Just got origins for the psp

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I thought the Daredevil Accolade would be hard, and the Sprinter one nearly as bad. But I got them both at the same time, once I unlocked the Tesla rifle.
LambChops
Just Passing Through

Post by LambChops »

Ya fun stuff so far I have unlocked the good and bad ending but I like the bad ending SO much more! Now i'm working on the ufo ending.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I sometimes wonder what happens afyter the Bad Ending... that would be another good plot for a fanfiction. But be advised, I'm not known for downbeat endings. Travis would probably find a hidden scalpel, cut himself free, and then go do some butt-whompin'.
LambChops
Just Passing Through

Post by LambChops »

I think that the main ending may of been the bad ending because you kill the butcher or the "Piramid Head" , but in the bad ending, i'm pretty sure it shows Travis becoming the butcher. Therefore, that explains how the piramid head is in sh5. Thats the way I see it prove me wrong if you think I am
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

the butcher is not the pyramid head, I think that is proof enough.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

Oh and Travis
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
appears in SH5 apparently
... (spoilers for SH5)
Personally I liked the warm fuzzy feeling I got from the Good ending better than the confusing stuff from the Bad ending. Someone finally escapes that godforsaken place! Also it ties in better with Silent Hill 1 since you see that baby getting dumped by the road.

I think the Bad ending just means Travis started believing the crazy shit the town was saying about him and succumbed to the madness and stuff. Probably being kept in a nuthouse by the cultmembers wo captured him and pumped him full of drugs.

Also, Piramid Head and Butcher are maybe two incarnations of the same haunting demonic entity but so far we can't say too much about it. We'll just have to wait until SHH comes out to maybe show us the excuse for re-using Piramid Head-type creatures.
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>Also, Piramid Head and Butcher
>re-using Piramid Head-type creatures

Excuse me, why do call him Piramid Head?
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

Jonipoon wrote:>Also, Piramid Head and Butcher
>re-using Piramid Head-type creatures

Excuse me, why do call him Piramid Head?
Go easy on them, it's probably just a typo. 'I' and 'Y' are very close together on the keyboard :wink:
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
LambChops
Just Passing Through

Post by LambChops »

I'm SO sorry I misspelled PYRAMID it's obviously pretty important that I have perfect spelling but I guess i'm not perfect. Anyways, if the butcher isn't the PYRAMID head, It just looked that way to me
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

He looks like and does the same stuff, terrorising the main character trying to convince them of the sins in their past or some such.
"We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Canonically speaking, Travis has no past sins to bring up. He was merely a victim, first of his mother's attack and then of his father's suicide.

as for the "Bad" ending, I think that that is a consequence of player action more than anything else. I think that the "memories" that resurface in the "Bad" ending are hallucinations implanted by the cult. But even if they're not, the "Good" ending is canon. The "Bad" ending is, like the UFO ending, an Easter egg.
LambChops
Just Passing Through

Post by LambChops »

I think that the bad ending may of been the main one because origins takes place before the others, so I think that things are going to be worse in the beginning. Plus, Travis could of become the bad guy, because what happenes to the victims when they get pushed too far, plus all those d r u g s they stuck in him.

The reason I am strongly sticking to this, is because if you stay and watch in the background of all the things you unlocked, the video replayes and you can see his face more clearly when his face goes crazy in the clip. I'm almost 100% percent sure that it's the butchers face, therefore, implying that he could be becoming the butcher.
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by henrytownshend21 »

has any1 noticed that on the PSP enemies are really easy to kill and u have less health? but the on the PS2 u get hurt slowly and monsters die slower.........
[img]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/jewjew911/henrytownshend21-1-1.gif[/img]
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

The butcher exists only in Travis' mind, the bad ending shows him becoming convinced that all the stuff he saw in town was real and that he himself is the butcher.
He couldn't really become a monster that other people would see because everything Silent Hill shows you comes from your own subconscious...unless your Harry Mason or Henry Townsend.
The Butcher in Silent Hill Origins is Travis' pent up anger and frustration becoming manifest.
LambChops
Just Passing Through

Post by LambChops »

well then why would the guy from shh see the pyramid head or the supposed "butcher" as I put it. wouldn't all the creatures be a little different if it was from different people's minds? I've heard that theres a lot of the same monsters in Homecoming from the previous games.
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

We'll see...
Most of the returning monsters in Silent Hill games appear because they're fan-favourites, the creators always seem to find an excuse to make Dogs, Straight-Jacket-packed-folks and other returning beings relevant to the main characters of each game. In Origins they found an excuse to bring back the awesome Piramid Head encounters from Silent Hill 2. In Silent Hill 5 they've found an excuse too. This time they even copied the looks and since Travis
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
apears in screenshots of the game in human form
, that might even be interesting...
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

It should be noted that Travis is expert with fists, firearms, blades, blunt objects, and even improvised weapons like TV's and toasters. Obviously, someone gave him a lot of combat training. And we don't know where or why he got so lethal. However, training does not equal actual violence, and there is no evidence to suggest that he has committed any crimes in the past.
LambChops
Just Passing Through

Post by LambChops »

So are you saying he may be the in the game? Hmmm that is interesting. I should def get a xbox360 for shh. Oh this may be a little off subject, but I just got all 3 endings, and pretty much all the costumes and weapons. I am so proud of myself!!! :D
Kupomee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kupomee »

Well, the thread started as one about you playing Origins in general, so no problem.
Awesome, you did that a lot faster than me en I still haven't got that many of the costumes.
So what did you like better or didn't you like compared to Silent Hill 4?
LambChops
Just Passing Through

Post by LambChops »

I'm not quite sure. I think they did a great job on origins. I also like sh4 cause it was pretty hard and you had to think before you lept and some of the stuff you did took me a while to figure out like that pick axe of despair or hope, (forget which one) you use it to break that wall in the real world were you found it in the dream world. I also like it because of all the confusion which raises all the questions and conversations. But I havent played that one as much as origins.