SOMEONE MADE A HOLE

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

PeachySakura24 wrote:It means someone made a hole and Travis should go home. Can't you read? :P

Just kidding. :D It might be a little bit of a nod towards SH2's hole note, since this was the American team's first game and they wanted to get on our good sides, lol. I'm sure it alludes to the hole you are about to go through, but getting you to think about going home before you meet exactly what it was that made the hole in the first place.
Just to point out, Climax UK made Sh0 :P
PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Oh, well, there ya go. It was the UK's first time with the series lol. Unless it wasn't, in which case my statement is all made of cheese. I do like that you waited until now, when I JUST came back, to point it out though. How did you know I was in here?
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Krist. wrote:I think what Silent Madness has to say about it fits in a bit more nicely than the "there was a hole" theory. Dahlia seems to enjoy leaving him ALL-CAPS NOTES throughout Origins--and I don't know how much of it is Dahlia trying to help him so much as it is Dahlia trying to get Travis out of the goddamn picture and scare him away from helping Alessa any further.
Apparently, Dahlia can't write in lowercase. It just shows how sacrifice/god-obsessed mothers don't care about their grammar, as long as their God is resurrected :)

I think it was a nod to THERE WAS A HOLE HERE. IT'S GONE NOW.

Maybe Dahlia wrote that for James.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

PeachySakura24 wrote:Oh, well, there ya go. It was the UK's first time with the series lol. Unless it wasn't, in which case my statement is all made of cheese. I do like that you waited until now, when I JUST came back, to point it out though. How did you know I was in here?
lol I was just browsing the forum :P it is Climax UK's first game, it was originally Climax US's but they made a pathetic excuse of a game (purple monster zombie things!) and the Climax US team was fired :)
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Sounds about right. :) I was just amused by the timing. I was gone for about a year, and the day I came back, I got quoted lol.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

lol it's fate! :shock:
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

It may well be. :)
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Maybe Dahlia wrote that for James.
Dahlia never met James in the first place, she died in SH1.