Crying in the Cleopatra room?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Hill Locksmith
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Hill Locksmith »

i made sure i had really good headphones when i played again. its funny, its a sound where you can absolutely confuse with laughing AND crying, theyre funny that way. but it sounds more laughing...wait....crying....laughing..........

maybe youre hearing one behind the other?
Silent Hill Locksmith
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Hill Locksmith »

well, if it makes anyone feel anybetter, shes always been that kind of tragic character. shes being controlled by drugs, or, specifically, the SILENT HILL drug. Same as in silent hill one, but then, everything is falling apart, so she becomes one of the MANY controlled by the drug. think of it as a magic, mind control drug, that kaufmann enjoys using but doesnt quite understand where its going to end up...maybe.

oops. havent been here in a while. and im usually only on here 2 in the morning.......yawn
Last edited by Silent Hill Locksmith on 11 Mar 2008, edited 1 time in total.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

locksmith, do not double post, that is a nono. jst edit your first post if you need to add anything. double posting is posting back to back, in case you did not know. :P
Life changes daily so go with it!
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

You're avatar's too big too ;-)
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

A big avatar and double posting. One more offense and you have to scrub everyone's floors with a toothbrush. :mrgreen:
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

PeachySakura24 wrote:A big avatar and double posting. One more offense and you have to scrub everyone's floors with a toothbrush. :mrgreen:
I wish he would start with mine! Sounds nice to have someone else mop the floors for a change..... :lol:
Life changes daily so go with it!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

One back-seat mod is enough; there doesn't need to be three.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mutius
Just Passing Through

Post by Mutius »

I laughed so hard when Origins confirmed what we suspected all along, Lisa Garland is a crack whore. Worse than that, she's a White Claudia whore. She whores herself out for drugs. Now that's the kind of twisted character I expect to see in Silent Hill; a person with a vice, and I couldn't be happier that her made-up image has been shattered. If Konami keeps this up, all our questions will be answered! :)

Speaking of questions: Is there evidence suggesting Lisa is taking care of Alessa DURING Travis' journey through SH (after he saves her from the fire /obvious)?

I can imagine that by the time SH1 has rolled around, Lisa no longer screws Kauffman for White Claudia, and somewhere along the way he began to force her into taking care of Alessa by way of blackmail, but I don't want to posit that much and get ahead of myself.. (still, I wonder if in all the evil surrounding Alessa that she didn't choose Lisa as her nurse because Lisa was attempting to repent-- I mean, maybe the guilt and weird behaviour we see from Lisa in Origins suggests that she is on the road to recovery and helping Alessa is part of her convalescence. Alessa, seeing that Lisa is fighting evil, takes her alongside but can not protect her... she is murdered before she can repent and that is why she is in Hell to drag Kauffman down)...

Well, anyway, I'm happy I wasn't the only one relieved when her 'chaste' image got shattered.
I reckon Lisa is evil one way or another and Origins helps me solidify that argument. The blood streaming down her face is the first mental image I get when I think about SH1 and it's not right, I almost feel as bad as when Maria got chopped outside the elevator... She's evil too... I tend to think everything in Silent Hill is evil and little Laura is breaking that pattern... :x
[url=http://www.ff-fan.com][img]http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/cloud.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest]Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?[/url]
PrinceOfDarkness
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PrinceOfDarkness »

I listened to this part of the game for about 10 minutes straight...now i'm 100% sure that it was laughing. It had to be Lisa and Kaufmann because nobody else was down there. also, if you look through the peephole in the maintanance hallway. you'll hear the laughing and giggling even clearer.
http://www.animephilosopher.com/darktreyfox/images/signature023.gif
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I really wouldn't go so far as to call Lisa "evil"...

Lost_In_The_Fog wrote:This part of the game reminded me of the alternate room in the apartment in SH4,
where you could hear a woman who sounded like she was shivering or something?
It reminded me too of the hospital room with the Eileen bobblehead, just because both rooms had sounds repeating that were suggestive, but not explicitly sexual... in the SH4 room, the main sighing, or whatever you'd like to call it, that you hear constantly in a woman's voice could or could not be interpreted as sexual... but when you turn the volume up, there's some extremely sexual sounding moaning/yelling going on in the background.
In the SH:O room, Lisa's calm/happy laughing can be heard, seemingly with a hint of pleasure. In the background, yet again, more overtly sexual audio can be heard, especially with the volume up: a man's (Kaufmann's) heavy breathing and enthusiastic grunting.

I thought it was kind of cool that it was done so similarly.
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

I really don't think that Lisa is addicted in Origins... She's certainly taking drugs, but taking drugs and being dependant upon them are two different things. I believe the drug dependency came later, when she started to become a liability to Kauffman and he needed to keep her in check.

For what it's worth, I definitely heard giggling the first time around, in the maintenance hallway; I was wondering what the hell was up with that until I saw Lisa's top and knew. In the Cleopatra, room, however, I did hear crying initially, although after a while it did seem to revert more to the giggling.

The jury's still out for me on why Lisa reacts so angrily when Travis comes in. She's fully dressed, so unless she and Kaufman heard Travis drop down and had enough time to get completely redressed, she already had her clothes on when he came in, meaning he didn't interrupt anything. She doesn't quite react like she's just been whoring out for drugs, either, though; she seems more indignant and pissy than ashamed and self-loathing. Gotta wonder if, for all that giggling, Kauffman can lead the horse to water but has some trouble making it drink...
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

MisterGrey wrote:The jury's still out for me on why Lisa reacts so angrily when Travis comes in. She's fully dressed, so unless she and Kaufman heard Travis drop down and had enough time to get completely redressed, she already had her clothes on when he came in, meaning he didn't interrupt anything. She doesn't quite react like she's just been whoring out for drugs, either, though; she seems more indignant and pissy than ashamed and self-loathing. Gotta wonder if, for all that giggling, Kauffman can lead the horse to water but has some trouble making it drink...
She was clearly upset at Travis for dropping in. Just because she's fully dressed doesn't mean anything. They didn't necessarily have to be naked for some fooling around to be going on.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I don't think it was crying. It was supposed to be Lisa laughing in the room below, just as she was when you looked into that room through the peep hole. Laughing for what reason... you can draw your own conclusion.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

She could have been laughing, because she was high on the drug. Some people giggle and laugh alot when they're high. :wink:
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Was it the same sound you hear when looking through the peephole?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
dman
Just Passing Through

Post by dman »

If anyone else can hear the crying - you're not the only one!! I already posted on a separate thread and people thought I was mad lol!

I can hear sobbing - even after the Kauffman/Garland encounter I can still hear it. If you listen with headphones (or really loud speakers) you can hear low grunting too, so I can understand why this topic is so hot. The grunting to me sounds like a monster though - not a human male going "sexy time".

My main problem is trying to clearly identify whether it is sobbing or laughing...some people have weird laughs (or weird sobs lol). :D

Has anyone else got any theories on who the sobbing could be? We've already established that it could be Lisa - so what else could it be?
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

alessas angel wrote:i dont know, id cry if i was screwing kaufmann :!:
blasphemer!

I´d sure as hell be having fun! I´d probably even snort the white shit off his abs!
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

It's not possible...
Somebody else besides me would totally bone Kaufmann. XD
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Midori-chan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Midori-chan »

spunkytexan wrote:I did not hear crying, I heard laughing. I thought it was Kaufmann and Lisa's laughs coming up through the hole
Me too. I though it was Lisa moaning and laughing for some reason (Kauffman?)
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

Well I don't know if it helps much but origins was the first silent hill game I bought and I actually ended up emailing the esrb to ask them what was so m-rated about the game. (I had siblings who would want to play it)

They told me one of the reasons it was rated M was because of the fact that you could hear laughing and stuff in that part of the hotel that indicated they were um...you know..lol

But ya I don't know how reliable they are..I mean they didn't run into the hot coffee thing. when they rated that gta game so...idk
-=Let's Positive thinking=-