Should I consider this game fan-fiction?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Empty_Eyes

Post by Empty_Eyes »

I'm about five and half hours into my first play through... (right after you um handle some important kitchen business at the motel) And the game has grown on me.

Some of the exposition has been a little sloppy, with certain area's... eluding me to some of their significance to the overall plot of Travis or Alessa.

As far game play goes... to many "pick up items..." I would have liked to see these items be less available, but last a little longer.... No more red crates please... and jagged wood. *rolls eyes* Lets make a realistic combat system where weapons break.... but you have in essence a "bag of Holding" (god that felt really awful to type). But all in all this game is solid, and if you fell in love with the series because of the first game (like I did) you will find that you will enjoy it despite some of its obvious flaws. I would say that Climax did a pretty damn good job for this being their first Silent Hill game. I'm sure they see now where things could be tweaked and what the fans had problems with. I'm sure if given the chance they will come up with some solid changes to the system..... The story being one of the area's that needs a little boost.

As far as the Truck Driver thing goes my dad is now a truck driver... granted he doesn't drive cross country... but it is his profession... oh did I mention he retired from the air force after 20 years of service and becoming a Senior Master Sergent, who oversaw the repairs on C5 aircraft.

I'm merely using him as an example that not all truckers are what you would immediately have pop into your head... though I do think the game sort of implies that at times... *sighs* oh well....

Good Silent Hill game, pick it up.... w
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Those kind of posts go with the "first impressions" thread, in the spoiler section, not this one. Please be more careful where you make your posts in the future.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Nicole
Just Passing Through

Post by Nicole »

No way! This game felt like a legit Silent Hill game. SOme of the locations were interesting too.
...in bed.