umm Lisa is kinda... ug....

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>the "she-was-created-from-alessa's-memory" theory as to why she looks different.
It's not true. The audience sees Lisa before she's killed and she looks the same as she does in the game.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Empty_Eyes

Post by Empty_Eyes »

The fact that you see her before she dies is up for debate.... Also I honestly think the PSP version looks a lot better then the PS2 version. I mean not that it really makes that much of a difference. *shrugs*....

Crucifix your right this is not the topic to assert Individuality... um it however is also not the topic to start a squabble... Just saying... forget it and move on.

and for those who need it.... "OMG!!!11!! Her Knose iS like a hook!1!"
Droo

Post by Droo »

Empty_Eyes wrote:The fact that you see her before she dies is up for debate....
No, it's not. The images of Lisa laughing and fighting with Kaufmann in the intro video for the first game are all from before she dies.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
TheVIPeRoy
Just Passing Through

Post by TheVIPeRoy »

Her hair is blonde in Origins and brunette in SH1...
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

royery3 wrote:Her hair is blonde in Origins and brunette in SH1...
nope.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

her hair in sh1 is a sort of strawberry blonde color.. and in Origins it's more dishwater blonde.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

Her hair is definitely in the blonde range for both games.

As for seeing Lisa die in the first one, that certainly is debatable... because if she was real, then where did her body go? It would make more sense for her to be the remnants of the spirit of Lisa, and the Memory of Alessa.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

^ Real people's bodies disappear in Silent Hill... It happened in SH4: Joseph just disappeared completely.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Krist. wrote:^ Real people's bodies disappear in Silent Hill... It happened in SH4: Joseph just disappeared completely.
Didn't happen to Eddie.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

She doesn't mean "disappear" as in poofs out of existence immediately upon dying. She means that Joseph's body disappeared sometime after his death because it was never located.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Xigz wrote:
Krist. wrote:^ Real people's bodies disappear in Silent Hill... It happened in SH4: Joseph just disappeared completely.
Didn't happen to Eddie.
Yeah, that's why I didn't use him as my example. O_o
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
eubiche
Just Passing Through

Post by eubiche »

Karen999uk wrote:I wouldn't say she was fugly, but I do think she looks alot older in Origins than she does in SH1. Sort of a reverse of what happened with Dahlia I suppose
yeah, I think so too :roll:
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

Darkness Concept wrote:Although she looks undeniably different in 0rigins, I wouldn't say that she looks... fugly.... or like "a dude".

(^shorter hair maybe?)
Or a whole facejob gone wrong :? ...
David01 wrote:yeah, because complaining such as "omg these pixels look like a man when their supposed 2 be a gurl, lol, how ugly" really should be praised; i mean, it's different, and thus represents the struggle for individuality in an oppressive society.
Ya know... the thing here is that Lisa was VERY pretty in the cutscenes of the first Silent Hill game, not that she looked like a model, but she had a sort of girl next door kind look that looked cute. I just finished Origins for the first time and I waited until this very moment to say, that I'm sad that her cuteness disappeared in this game, not to mention that I liked her voice better in SH1 :(
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well different voice actors, and like in most films. It looks to me like different actors playing the parts, rather than ruining the character theirself. I mean it's still the same character, carries the same name and such.. So really to me it doesn't matter what they look like, or if Lisa's hair is shorter. What's important is that she's even in Origins at all, and that the names are mentioned.. and the ending of the game does tie into the original game. Assuming you got the good ending :wink: I liked Lisa's look in this game. I mean in Sh 1, other than the FMV sequences, Lisa really had no face, what I mean is. YOu couldn't make out any detail in her face at all, because back in the days of psone.. you couldn't put in the lip movement and facial features that you can put in today in games.

So other than the cutscenes in the original game, I really don't see a whole lot of difference in Lisa's face. She's still wearing her trademark red sweater.. she's still wearing a white skirt.. and her skin tone is the same, her hair color is a bit more blonde. but actually her hair was very blonde in the original game as well, in the character model that is. Now in the cutscenes, yes she looked alot different. But that could be because FMV's were meant to add realism to the characters.. and being that there was limited texture mapping and such on the hardware of the psone. The characters looked very grainy, even more so than they do in Origins.

I agree though that it is a shame that they didn't put fancy cutscenes into origins of Lisa. But being that this was a psp game originally.. maybe they ran out of room to place any extra cutscenes in there. I Mean you already have the ultra realistic cutscene at the beginning where Travis is driving toward Silent Hill. You also have the ultra realistic scene of the town being swallowed up by darkness toward the end. You also have the 3 endings, well two real endings using actual cinema sequences.

I don't know, all this bitching about Lisa really doesn't hold water with me. The game was good, the characters were good, and it's a passable edition to the series.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

David01 wrote:and being that there was limited texture mapping and such on the hardware of the psone. The characters looked very grainy, even more so than they do in Origins.
But then again, Dahlia Gillespie looks more attractive than Lisa in Origins... holy s#it I think I've gone mad! :shock:
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

That's true, but everyone ages differently. Dahlia probably started out young and attractive, but over the course of time the stresses of all the fucked up shit they were doing in the cult began to take its toll on her.

As for Lisa, some people start out as ugly ducklings. but at times some people get a little better looking as they age, more refined and more character develops in their faces.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

I'm sorry for posting in topics that were from a few days ago, but I just bought Origins and there's some things I'd like to say.

i think several of the characters look quite different than from SH1 (ie. Alessa, Dahlia, Lisa...). I just though it's because of the update in graphics. Of course they look different. i don't think it's just the "origins is from years before SH1" or whatever. SH1 was on PS1 almost 10 years ago. Graphics have changed greatly. I don't think it's possible to use characters exactly how they looked before on a brand new game. :?
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I agree, and that's what I was getting at. When I mentioned that the character models of sh1 basically had no face.. or very grainy blurs of what should've been a face. In origins you see more detail in the faces, even though I think the developers of the game tried to make it look just as grainy as sh1 was. But you're right, you can't take hardware from today, and make everything look like it did back then.. that would be pointless.

It's kind of like batman begins, you had totally new characters playing the roles of characters we already know and love. So I think this is slightly the case with Origins, and also to do with the different graphic's engine at the same time.
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

I have the best explanation of all: SH: Origins had a crappier art team than Team Silent.

Anyway, all the excuses made for Climax is.......inexcusable. I understand the differences in graphical power between the PS1 vs. PSP/PS2, but her personality was VERY different in Origins. Frankly, both she and Dahlia looked like imposters. I don't think Climax did a good job at all with those two resembling their SH1 counterparts. I liked Lisa in SH1 because she seemed submissive and sweet. Here, she is outgoing, slutty, and a bit too Maria-like. You can talk about white claudia addictions and all that, but for art direction, it's just unacceptable that she was that different. Bottom line, I did not feel this Lisa was the same Lisa from SH1.
WisHouse
Just Passing Through

Post by WisHouse »

I didn´t like that Lisa at all! She looked horrible.Like a whore....That WASN´T the Lisa we know >_>
Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh!!?