holy dzzam hard much?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Shoot The Sky wrote:
TravisTheTrucker wrote:on the stats screen i get like 11 minutes of flashlight usage, when you get used to going with the flashlight off is really easy.
11 minutes of flashlight usage? Does this mean my flashlight will only last so long?
No, it just tells you how long the flashlight was on for. IE, Shoot the Sky only had the flashlight on for 11 minutes, but could have had it on longer if so desired.
RedPyramidThing
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPyramidThing »

No, the flashlight lasts for forever -- no batteries or anything. The ending screen simply rates your flashlight usage in terms of minutes, and you can unlock an acolade and some extras by going through the game with very little flashlight usage (and as already mentioned, the game is much easier if you use some strategy with your flashlight, and walk around in the dark).
Some fear death. Others pray for it.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

I found it a lot easier on my second playthrough thanks to that trusty guantlets. Anyone that has trouble on the first go around will feel better to know that completing it is worth getting through those tough monsters.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
geist378
Just Passing Through

Post by geist378 »

Haven't got that far yet, but yeah, like everyone else says, it's easier without flashlight.
You can see the monsters too?
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

Yes, this is definitely the hardest installment of SH yet. I’m burning through my health items like no one’s business.

Turn the lighting up and don’t use the flashlight? Pussies. :P
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

I like the combat the best in this game. It's not slow really, just takes some time to get used to. The game has its moments, but you'll whip through a lot of the game if you've played the others. You may get stuck on a few puzzles, but they're pretty well balanced, you won't need a guide, that's for sure.

A good way to survive is to conserve all you can. Melee weapons are easy to come across, so don't worry there, try to save most bullets for bosses. Only use health drinks if you NEED to. And don't kill everything you see, monsters are a bit more aggressive so watch yourself. Have fun.
Mr.Death
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr.Death »

Yeah,I'd say it's harder starting out than the others,I got pulverized the first time thru,but it got quite easy after I got used to it.I had trouble with the straightjackets,but later I just ran circles around them until I could strike,or defended the grapple and attacked.I still had some trouble with roadkill though,they always seemed to charge me at least once if I was using a melee weapon.
The death cannot die....
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

For those just use a television set, or any other heavy object and chuck it at the monster. It should kill it in one hit if you charge it up before you choose to release, but don't use melee weapons on those things, you're just begging to get rammed. :D