Caution Spoilers; The patient in Room 3 in male seclusion...

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Caution Spoilers; The patient in Room 3 in male seclusion...

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I've beat this game a couple of times, and yesterday when I writing my walkthrough I thought about something that didn't really fit the others.

Click for spoilers;
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In the Male Seclusion wing in the Sanitarium, you get to observe the rooms of 5 different patients. It's obvious that in room 1, the patient was addicted to cutting themselves. Room 2, obviously the patient here had an obsession with fire. Room 4 was barred shut, so they had to be a psyco and in room 5, there was an aneroxic that refused to eat food.
My questions is that when you observe room 3, there's a nice dress on a dummy and empty hat boxes. Then, in the Infirmary you see that the doll is nicely dressed which doesn't fit the others. If these patients had some sort of mental problems what type of problem could the patient in room 3 possibly have? He seems pretty normal to me.

Anyone have a good idea about what his problem was?
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

well seeing how it is in a male seclusion room and you see womens clothing aperfume, what does that tell you? Just think of the villian (name not coming to me) from silence of the lambs.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

SilentMadness wrote:well seeing how it is in a male seclusion room and you see womens clothing aperfume, what does that tell you? Just think of the villian (name not coming to me) from silence of the lambs.
Ooo! That's a really good point. I completely missed the perfume.
But on the doll he was dressed pretty masculine. He kinda reminded me of one of those renaissance horse riders. Lol.
I'm just thinking that maybe he was obsessed with his dead wife or something, since he didn't really look like he was dressed like a lady. & Even if he was gay or something, I don't think it really measures up with the other patients in there.
Idk, something still doesn't fit right.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

And didn't the doll where you put the pills in their mouth have some type of make up on? I'm not suggesting that he's gay, but in a small town like silent hill (especially from the 70's) crossdressing would be frowned upon
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
thenarcissuseffect
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by thenarcissuseffect »

Well, you have to keep the time period in mind, I think. There are all sorts of types of cross-dressing, from heterosexuals engaging in transvestic fetishism, to drag/transvestism and transgendered people. These days, the taboos don't extend into the medical realm, but back then they definitely would have....
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

thenarcissuseffect wrote:Well, you have to keep the time period in mind, I think. There are all sorts of types of cross-dressing, from heterosexuals engaging in transvestic fetishism, to drag/transvestism and transgendered people. These days, the taboos don't extend into the medical realm, but back then they definitely would have....
I thought about that, but his makeup seemed more like clownlike. Not womanlike. So i'm still a bit confused.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Perhaps he treated the doll he dressed as a real person?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Perhaps he treated the doll he dressed as a real person?
sounds like a pluasible thoery too. But my first impression was a crossdresser
words to live by
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

I figured that he had some sort of dissociative identity/Norman Bates thing going on-- that when he was wearing women's clothes, in his head, he was a woman.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Hmm, good tips guys.
I'm pretty sure he's a psyco crossdresser now.
That works.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Anyone else notice the dress looks kind of like Mary's...?

But anyway, I think the guy was a psycho cross-dresser...
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I noticed! :)
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

Video Gamer wrote:Anyone else notice the dress looks kind of like Mary's...?

Id did not, and will have to look next gothrough.

Where are you posting your walkthrough?
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
TenderMercy
Just Passing Through

Post by TenderMercy »

I noticed that sometimes there's a poker stuck in the dressform and sometimes there isn't. But I could never figure out what I was doing differently.
...sounds like kittens...
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Darkness Concept wrote:
Video Gamer wrote:Anyone else notice the dress looks kind of like Mary's...?

Id did not, and will have to look next gothrough.

Where are you posting your walkthrough?
Hmm, i'm probably going to post my walkthrough on gamefaqs.com at first. So you can check for it there. I'm still in the Theatre part though. I'm making sure that I don't miss anything.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't think he was JUST a crossdresser, since cross-dressing isn't a mental illness. I could perhaps a guy thinking he was a mommy, and the doll was his baby girl :D
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Remember: mid-seventies. Everything was connoted as a mental illness.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I didn't really see a doll. All I saw was one of those dummy thingies that you put clothes on, and hat boxes. So I might be missing something.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

He was obviously a crossdress.. and i agree that in the 70's everything was considered a mental illness. Also it could be that this person perhaps commited a murder while dressed as a woman, similar to Norman Bates.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Mockingbird wrote:Remember: mid-seventies. Everything was connoted as a mental illness.
Beat me to it.

In that time period, it was ok to treat homosexuals, gender confused, and even masterbation as mental illneses. I have read through a small handful of cases from the seventies of parents putting their teens into mental hosiptals to try and "cure" these "diseases" and them finding out that many harsh "treatments" were used like, hydrothrapy and electro-shock thrapy. So he fit into this part of the game with the others, very well.