The Crashed Car

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

amphreded
Historical Society Historian

Post by amphreded »

I just restarted the game and I could not find the car either.
Where exactly is it? I feel left out.
[size=84][b]QUICKLINKS | [/size][size=75][url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2362]SH1[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2313]SH2[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2327]SH3[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=43347#43347]SH4[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17936]SH:H[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=391270#391270]SH:O[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=85043#85043]SHMovie[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12563]SHGeneral[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php]FAQs[/url][/size][/b]
[size=84][color=grey][i]

[/size][/color][/i]
Tyrael
Just Passing Through

Post by Tyrael »

PS2 Version : Car is exactly adjacent to the Welcome to Silent Hill sign, stuck to a pole.

PSP Version : Car does not exist, but a bunch of random cardboard boxes do!

But I really do wonder why there is a wagon there. I mean there is no one in it (I presume), and it's not like there are cops there because that would change the game to an extent. That really only means that :

A. It's really old and nobody bothered to tow it away (unlikely if SH is a resort town)
B. There is something before Origins, or maybe SH is fucking around with time?
C. Just an homage and there is no reason for it to be there specifically.
[quote="Harrys_Girl"]"I am gonna die! Im gonna die! Oh, this white girl is dead! This bitch is done!"[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Ok, I am playing it on the PS2:

From Travis' semi, forward toward the "Your never alone, with a Hemmingway." billboard. Now forward toward the, "Welcome to Silent Hill" sign. The sign is on the right, the truck, a small red, Toyota is crashed into a light pole, on the left side of the street. It is covered in blood and rust. Though, I am not sure why people are calling it a "station wagon". It is a small bed, Toyota with a sleeper on it.

This is the "car" everyone is talking.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Rob Matter wrote:Video Gamer, is it possible you have a newer PSP version?
It's possible I confused the two...The PSP and the PS2 versions, I mean.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well also if you notice through out the game,there are missing posters of people who entered the town and came up missing. It could just be another vehicle of yet another missing person who came to the town, and got sucked into the madness that is Silent Hill.

or it could just be some random thing that the creators added in there.. but to me it just looks as though it's a nod toward the fact that people enter the town all the time. And have their inner demons exploited.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

>there are missing posters of people who entered the town and came up missing.

Are you sure it's not just regular missing persons posters, or do these posters specifically state, on each of them, "Bobby entered Silent Hill. He never came home. Have YOU seen him?"
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Tyrael
Just Passing Through

Post by Tyrael »

Well, seeing as how we now what SH does, and the fact you see the posters in SH (alot of them apparantly), AND its a resort town, that could say that at least one or two of them went missing like that.
[quote="Harrys_Girl"]"I am gonna die! Im gonna die! Oh, this white girl is dead! This bitch is done!"[/quote]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Exactly my point, and being that the town has apparently alway's had this power.. the supernatural power that is. It could very well be, that there have been many, many people, perhaps hundreds maybe even thousands of people who have suffered the same fate. Similar to James fate, and Travis fate, whatever that may have been based on theories.

I just happened to notice that there were alot of missing posters through out the town on telephone poles and such. I also noticed, and this is slightly off topic.. but I believe it ties in sort of. In one of the trailers for silent hill homecoming, you see Elle putting up missing posters. And she mentions to Alex, that more and more people are coming up missing every day. So to me that says, that people are coming up missing through out silent hill.

I mean think about it, in the real world, the town is still active and there are still people walking around. well being that in silent hill.. the otherworld is very open, and comes and goes depending on the person's phsycological state.. so if someone lives in silent hill, and they have skeletons in their closet, who's to say that perhaps the town hasn't exploited this in a person or two. Also it could be a sort of thing like what happened to Henry in sh4 the room.. where the person simply becomes stuck in the otherworld.. almost as though they disappeared or something.

I dunno, it's just a theory, I'm not saying I'm right or wrong bout this, I'm probably wrong. It's just something I find interesting, and could make for a good topic of discussion.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Exactly my point, and being that the town has apparently alway's had this power.. the supernatural power that is. It could very well be, that there have been many, many people, perhaps hundreds maybe even thousands of people who have suffered the same fate.
I wouldn't say thousands, given the time-span.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Tyrael
Just Passing Through

Post by Tyrael »

I would only go as far to say as Native American's. I could definately see people going missing and them mistaking it as divine intervention and smoking the ritual pipe over it.

Or perhaps it was a form of punishment for the indians. They could have taken prisoners from other tribes and brought them to that plot of land (Silent Hill) and watch them fade away.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

Tyrael wrote:PS2 Version : Car is exactly adjacent to the Welcome to Silent Hill sign, stuck to a pole.

But I really do wonder why there is a wagon there. I mean there is no one in it (I presume), and it's not like there are cops there because that would change the game to an extent. That really only means that :

A. It's really old and nobody bothered to tow it away (unlikely if SH is a resort town)
I thought so since I remember the boxes, but positively 100% sure I never saw a car
Utsushimi

Post by Utsushimi »

Tyrael wrote:Now idk all of my SH history cus im still a noob at it. But I do know that in SH3, Douglas Cartland said on the way to Silent Hill that he did a missing person case in Silent Hill. Perhaps that event takes place right before or during, or possibly right after Origins? He is an old guy, and he did the case before the town went totally bonkers (or at least at the very beginning of it).

Maybe thats the car from the missing person? Maybe there is more to Silent Hill then meets our eyes even?
They say that the missing person in Douglas' Case was James..... the ending where he says he was going to resurrect his wife with a power from Silent Hill.... he says he was going to Silent Hill.......
Utsushimi

Post by Utsushimi »

Tyrael wrote:PS2 Version : Car is exactly adjacent to the Welcome to Silent Hill sign, stuck to a pole.

besides..... why would there be a wagon.... isnt a wagon middle age stuff?
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

No need for double posting, you can just edit your first.

Also, when Tyrael said "wagon" he was referring to the type of car, not the kind pulled by horses/mules.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>They say that the missing person in Douglas' Case was James.
The people who say so peremptorily are incorrect.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

Utsushimi wrote:
Tyrael wrote:Now idk all of my SH history cus im still a noob at it. But I do know that in SH3, Douglas Cartland said on the way to Silent Hill that he did a missing person case in Silent Hill. Perhaps that event takes place right before or during, or possibly right after Origins? He is an old guy, and he did the case before the town went totally bonkers (or at least at the very beginning of it).

Maybe thats the car from the missing person? Maybe there is more to Silent Hill then meets our eyes even?
They say that the missing person in Douglas' Case was James..... the ending where he says he was going to resurrect his wife with a power from Silent Hill.... he says he was going to Silent Hill.......
Where does it say this? is this a legitimate fact from the games, if so, then I think I missed something...
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

woofy1988 wrote: Where does it say this? is this a legitimate fact from the games, if so, then I think I missed something...
It doesn't say any such thing anywhere... people just put together "a missing guy" and the fact that Frank Sunderland hasn't seen his son in a long time. So they put it together than Frank must have hired Douglas to go to Silent Hill to look for James. It is possible, but not fact.