Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 27 Sep 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 629
Last seen at: Traversing the Portals of Reality
MEGADETH wrote:
i thought they turned travis into pyramid head? so it might be origins of pyramid head?

That couldn't be more false. Pyramid Head was a delusion created by James' guilt and repressed feelings. The origins of PH's form come from the executioners in the Toluca Prison. But there's still more to him than that.

SH2 creature summary, includes PH...
http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookp ... eature.jpg
Also...
http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg110-111.jpg

Still more about PH...
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=435

I was under the impression that the Bad ending was implying that Travis was The Butcher, or rather, he was in essence, becoming The Butcher. But even I don't believe The Butcher that we see actually exists, he's most likely a manifestation as well.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11387
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
He could be psychologically becoming the Butcher, since it's supposed to represent Travis's homicidal side.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 490
Aura, that's actually a really good idea. Origins would be a lot like 2 like they had suggested in that Travis's psyche would be changed according to the way you played out the game.

He always had the potential to snap and be psychotic, but he also has the potential to be a really good guy.

Which sounds... simplistic and obvious once said. Heh.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

AuraTwilight wrote:
He could be psychologically becoming the Butcher, since it's supposed to represent Travis's homicidal side.

Thank you for reiterating what I just said lol.

Sionnan wrote:
Origins would be a lot like 2 like they had suggested in that Travis's psyche would be changed according to the way you played out the game.

He always had the potential to snap and be psychotic, but he also has the potential to be a really good guy.

Which is exactly the way life is if you think about it. Remember, they say at the beginning of SH:0 that its a look into the darkness in our daily lives (that's the gist anyway.) By that logic, there's a dark side to everyone. Travis' dark side is The Butcher then.

Post subject:

I remember reading a theory where the Pyramid Heads committed suicide for different reasons depending on the ending, most of them resulting in "He's accepted the truth, he doesn't need us anymore" or "fuck it, he wants his fantasy more than his sanity."

The fight with Butcher can be similar. Your defeat of the Butcher either means you overcame your inner darkness, or that Travis has resulted to fight fire with fire and embraced his inner killer.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

If you apply that logic to the endings, the good ending would then suggest he dealt with his past and his dark side. Also, that he is moving on and starting over. The bad might suggest that he's learned nothing from his journey through SH and will become the very thing he was fighting.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 694
I got a question of my own:

Would that make Travis a soon-to-be
[spoiler] Pyramid head [/spoiler]
?

I mean, the ones is SH2. Could he be one of those guys?

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Covered that one about 5-6 posts ago... Most definitely no.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2007
Notes left: 847
Last seen at: alchemilia
[spoiler]well, if you look carefully you can see his head sort of convert into the butcher for a split second so after seeing the ending for the fiftieth time i believe that he is supposed to be the butcher for that ending.[/spoiler]

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

I noticed something at the very end of the video.

pic

Who's watching him, there on the right side?

I apologize for the picture quality, the video on YouTube isn't that great, especially at full screen.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19439
Last seen at: #lfk
Even after playing with in in Photoshop to lighten it I can't make it out. Doesn't much look like the Butcher--more like the robes of the cultists during the ceremony.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2007
Notes left: 847
Last seen at: alchemilia
it really looks like it to me, i guess ill have to watch it one more time.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Mockingbird wrote:
Even after playing with in in Photoshop to lighten it I can't make it out. Doesn't much look like the Butcher--more like the robes of the cultists during the ceremony.

That's what I was thinking too. Perhaps the same person that gave him that injection, whatever it was. This brings up a few new questions... Why was this person watching him? What were they hoping to see? And is Travis now being held captive?

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 May 2007
Notes left: 959
Last seen at: a dead cloverfeild...
It looked like one of the actual exucutioners to me. Its impossible to say for sure. I wouldnt be suprised if the order was torturing/executing Travis for all of the trouble he caused.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jul 2004
Notes left: 87
Last seen at: Sweden
I just thought I should sum up my own thoughts about this, all together with what many of you allready have discussed:

There are several details suggesting that Travis [spoiler]did some horrible acts he didn't remember and/or know about before.[/spoiler] The facts are:

As for the first: Remember how we even got that ending: By killing atleast 200 monsters.

Second:
Remember when Heather met Vincent in the Library in SH3? Vincent pointed out: [spoiler]"They look like MONSTERS to you?!?".[/spoiler]

Third: If you read the explanation to the accolade "The Butcher", which you get along with the bad ending, it tells that [spoiler]"Travis comes to a disturbing realization", which clearly encourages us to think outside the simple idea of Travis just being held prisoner by the cult.[/spoiler]

Fourth: Back again to those voices in the bad ending, [spoiler]stating he is killing someone. [/spoiler]Are these voices old memories coming back to him, are they hallucinations or are they just repeated from the reality of what he just did in Silent Hill during this last visit?

Fifth: The accolade for accomplishing the bad ending [spoiler]is called "The Butcher" and in the same ending we see Travis switch between being just Travis and between being the butcher in a couple of fast frames. This is being shown not when he's being tied up on the bed, but somewhere else, sitting.[/spoiler] Once again: Memories, hallucinations or something else?

About the thing with Silent Hill bringing people who have issues to deal with, I like this guys thought:

Quote:
If you apply that logic to the endings, the good ending would then suggest he dealt with his past and his dark side. Also, that he is moving on and starting over. The bad might suggest that he's learned nothing from his journey through SH and will become the very thing he was fighting.

Which, I assume, would be the butcher. And I agree on that part. If so, I also keep in mind that just about everything in Silent Hill is to be interpreted metaphorically. Travis becoming the butcher doesn't nessecarily meen he's physically being transformed into an allready existing being, but rather that he is being transformed into something dark from his subconcious, just like most other people in Silent Hill allready have been.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jan 2008
Notes left: 5
[spoiler]I kinda thought it was about him being abused by his mother as a child. In one of the files it talks about abuse and how it could either branch out into the abused becoming ok or becoming an abuser themselves. Killing 200 monsters shows that you are being very agressive thus becoming an abuser, the butcher. If you don't you get the whole happy ending thing.[/spoiler]

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 916
Last seen at: Zanesville Ohio
I noticed also that travis was in the hotel room with blood on his hands. I mean that's fairly obvious that he killed someone in the hotel.

Post subject:

Or he's been killing monsters. You know.

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2566
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed someone watching him in the end. The bad ending is trippy and confusing.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 916
Last seen at: Zanesville Ohio
I thought it was a rather good ending actually. I mean yeah it's confusing, but that just encourages us to talk and analyze it more. I have a theory that I'm gonna throw out there. You noticed that the person watching Travis looked like a cultist, well what if the bad ending. Is just another take, on how the game actually ends, with the cultist gathered around Alessa, and if you notice while that's going on Travis is passed out on the floor. So ti could very well be, that Travis was in a dream state through the entire time the demon was inpregnating Alessa. I mean you really dont see what Travis is dreaming after the Flarous inprisons the Demon. Who's to say that perhaps Travis was dreaming about being strapped to that bed, and dreaming of all the other crap that was happening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next