welcome to silent hill

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

WickedQu33n wrote:And like I said how odd it was there are 2 paintings of PH in the town...before james.
Of course. How do you think James manifested it? The idea of Pyramid Head as executioner existed long before he went into Silent Hill. PH was apart of the cult's dogma.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

PH was apart of the cult's dogma.
Try the town's judicial history.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

^
Or that. :mrgreen:
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Something weird I noticed... The first time you enter to the motel first room (You know, the office where you get the map, a key and Trav has the flashback with his dad) this one is really dark, is hard to see anything there; anyway if youleave this room and return immediately the ofice won't be so dark... In fact looks like someone turned on the lights or something...

I also noticed how Travis has more interactive dialogues in the alternate/mirror world than ther foggy world (Specially at the asylum)... The last thing, is weird that the Calibans (I think that's the name of the HUGE monsters) are the only creatures that dissapear in smoke after you kill them, all the other monsters stay in their death place...

The last weird thing I remember and the most obvious, I don't know if this already was posted... Silent Hill says that the fire at Gillespie house burned other 6 houses but Origins shows the Gillespie house in the middle of the road without nearby buildings...
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

^
Similarly, the intro to SH1 also shows the Gillespie house on a road with no nearby buildings.
I don't remember finding the memo that says it burned six other buildings, but I have heard of it on these forums, so maybe I've missed it?
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

In fact Lisa says that the fire was in the business district... Is the business district in a road???
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Well, I missed that part. I don't remember her saying that at all, but no, I guess it wouldn't be?
The fact we can't retrace the roads in the town to the home is very problematic in figuring these things out.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The Gillespie house is north of the Green Lion Antique Mall.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

I seriously need to look around more when I'm playing this game. Which is hard to do when you run like hell (pun not intended) from the creatures. It's always fun to discover things like that.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Mockingbird wrote:The Gillespie house is north of the Green Lion Antique Mall.
But how the other houses got burned??
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Yeah and I remember the house in the intro in Silent Hill 1, where house in like flooded and looks nothing like its Origins counterpart.
WickedQu33n
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by WickedQu33n »

And the cardboard cut out where u get the rifle(<3) looks a lot like travis...and the street names...borden, koontz etc.
[b]you can die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian[/b]
:shock:
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

In the appartment building that you go through just before you get into the theatre, there's a message somewhere that says:

"Someone made a hole, go home Travis"

Did anyone else noticed that?...
blank fairy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by blank fairy »

^^What the...I never noticed that!
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^^
Yeah.. I think there's a whole topic about that somewhere around here.