anyone else dissapointed by the butcher fight?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

Supposedly he has a stabbing move which looks really cool if it kills you. I'm guessing since everyone's talking about how they never even took a hit from him that no one has seen it...

But if someone has I would like to hear if it's worth getting killed to see it :D

I must say I was a little disappointed in the battle too... I remember fighting the two PH in SH2 on hard and running out of ammo and health items... THAT was a great battle...
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

We've never actually seen anyone with actual combat expertise take on Pyramid Head. Perhaps Travis would have dispatched him just as easily.
outlaw
Just Passing Through

Post by outlaw »

the butcher fight would have been cool at the start of the game IMO but when u actually fought him in orginis travis was just way to overpowered

and hell if u were going for the good ending you could have threw toasters, tv and jars at him the amount of crap you collect

but i think they should brinh him back it would be a change to just ripping off pyramind head (spoilers not the feckin bogeyman! u know who u are)
heaven or hell ? lets rock!
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

Aamon wrote:Supposedly he has a stabbing move which looks really cool if it kills you. I'm guessing since everyone's talking about how they never even took a hit from him that no one has seen it...

But if someone has I would like to hear if it's worth getting killed to see it :D

I must say I was a little disappointed in the battle too... I remember fighting the two PH in SH2 on hard and running out of ammo and health items... THAT was a great battle...
well i guess i am the only one who was killed by him then. So you were wondering if he has a cool killing move? My answer would be yes, before i figured out that all i had to do was run around the table, he killed me a couple times. Once when i was trying to run(but he got me) and the other time i came right after him, and he let my guts have it. Very awesome...but i wouldnt risk dying to see it.
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

TANK wrote:well i guess i am the only one who was killed by him then.
Well, just because no one else answered that question yet doesn't mean no one else got killed. I know from reading this thread that a few people did, including me. I just let him get too close right at first, so I died once. I can't remember exactly how his killing move looked- just that he grabbed and stabbed me. I knew the second he started to grab me that I was toast.

I didn't answer Aamon's question before because I don't think the stabbing move is special enough to worry about. I left it to be answered by someone who cares. But you're obviously curious, Aamon, so you could just save in the motel's entrance area by the reception office which isn't very far away, and then when you go to the kitchen and the battle starts, let the Butcher get close enough to grab and kill you. Then you can restart from your nearby save, and you'll have seen the kill- no big deal.
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

I'll do that next time I play Origins, though I'll be going for the accolade where you can't look at your map too much, and the one where you have to run mindlessly around for a long time, so I'm not looking forward to it
:cry:
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I thought it would be hard, but it wasn't as tough as I thought. I got it with only 5 peeks at the map, and you're allowed up to 25.
ForteChef
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ForteChef »

Haha, oops. I looked at my map I think 100 and something times,lol. But at least I was able to get myself the night vision goggles,lol. Sam fisher for the win :lol:
4 pointing baby monsters, 3 numb bodies, 2 pyramid heads and a split worm? Where's my trusty blade? This one's going to be easy.
WickedQu33n
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by WickedQu33n »

i get that one last so i know the game by then..lol
[b]you can die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian[/b]
:shock:
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

QUOTE: Sam fisher for the win

That conjured up some interesting imagery...

Sam Fisher sneaks up on a nurse demon, grabs her, holds a knife at her throat.

FISHER: "Hi, Nursie. Tell me where to find the key to the doctor's office, or what I do to you will be much worse than that butcher would."