The Bad Ending...confused

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

That's ther walkthrough I used when I got stuck.
psychopath
Just Passing Through

Post by psychopath »

AuraTwilight wrote:Which thing in the mirror? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.
u know while travis is squirming there is something also wiggling on a table that seems to mimic his movements, i think its the alternate world version of travis but im not sure
saito
Just Passing Through

Post by saito »

u know while travis is squirming there is something also wiggling on a table that seems to mimic his movements, i think its the alternate world version of travis but im not sure
Yeah, I'm pretty sure its a mirror, though the reflection definitely isn't Travis' normal form.
"Its not what you're doing that I have a problem with, just the idiotic way that you're doing it." Vincent Valentine FFVII
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

I know that there are three pictures of Pyramid head in this game.

One is in the Gilespie residents and two are in room 503 (one on the floor and one on the wall, over the bed).

The Hotel in which the story takes place in real world is in 1960s (judging by the fact that room 500 is strapped with police tapes and there are memos about Richard's hanging body "for 10 hours"). Travis might have seen those paintings (or sketches) somehow.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

not unlike lakeview hotel from three years prior. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

AuraTwilight wrote:
The photo's you find in the hotel pretty much confirm this.
Not really.
I think the Butcher's appearence is basicly a distorted version of the Pyramid Head he seen in the painting in Dhalia's house, there's just too many similarities for it not to be.
Two words: Collective Unconsciousness.
I never got why people assumed the photos were Travis' victims either. It doesn't say where they come from or any thing and two of them aren't even homicide. There's 'Snakebite' and 'Overdose'. When I played through I just assumed that they had something to do with the rooms or other people that had died in the hotel before. I didn't connect them to Travis at all.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
psychopath
Just Passing Through

Post by psychopath »

any way back to wat i was saying i think they are trying to make travis fuse with his otherworld self to become well.....the butcher :roll:
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Level1IDcapture.jpg[/img]
If you mess with me then you'll see
The power of my force feeling no remoirce
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Do you have anything to back that up? Or did you just randomly think it?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
psychopath
Just Passing Through

Post by psychopath »

AuraTwilight wrote:Do you have anything to back that up? Or did you just randomly think it?
nope just a mirror reflection and a hunch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Going back to something I posted earlier, if Travis isn't a serial killer, then what's the point of the Butcher being in the game at all?, in Silent Hill 2 the only reason PH appeared was to make James face up to what he did to his wife, and to come to terms with it, so why not the same with Origins. The Butcher IS a manefestation of Travis's dark side, and that dark side is bound to have come from somewhere.
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

My theory is that he was being tortured and those flashbacks he had were him killing real people, not creatures and those were his repressed memories, just like James.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Please note that I have a tendency for coming up with crazy theories and even crazier evidence for those theories.

Here's some things to think about:

1: There were drawing of The Butcher that were left in the town far before Travis came back for the second time. Why would a manifistation of his 'dark side,' his 'abused-kid personality', exist years before he got there? ((Those pictures were in the Theater, "Ever since what happened to Tony, I've seen HIM more and more! THE BUTCHER! He's in my apartment, I know it!" And the room in the hotel, with all the pictures of monsters on the walls, and the little note about the Cult. Look closely on the walls.))
2: The Cult may use monsters to keep people away from their schemes and the like. This is supported by the fact we find a note in Alchemilla Hospital that says "I've found all the parts of the ____. Hide them. Keep them safe." The _____ is, of course, the Cage thing, I forget its exact name. All the pieces were guarded by monsters, two of which Travis interpreted as memories of his parents, before they showed their 'true' form. Perhaps the more powerful monsters can manifest themselves as the person's memories to catch them off-guard?
3: The Caliban monster, accoring to the Silent Hill Origins official site, was created due to someone's twisted memory of The Tempest play. This shows that other people's memories can help form monsters.

I'm not sure where to go from here, so I guess I'll just shut up and take some criticism.
psychopath
Just Passing Through

Post by psychopath »

Video Gamer wrote:Please note that I have a tendency for coming up with crazy theories and even crazier evidence for those theories.

3: The Caliban monster, accoring to the Silent Hill Origins official site, was created due to someone's twisted memory of The Tempest play. This shows that other people's memories can help form monsters.

I'm not sure where to go from here, so I guess I'll just shut up and take some criticism.
that is completly true because when you get on stage travis has flash backs to when he was a kid.There are also in game documents from a worker that stated there was a poor child and they had sympathy for him and let the kid watch the show. Also about the caliban monster the note also stated the "child"(travis) was afraid of the actor in the caliban costume. :wink: :D :P
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I thought it was Alessa who was afraid of the costume? Anyway, it could have been Travis who snuck into the theater, cool I never thought of it that way.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
psychopath
Just Passing Through

Post by psychopath »

Thnx and if you realy think about it he could be expierincing his dead parents because they aboandonded him. Think about it 1he is constantly having flashbacks 2take notice of the locattion of the flash backs 3why else would he visit/look for his mom at the sanitarium AS A KID other than because that was his instinct to be with his parents regardless if they want him or not. As always this is just a theory but i stick by them 100% :D :roll:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Going back to something I posted earlier, if Travis isn't a serial killer, then what's the point of the Butcher being in the game at all?, in Silent Hill 2 the only reason PH appeared was to make James face up to what he did to his wife, and to come to terms with it, so why not the same with Origins. The Butcher IS a manefestation of Travis's dark side, and that dark side is bound to have come from somewhere.
1) Travis isn't James, so you can't argue that one did something just because the other did.
2) The Butcher could be a manifestation of brooding homicidal thoughts or tendencies Travis has been brewing, but not acted upon. Or possibly he feels he's a murderer because he holds himself responsible for the destruction of his entire family.
2: The Cult may use monsters to keep people away from their schemes and the like. This is supported by the fact we find a note in Alchemilla Hospital that says "I've found all the parts of the ____. Hide them. Keep them safe." The _____ is, of course, the Cage thing, I forget its exact name. All the pieces were guarded by monsters, two of which Travis interpreted as memories of his parents, before they showed their 'true' form. Perhaps the more powerful monsters can manifest themselves as the person's memories to catch them off-guard?
The cult doesn't use monsters or is involved with them in any way.

And the "Child" that the guy felt pity for was explicitly stated to be a girl.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
psychopath
Just Passing Through

Ok so i messed up 1 detail people make mistakes

Post by psychopath »

AuraTwilight wrote:
:roll:

ok i messed up that one detail sue me, anyway i think it is possible for travis to be the butcher for many reasons.1The butcher rapes the monsters sort of and there was a post that he ways a killer aka rapist2the two back monster shows his need for sex in a way3 pyramid also kills maria/mary just like travis is a supposed killer4 there were
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
2 pyramid heads at the end of the game
showing that the personification of "the pyramid head(s)" could be the cults form of punishment.

These are just theories but i am always thinking of ways to develop these into factual proof
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

AuraTwilight wrote:
1) Travis isn't James, so you can't argue that one did something just because the other did.
2) The Butcher could be a manifestation of brooding homicidal thoughts or tendencies Travis has been brewing, but not acted upon. Or possibly he feels he's a murderer because he holds himself responsible for the destruction of his entire family.
The cult doesn't use monsters or is involved with them in any way.

Than why were monsters guarding every piece?
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

The Butcher doesn't rape the monsters. He slices and dices and that's about it.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

1The butcher rapes the monsters sort of and there was a post that he ways a killer aka rapist2the two back monster shows his need for sex in a way3 pyramid also kills maria/mary just like travis is a supposed killer4 there were
Killers aren't always rapists, and even if they were, it's not proof of ANYTHING.
"the pyramid head(s)" could be the cults form of punishment.
The Pyramid Heads of Silent Hill 2 have nothing to do with the cult except for looking like executioners from the town's past, which might've been secular executioners that worked for the local government, for all we know. The two Pyramid Heads represent Mary and Maria, this has been discussed to death.
Than why were monsters guarding every piece?
Travis said it himself; Alessa is digging up aspects of his own subconsciousness and having him overcome them. Only then would he be worthy of the piece.