When Harry met Kaufmann 1st time, relation to SH Origins

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

>>Yes, and M.K. is still the same M.K. What he says 7 years later is applicable in discussions of Silent Hill: Origins.

Not really; M.K. had no idea what the hell was going on in Silent Hill 1; obviously he hadn't experienced it before. The only way things make sense is if at least Kaufmann is in reality.

EDIT: I don't think he'd wait seven years for a military rescue squad and still have hope, either...
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Obviously Kaufmann knew about, as he had a big role in Origins. If you've played it, you may have noticed that Kaufmann was the reason - along with Dahlia - that all these things happened to Silent Hill. He was part of the plan to have Alessa birth to God. He even seems to be the leader, in Origins.
So obviously he knows all about in Silent Hill 1 when Harry meets him, as he's been part of it for at least 7 years prior to Silent Hill 1.
PartyHard
Just Passing Through

Post by PartyHard »

Biccard wrote:So obviously he knows all about in Silent Hill 1 when Harry meets him, as he's been part of it for at least 7 years prior to Silent Hill 1.
We also know that Kaufmann was part of the plan from the flashback that Harry sees in Nowhere. But looks like the monsters attacking him in SH1 freaked him out and turned him against Dahlia.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Exactly, PartyHard :D
Kaufmann seems to be a member og leader of a cult. What they did to Alessa in Origins was tried again 7 years later, in Silent Hill 1.
The burning house are also mentioned in Silent Hill 1. And in Origins, the first thing you do is save Alessa from the burning house. So, Travis actually was the reason Silent Hill 1 had to happen.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, they didn't. Alessa was only burned once; though it's ultimately still because of Travis, what caused SH1 to happen was the awakening of Cheryl to her true nature when she met her "sister".
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]