PH in Dhalia House

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

After looking at the picture a couple of times, the helmet in the painting in Dahlia's house is extremely parallel to the one in the movie, since the helmet is modern version rather than the traditional table-looking one. I'll go and look for the book about Walter's victims. That book had a clear picture of what the pyramid looked like.

PS: I think the large pyramid was somehow influenced by the hood the KKK used to wear.
Mockingbird wrote:>Actually it's quite possible that he could have.
I think s/he wrote that backwards.

S/He meant to say that because the red pyramid thing was featured in a painting created long before James was born, there's no way the r.p.h. could possibly be an absolute manifestation of James because it had existed before him.
Now, that is a great explanation. I myself didn't believe that Pyramid head simply came out from his mind and imagination.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

One thing I like about the origins picture is that it seems to depict Pyramid Head in his movie counterpart..actually every single pyramid head I've ever seen has been the movie style helmet instead of the original sh2 pyramid head. I'm sorta glad that they aren't using the original design..It's my favorite but I don't want that design being over used..The concept of pyramid head seems over used though...

Ok back on topic though I always thought that the picture was movie style pyramid head standing by it self with 2 spears..am I wrong?
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

While it is debatable about the existence of PH being his own identity or James mind, I've always sort of assumed that since Valatiel is his own being that PH are sort of servants in the same sense. My name on this forum, Silent One, is actually a tribute to monsters like them. The monsters that don't usually say anything, and for most of the time operate behind the scenes.

As for which PH this is, I don't usually put to much emphasis on that since I prefer game makers to mix things up some. I found alternate versions in other games make sense since they are altered in some likeness to the characters involved. If you happen to see the movie version, James, or anyone else is largely irrelevant to me since they all more or less represent the same being of punishment.
shadowvalentine
Just Passing Through

Post by shadowvalentine »

i agree that PH could have existed long before James was born, but i wish they would elaborate more on him. i feel as if he has some other greater meaning, seeing as that he's been shown in more than one of the games. whether it be PH himself or just a painting of him. :?
"The Enrichment Center is committed to the well being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all."
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

It looks to me like the movie version because the helmet is pointed in the front. The movie version's helmet has one less side than SH2's version. PH's helmet in SH2 has a straight front.

EDIT: *looks up* Dangit! Somebody beat me to it. :/
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

Clearly I'm missing something here. I'm only seeing the first image, the other two are unavailable. Guess I'll have to go back to the game unless there is another pic somewhere.
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I know this is sort of an old thread, but I was thinking about the difference in helmet style between the two paintings in the first post. Suppose the paintings are real, made by real world artists (rather than in-game paintings that is). It's possible that both artists interpreted the shape differently, as well as the aprons (as pointed out the Origins PH has a longer apron than the SH2 PH). Over all they're the same thing, and are inspired by the same source, but the different artists had different visions, and the finished paintings reflect that.
TheDayOfNight
Just Passing Through

Post by TheDayOfNight »

Wow! I didn't see that at all!
X-rust

Re: PH in Dhalia House

Post by X-rust »

That's another picture in the Dahlia house, yea:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The painting "Misty Days, Remains of the Judgment" is in the Ortego's room:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
He is explore local cult of Valtiel. Possibly, he also was in Historical Society
ClaudioBlanco
Just Passing Through

Post by ClaudioBlanco »

As far as I know, PH was intented exclusively to James personal darkness provided by the town (as a result of the first Silent Hill events). So all the cameos after the game don't make any sense.

Even so, if the intention was to leave a trace from pasts SH— the images should be about the cult's ceremonial outfit Allen Smith, a local painter, based about to portray the surreal imagery exhibited on the Historical Society and somehow infleunced James into his interpretation of judgement.

I'll sound like an idiot, but I quite dislike the PH mentions and cameos all over the american SH games. Feels like it takes all the myth out of it.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Even SH2 says that Walter saw a guy in a pyramid shaped helmet/mask. >_> It was an executioner, I can belive that James' pyramidhead was a mystical entity, and that SHH's Pyramidhead was someone/something else.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Even SH2 says that Walter saw a guy in a pyramid shaped helmet/mask. >_><
No it doesn't.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

"Red devil" it meant Jimmy Stone. But even so, it foreshadows pyramid head
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

Roux
Just Passing Through

Post by Roux »

Besides, James took that image and subconciously morphed it into a personification of his desire for punishment. Obviously any game since Silent Hill 2 has been milking his popularity via uneccessary cameos, but that doesn't mean he's exclusive to James. The cult has been around for decades, James just interpreted the image differently.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>"Red devil" it meant Jimmy Stone. But even so, it foreshadows pyramid head<
How do you get "Walter saw a guy in a pyramid shaped helmet/mask" from "red devil"?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

^ ... maybe because he linked 'Red Pyramid Thing', which is PH with 'Red Devil'?
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Pretty much. Image So... am I the only one that see's a guy in a pyrmaid/triangle shaped hood? >_> Cuz Walter saw it tooo

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>... maybe because he linked 'Red Pyramid Thing', which is PH with 'Red Devil'?<
That's not the issue. VenusDoom claimed SILENT HILL 2 tells us "Walter saw a guy in a pyramid shaped helmet/mask." This simply is not true. We are told Walter blamed something called "the red devil" for killing the Locane siblings in SILENT HILL 2, but we weren't told what that "red devil" is until SILENT HILL 4: THE ROOM. That's my issue with what you said.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Yeah, I haven't played SH2 in over a year, my bad, I just get "red devil" confused with :red pyramid thing" often. But Jimmy does where a triangular hood.

k0n0k0
Just Passing Through

Post by k0n0k0 »

When I saw it I didn't give much importance to it. I mean, since I see Pyramid Head as an "illusion" of James and only James I thought they just put that painting in the game as an easter egg somehow.