What do the Remnants do?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

What do the Remnants do?

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I'm writting something in my walkthrough and I know it sounds stupid, but how to they attack?
I've been attacked before but i'm not quite sure what they do. It's so hard to tell.
Please and thank you for answers! :wink:
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

They just...lunge forward. o_o
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

All I know is that they attack with a dangerous range (not as dangerous as the carrions, though) and are very powerful and pain in the ass to beat unless you know what you're doing. They move fast if you stand close to them, but if you're far away they will move ratherly slow. The best way to get rid of them is to run!
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

they swing their head-cage at you. which i'm sure would be enough to kill someone on the first hit in reality, but travis has superpowers.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Jonipoon wrote:All I know is that they attack with a dangerous range (not as dangerous as the carrions, though) and are very powerful and pain in the ass to beat unless you know what you're doing. They move fast if you stand close to them, but if you're far away they will move ratherly slow. The best way to get rid of them is to run!
But no matter what you do, do not attempt to kill them with the butchers knife, you won't make it past your shoulder yet for some reason a good wack with the gauntlets are powerful or take em down with ease with your tesla rifle.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Lol, I find them to actualy be the weakest enemies i've seen in silent hill actually.
idoless
Just Passing Through

Post by idoless »

I agree with crucifix.. I'm pretty sure they swing the cage at you.

I also find them to be pretty easy.. I just turn the light off and walk/run past them. They are a little harder to see in the dark obviously, but if you listen carefully and look carefully (w/o adjusting the brightness of the game or anything) you will see a slight silhoutte. Just runnnn past em'! lol. :D
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/xidolessxv/Idoless.png[/img]
Mega props to oraski for this sig!
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Or you could turn off your flashlight, equip your gauntlets.. and just hit them one time and drop them dead :D Worked for me the best.. hell even just keep your flashlight on and deck them with your gauntlets.. they wont even know what hit them.. just make sure to do it quick or else they'll plow you down fast.

Other than that.. they also have a battle cry that they shriek out.. so listen for that also.. if they spot you.. they'll yell "HEY" So when you hear that.. run like hell!!!
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!