Another therory about The Rose Suite

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Does My threroy make sense to you?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 31

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There's nothing scientific about explaining two people engaging in sexual activity. There's also nothing preternatural about an apple falling from a tree.

Your avatar is too large.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SapphireSerpent
Just Passing Through

Post by SapphireSerpent »

Yes there is, you can study their anatomic patterns and heat signatures, or perhaps breathing rhythms to determine whether or not they were engaging in sexual reproduction seeing as how we are only left to listen to what could just possibly be Sexual Intercourse, now it doesn't take a great mind to know what they were doing. This thread is hysterical.
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

To Mocking bird:
Am I shitting you? No, I am using a completly irrelavent sample to prove a point.

I am very aware of gravity and Mr. Newton's works. I have done three papers of two years on him and both his Universal law of Gravity and his Three laws of Nature. Gravity , we know works at a constant rate, that being 9.89 m/s/s on earth. But we do not know WHY. That is the main thing, here. As we, and hopeful yourself Mockingbird, know that the entire universe boils down to just four forces. Electromagnatism, the Weak, and Strong Nuclear forces, and Gravity. We can explain them, and can predict what they are going to do, we even have a Grand Unversial Therory, to tie these four forces together, that being the String therory, although unproved. We cannot say WHY they do what they do. If you have read somewhere that within the last year has figured it out, please by all means, let me know, considering Einstein could not figured it out, rearraging numbers on his deathbed. I would love to know why these things do what the do. Any scientist would.
SapphireSerpent
Just Passing Through

Humans and their omnipotent answers. Yet, its a scientists job to ask questions, is it not?
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I am sorry for looking for anwsers.
SapphireSerpent
Just Passing Through

You must if you are here. Otherwise people will shove into you their answers like a steel, spiked laxative.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Or maybe I should just follow the walls within my maze untill I am guided to the anwser that so many of you other rats have found already.

As I stated in the other thread, I am done arguing my point. In fact I never wanted to argue in the first place. I wanted to say my two cents and get the hell out of dodge, but others sysetematically asked again and again why I tempted fate.

But I will just end it here before I rub any mods the wrong way as I have a tendency to do.
SapphireSerpent
Just Passing Through

Looks like we have something in common, not the avoidance part.
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Pity parties are not attractive.

I've posted a lot of theories here, and they've usually been well received. It's not that theories that aren't posted by big names around here aren't liked or considered. There's a lot that you did to hamstring yourself when you started up this whole thing. Although you claim to simply want to carry out a discussion on your theory, you pretty much made it out to be that you were being persecuted for holding it.

You've just got to learn to be objective about this kind of thing. More than one of my theories sunk, for logical reasons, but I'm not going to yell at other people for pointing out it wasn't all that great, because they're probably right. Hit and miss policy.

If a lot of people don't agree with your argument, it's not because they're snobs and cliquish. It's because your argument doesn't have all the necessary components to make it compelling.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Pity parties are not attractive.
It reeks of desperation, too. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Okay, now we're rats?

Honey, please. If you're going to get THIS upset about theories you really, sincerely and terribly need to reconsider (1) sharing your theories [if this is how you handle debating them] and even possibly (2) engaging in discussion about anyone's theories.

I say this not as a moderator but as a forum goer who enjoys debates and doesn't have the patience to sit by and watch the odd man/woman out be determined to prove how they're so above those who follow a logical train of thought and by extension a theory that connects to it. Going around calling people sheep and rats is so high school, so ... Hot Topic goth kid who sits in the corner of a lunch room writing bad poetry in the margins of his/her Math notebook. I'm not saying that to make fun of you, but to tell you that you don't have to act that way, that you can act above the people who do act that way if you put forth the effort. I think you definitely should because you're capable of it.

So can we all please just bear in mind that just because many people think one thing that doesn't mean they aren't thinking--and just because you think something else, doesn't mean you're entitled to some kind of elite, greater status in your logical solitude.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

Theories are theories because they aren't proven. You formulate one, you argue it, you stick with it and defend it as others try to prove it wrong. That's the enjoyment of healthy debating. Granted, there are theories that are going to be dead wrong-- anyone who comes here trying to argue that Travis is a closeted homosexual who murders men because he was in love with his father is going to get shot down real quick. But a good, solid theory, assembled from deep thought and consideration, should stand up well to scrutiny. And if it doesn't... so what? Odds are you learned something in the process. Right now a theory of mine is under fairly heavy scrutiny on another thread in this forum; and I don't mind. I'm going to defend it, of course, but, if it reaches a point that I can no longer rationally defend it, la dee da dee da. I put forth a concerted effort and my reward is the intelligent and well informed discussion that arose out of it.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Krist. wrote:Okay, now we're rats?
If you read the post right, I said I too was a rat. On the other thread, I was called a rat for just deciding to bow out and let them think what they want. I said I was a rat and I would find my anwsers just like the other rats in the maze. I would never call you, Krist or anyone else a rat on purpose or compared to myself. I was saying that if I am a rat for seeking anwsers, then everyone else on here must be rats as well, cause everyone else on here is searching for anwsers.

I am not trying to act above anyone. I hate pompus, arrogant people who think they are better then everyone else around them.

I had a therory. No one liked it. Guess I will just have to deal. I am a big girl and somewhat of an artist at that. I know how to take critism. And I take it.

The only thing that pissed me off, that drove me to think of an altrenate therory was that everyone was using the word "obvious". I hate the word obvious. Especially when it is used instead of "infer". It can be infered that Lisa and Kaufmna where doing drugs and having sex. Not that it was obvious and somehow it turned into I had thought of a crack pot therory and that I was being childish by sticking to my guns.

All I wanted to do, was discourage the word obviously over the word infered.
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

For something like that, all you needed to do was say something along the lines of, "I think the language we're using here is a bit skewed. 'Obvious' implies that it's something that's in plain sight and it's clearly accessible knowledge. I think 'inferred' is more on the target." And here I agree with you, words make a whole lot of difference.

Hell, I just pulled that schtick over in another topic in this forum, where I said "channeled" doesn't connote the same thing as "projected".

Being concise is very much preferred over an over elaborate, rather melodramatic dog-and-pony show over people's phraseology.

You keep saying that you made the post, and it didn't really mattered to you because it had some alternate purpose, and yet you kept defending it like it was your claim, and stake jumpers were hounding you. You even put up a poll about it trying to get people to agree with you on it. That's kind of muddled.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Oh, the poll was not to get people to agree with me, I was just wondering if my therory made ANY sense at all.
Sionnan wrote: 'Obvious' implies that it's something that's in plain sight and it's clearly accessible knowledge. I think 'inferred' is more on the target." And here I agree with you, words make a whole lot of difference.

That is exactly what I was getting at. And it seemed that no matter how many times I said it, people seemed to argue that "Obvious" and "Infer" are the same damn word when it comes to this subject.
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Exactly. Next time, could you please just keep it to something short and simple like that? I completely understand what you mean, but another topic used solely to underscore different terms used in a discussion is a little unnecessary.

I was confused to the purpose of the poll, then. As well as to the original intent of that whole post. If you didn't actually support it do begin with, then you should save yourself the hurt feelings and not back it up. I mean, it pretty much just turned into a mess.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

yes, and if I was a mod, I would swoop in and delete my whole topic, cause it is just wasting room.

And for the record. I followed the link you, Sionnan posted on the other thread, then ran int through my iTunes which is tweaked to make up for what I can not hear in my left ear, and you are correct. you can hear something. It does not even sound human, but it is there. I am sorry. I was going off what my sister told me. She sits to my left and helps me hear what is being said, how loud the static is on the radio, things like that in Silent Hill. She helps make up for what I can not hear, because I am completly deaf in my left ear and can only functioin at 80% in my right.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

well if its THAT important to you I might help you out by ripping video of that moment and leaving sound only in mp3 format. If you are interested, and this will solve your problem once and for all, pm me. I'm sure you will reckon this sound right away if you turn up the volume
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I think your theory is pretty dead on, but there's alot of unnecessary added stuff.
So, i'll give you a yes vote.

At first, I said yeah, they were having sex. Then I considered they were just doing drugs. And now I made up alittle story. I was thinking that maybe Lisa was having sex with him... just to get some drugs. Since maybe she couldn't pay him? The hospital seems pretty dead lately. Hmm, am I making any sence?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The hospital seems pretty dead lately.
Pretty sure trainee nurses aren't paid by commission. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.