Great News 4 People With PS2's

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Atleast the creatures are. Don't fuck with them, just run past everything you see
man those monsters are relentless! I remember I just kept running around on the streets with the same straightjacket that saw me 5 blocks back and just kept truckin along. I finally got pissed off and killed him just for the sake of my sanity and then comes another one just around the corner.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

I got mine about 4 days ago and was very excited as I never would have played it on the psp (I get motion sickness from playing handheld games). Anyway, I was extremely surprised and enjoyed it very much. Solid title. Solid addition. Kind of a mix of one and two (a great thing), and fun. I didn't find it very hard like most people seem to be. I killed every monster (except for those on the streets), and had plenty of weapons (melee) and ammo when it ended.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Justicar333
Just Passing Through

Post by Justicar333 »

Just got mine today, made it though the hospital, once on the streets decided need a short break. I'm overall tickeld pink with it, bets SH experience since part 3. Particulary since me and Travis share name and several personality traits. :lol: Feels just a little clausterphobic, probably due to desighn for the tiny screen. Was doing fine, till first "boss" fight. Afterwards, put me in a due state of panic running around the city streets from the straightjackets.

Controls are a tad slow, sound is amazingly creepy. Give it a 9.5 outa 10.
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Hah ha! In UK stores on the 1st of May!
Last edited by Breaka on 18 Apr 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

I just got mine a couple days ago. i played it last night and am pretty happy with it. i just have to get a new memory card cos my old one, for whatever reason, doesn't work.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

I just bought mine today. I didn't even know it was out (I haven't been checking the origins forums lately) so my mouth hung open for a second and I knew I had to buy it immediately.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for several days since I have two papers to write by Monday and another one for Tuesday plus various other projects for other classes throughout the week. Unless you're an overachiever, don't take six college courses during a semester like me.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for several days since I have two papers to write by Monday and another one for Tuesday plus various other projects for other classes throughout the week.
damn, school. they always ruin the fun out of everything. don't they know too much paper writing and studiing causes stress?
If everybody just took the time to play silent hill, we would all be better off :)
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

So how is the PS2 port? I've been thinking about eventually picking it up, but I've heard some horror stories about it being buggy as heck.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

The Walkin Dude wrote: but I've heard some horror stories about it being buggy as heck.
Yeah, those are true stories.
I didn't play the PSP version, though- hadn't had a chance to get a PSP when I heard it was coming to PS2. I would have still gotten the PS2 version anyway because that's my platform of choice. If you're happy playing it on the lil' PSP, I don't see much reward in buying the PS2 version, since nothing special was added. Unless of course you want to own it for the sake of owning it.

The glitches didn't detract much from the game for me, honestly, though I didn't experience each and every glitch I've read about.
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

phantomess wrote:The glitches didn't detract much from the game for me, honestly, though I didn't experience each and every glitch I've read about.
Do you have any examples of glitches? I too have been thinking of buying this (when it gets released in europe) but haven't heard anything about glitches until now so I got a little worried, not much though.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

^I experienced a couple or a few... nothing too bad. The weapons images in the inventory frequently were mixed up. When picking up an item sometimes it was like the X button was hit for me and it immediately went away/got stowed before I could see what it was or read the document (which just meant I had to look for whatever was added to my notes, items, or supplies).
I've heard about people having some different sound glitches.
There are at least a couple threads, here and here, that address glitches. Read through the threads to find more glitches brought up than what the thread-starter addressed.
(Sometimes people bring up glitches in other random threads too... so a little exploring/browsing of the Origins section would be beneficial if you're seriously on the lookout.)
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

^ It doesn't seem to be anything majorly game altering so I think I will buy it anyways. And the glitch that seems to be the worse, the sound-gitch, seems to be on PSP only (I hope).
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

sorry to gets your hopes up but every single thing that was on the psp was ported to the ps2, including every, single, glitch. They changed NOTHING. But as these glictches don't hinder your gameplay however annoying, go and get the game and enjoy it. :)
words to live by
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

I've heard about the weapon icon mixing up, but not the sound glitch. I've also heard stories of health items and ground stomping not working.

I dunno... I seem to find myself at a crossroads. Lately I've just been feeling incredibly bored with Silent Hill, as a concept. Just feels like it's overexposed and needs to end while it's still good. Plus I think I've spent enough money on games in the past few months...

On the other hand, I'm incredibly curious about Origins, since I had never expected to have the chance to play it.
themudgopher
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by themudgopher »

good thing i didn't zoom out and get one of those damned psps. i'll pick it up sooner or later.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/themudgopher/sig.jpg[/img]
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I'm glad I got my PSP, even if it was only for Origins. Because now I have The SIlent Hill Experience, which as far as I know was never made for anything but the PSP, and while I was shopping the other day, I found Parappa the Rapper for the PSP and almost died of joy right then and there. So now I have Parappa to go!!!!! I love that game!
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

Another week and i buy origins.
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

I haven't been keeping up with things Silent Hill, so when I saw the PS2 version of Origins sitting in Gamestop a couple weeks back, I was most pleasantly surprised. It's $30, though; I'm waiting for it to drop to $20 before I buy it.
Empty_Eyes

Post by Empty_Eyes »

the ten extra bucks won't kill you you... it's worth $30. I mean I'm not ttelling you what to do but come on... support the series. The more money that Konami can make from our love of SH the more investment will be made...

I know I Know... give a huge company more money but come on kiddies!
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

i borrowed a PSP to play origins when it first came out.

now i own it on ps2.

the only glitch i've experienced at all is picking up a document and having it filed before i had a chance to read it's contents.

it only happened once and didn't interfere with the game much.

my verdict is the two versions are pretty much exactly the same, save for improved character models in the PS2 version.
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."