Is it worth buying a copy of SHO?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

keepness
Just Passing Through

Post by keepness »

i have to say that this game is sooooooooo worth it, and like every one else is saying, the room ain't got shit on origins! :mrgreen: other then that, if you don't have a psp, go for the gusto and buy it it for ps2, but i highly recommend that it should be played on psp. mostly for the fact that it is at least 100x's scarier if you play in the dark with headphones on blasted! :mrgreen:
umm...yeah,whatever!
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

Well I got some good news for everyone. I finally tracked a copy down. Some of the place I went to didn't have left or didn't even carr it. I started playing it and I have to say that I like it, I only up to the part just after the Asylem.
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

^ Congrats. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did (as it is now one of my favorites).
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Made In Heaven
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Made In Heaven »

I got the game for the PS2 I heard that it wasn't developed by Team Silent and the only person on board was the sound director(sorry forgot his name at the moment.) I wasn't expecting much however I am enjoying every bit of it and the locations you go to creep me out like they should.

I am also stuck on the Sanatorium and it doesn't help that the map of that place reminds me of Waverly Hills a renown TB hospital that is the first thing I thought of when I found out there was a "TB Ward" on one of the floors. :shock:

The weapons breaking on you just further enforces the idea to me that you are Travis, a redneck trucker that is up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Yes you can fight monsters with your fists they are your only reliable weapon, however enemies are harder then hell to take down that way and it is even worse when they all try to gang up on you at once!

I say this game is worth a buy if you don't want to get the PSP version you can always get the PS2 one and it is the same price $30.00.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/Irene21121/MIHSIG.png[/img]
Thanks starsail1929 for the awesome sig!
Rule of Rose
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Rule of Rose »

You should buy this game just to experience that Theatre level :mrgreen: , those manaquin dummies just creep me out
She said her blood turns to ash
Burning eyes can't forgive you
Howling moon drives on
And deep in me
Your illusion
What you see in me
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

If you haven't bought it already, you really should. There are many obvious reasons why you should buy this game, but you should probably want this game to understand the plot and loopholes that Silent Hill has, and to keep up with us Silent Hill Fans :)
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

I was expecting this game to be a half-assed addon to the series, but it’s a full-fledged installment with the best combat system to date, and with plot and environments rivaling any of the other games, if not excelling. It might be my favorite game in the series now.

So ya, it's worth it.
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

^ I have to say it my second favorite, next to SH2.

Does anyone think that it might be better than SH4?
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

Wayward Soul wrote:Does anyone think that it might be better than SH4?
Yeah, but that's not saying much.

However, without the combat system in SH4, the one in SH0 would never have evolved. Therefore, SH4 was good for something after all!
Nicole
Just Passing Through

Post by Nicole »

Yes, It's great!
...in bed.
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Does anyone think that it might be better than SH4?
No.

But then again, I'm fast turning into one of those "games are art" nerds who can overlook bad gameplay elements in favor of a gripping plot and/or atmosphere. I can also praise developers for trying something new instead of rehashing old memes and formats.

Still, Origins is a decent enough game, although I was left feeling like it was a decent fanfic turned into a game. I'd recommend it to Silent Hill fans.
It Burns
Just Passing Through

Post by It Burns »

I actually liked it better then the third and forth games but that's just me. Not that I didn't like those games It's just that I really liked the feel of Origins. It reminded me of when I played the first one.