'm not a protable kind of player.
I want to play SH0, but I just don't have to money to spend.

I know, after I play SH0, I'll never touch the PSP ever again.
It's stupid, but I like playing on my TV ^^
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/RazzyRabit/SHavatars.gif[/img]
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

count me in too. I bought a few other games, sure, but I never would have bought a PSP if it weren't for origins. In fact, the other games were just to while away the time when I was waiting for the release date. I now love my PSP though and I wish there were more good games for it.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

As stated before, I am buying it BECAUSE of Origins.
Anyone get the SH Experience UMD?

I am planning on getting Twisted Metal as well....
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

My PSP was given to me. :oops: I didn't even ask for it. Given Last Christmas (not really as a Christmas Gift though). Was considering selling it when I first saw how shitty 0rigins was turning out to be... Then I found out its wifi capabilities and kept it (this was before I had my laptop).

With SH:0 and FFT:WotL, I'm glad I kept it :)
2 memory sticks, 1 GB and 4 GB. 1 GB is for my musics and movies and 4GB for those games I got without a legitimate copy. :oops:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/bluewind/Sigs/jigoku2-1.gif[/img]
Houtakiboy
Just Passing Through

Post by Houtakiboy »

Well I caved in and bought a Slim n Lite last week, solely for origins, but bought two other games and Brokeback Mountain on umd. I was hoping to get the movie on UMD but couldnt find it in any shops, so I bought the DVD instead. Origins is great. I got it today and played it more than I played Assassns Creed, and that's sayin a lot. The picture is great on the PSP screen and although I have the TV-out cables, I decided to go it on the psp with the lights out and earphones plugged in. Origins is definitely worth buying a PSP for, and although I dont find it scary, thats because I have played so much Silent Hill over the years, Im completely desensitized to it. But Akira's music is fabulous as always and the gameplay is so deliciously close to SH2 that I was drooling for most of the 2 hours I have played it thus far.
This isnt a review by any means, just favourable comments. I will love Origins forver. Well done to CLIMAX for staying so true to the formula and atmos.
He who is not bold enough to be stared at from across the abyss,
is not bold enough to stare into it himself.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Yup I gave in aswell. Bought a PSP Slim & Lite yesterday and got Origins today and I gotta say, I'm so glad I did
LastGunslinger
Location: The most extreme and utter region of the human mind.

Post by LastGunslinger »

I got my first PSP back in January for several reasons; I love Ghost in the Shell and was really itching to play the PSP game, I knew I was going to want Silent Hill Origins, and I was eventually planning on getting MGS Portable Ops (which I still haven't got).

After I purchased it, I really enjoyed it as a portable music player; I didn't want to get an iPod, and had no need for gigs and gigs of space on a portable device.

Then I found out you could hack PSPs to play homebrew, emulators, and (best of all) specially ripped PSX games. I had already upgraded my firmware to a non-hackable version, however, so I traded it in and bought a used one with the proper firmware. Since I changed to custom firmware I have ripped almost my entire Playstation library to play on it, and it's made the games brand new to me (including Silent Hill 1). I also currently have my entire ROM collection of NES, SNES, and Genesis games on my memory card.

So, I bought my PSP for far fewer reasons than I ended up having to keep it. I haven't even purchased Silent Hill Origins yet, for lack of money, because there are so many things I can do with it for free.
“The sinister, the terrible never deceive: the state in which they leave us is always one of enlightenment. And only this condition of vicious insight allows us a full grasp of the world, all things considered, just as a frigid melancholy grants us full possession of ourselves. We may hide from horror only in the heart of horror."
--Thomas Ligotti
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

I've been collecting money for PSP & Origins since 2006 I guess :mrgreen:

And now with all of you so enthused I'm sure those money aren't going to be wasted. I'm gonna buy PSP and game soon, since I will be able to play SH0 just on Christmas period I haven't purchased them yet.

Obviously I'll use the console also with other games and possibly homebrew, but the absolute reason is Silent Hill Origins.
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
tetris
Just Passing Through

Post by tetris »

I bought my PSP and origins together the day the game came out, I also splashed out on some sony in ear ear phones, I have no regrets :lol:
theres a little pyramid head in all of us
Moosefrenzy

Post by Moosefrenzy »

Alright I gave in... in a sense that I threw it on my Christmas list.
At least the newer PSP version is available for sale now.
BulletProofMonkey
Just Passing Through

Post by BulletProofMonkey »

I'm afriad i'll have to join the ranks of the SH Obsessed.

Ordered SH:O from Amazon uk a few days ago (I don't have a PSP), should have arrived at home this morning (am at work so can't check). I'd arranged to borrow my friends PSP from him so I didn't need to waste £130 of my hard earned cash on a PSP...

I gave in last night and decided it would be easier to play the game on my own PSP. Ah well. Won't be the first time. I bought a PS2 when they first came out for Resident Evil Veronica and SH2 and I enjoyed the two of them imensely.

In fact I bought an Xbox360 a few months ago for Dead Rising (and Gears of War) and one of the plus points for getting it was that SH:V will be available on it next year.

Can't wait to get home and play on it!!!
Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

The Adversary wrote:Yeah, I bought a PSP for it--but also for the film-watching capability during upcoming trips, and a few other PSP games.

Mostly for Silent Hill: Origins, though.

Worth it.
Same here... bought it yesterday, but my game didn't arrive from England yet.
Last edited by Scarlet on 30 Nov 2007, edited 1 time in total.