Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Jul 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Travis > Pyramind Head

Missing since: 06 Jul 2008
Notes left: 8
I seen rumours about Travis become a Pyramid head .. It´s true ?

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Aug 2005
Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Southend, England
No.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Oct 2008
Notes left: 66
Last seen at: Memphis, TN
Not that I know of.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jul 2008
Notes left: 241
I think you're confusing them with the butcher theory.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Travis > Pyramind Head

Missing since: 06 Aug 2007
Notes left: 164
Last seen at: Pobably at ur mom's house
filipe12 wrote:
I seen rumours about Travis become a Pyramid head .. It´s true ?

Maybe those rumors stem from the bad ending? Pyramid head has nothing to do with Travis though so those rumors are false.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
The rumors stem from stupid people.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

AuraTwilight wrote:
The rumors stem from stupid people.

Maybe. Or the rumors could stem from people that are new to the series and don't understand Pyramid head's purpose.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1299
In the Bad Ending, one of two things happens (since the ending is non-canonical, you decide which).

1. The trauma of killing 200 (or however many) monsters causes repressed memories to surface in Travis's mind. His mind snaps, and he is taken to the hospital or sanitarium for care. As he is sedated, more memories surface in his mind, memories of having killed several people. He starts seeing himself as indistinguishable from the PH-like Butcher monster.

2. The trauma of killing 200 (or however many) monsters causes Travis's mind to snap. The cult captures him, ties him to a table, and pumps him full of drugs. The impact of the drugs deludes Travis into thinking that he killed several innocent people. He starts seeing himself as indistinguishable from the PH-like Butcher monster.

Given that Travis is, despite his considerable martial skill, an overall decent person (he even feels bad about killing animals); also the nature of the place where he is confined (some grotty basement somewhere), I think that #2 is the more logical assumption.

In any case, there is no actual Pyramid Head anywhere in SH0.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Mar 2008
Notes left: 48
Last seen at: myspace.com/limity
I think it's on the wikipedia entry for Pyramid Head, there's a thing about how Pyramid Head briefly appears in the Bad Ending for Silent Hill: Origins "doing the cult's work" or some such.

When I read that, I immediately re-checked the Bad Ending, and there's a chest-high shot of The Butcher for about a second or two, and if you weren't looking close enough, or didn't notice the Butcher's similar but different headpiece, it could be mistaken for Pyramid Head.

So that's probably where the rumor got started, someone thought it was Pyramid Head, and put it on the wikipedia entry.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
So just another reason to hate Wiki and people with boners for PH, huh? :P

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Mar 2008
Notes left: 48
Last seen at: myspace.com/limity
^^^

Meh, just an honest mistake. In that one second shot, it does look a lot like Pyramid Head.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

lazarus1983 wrote:
^^^

Meh, just an honest mistake. In that one second shot, it does look a lot like Pyramid Head.

Hmmm, maybe to the untrained eye. :twisted:

Post subject:

Quote:
In the Bad Ending, one of two things happens (since the ending is non-canonical, you decide which).

1. The trauma of killing 200 (or however many) monsters causes repressed memories to surface in Travis's mind. His mind snaps, and he is taken to the hospital or sanitarium for care. As he is sedated, more memories surface in his mind, memories of having killed several people. He starts seeing himself as indistinguishable from the PH-like Butcher monster.

2. The trauma of killing 200 (or however many) monsters causes Travis's mind to snap. The cult captures him, ties him to a table, and pumps him full of drugs. The impact of the drugs deludes Travis into thinking that he killed several innocent people. He starts seeing himself as indistinguishable from the PH-like Butcher monster.

Given that Travis is, despite his considerable martial skill, an overall decent person (he even feels bad about killing animals); also the nature of the place where he is confined (some grotty basement somewhere), I think that #2 is the more logical assumption.

Oh please, I've come up with more plausible theories than both of those ideas that still fit into the main plot, give me some credit here. :P

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
lazarus1983 wrote:
^^^

Jokes: recognize them. Or rather, heed the :P smiley.

Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Oct 2003
Notes left: 5534
Last seen at: Room 311, making a noise complaint
Krist. wrote:
So just another reason to hate Wiki and people with boners for PH, huh? :P

PH is a sexy sonofabitch!

I never got that ending, but it sounds better than him actually being converted into a monster. Glad no one would do that. :wink:

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1299
QUOTE: Oh please, I've come up with more plausible theories than both of those ideas that still fit into the main plot, give me some credit here

Well, the dichotomy I was trying to point out is that either Travis either is a murderer, and what he sees is memories, or he is not a murderer, and what he sees is faked. So are you proposing that there is a scenario where James neither is nor is not a murderer? Because I think he has to be either one or the other.

Post subject:

That'se a false dichotomy by implying that what he sees has to be faked by the Order. What about the idea that he gives in to his un-acted upon anger towards himself and his family with DESIRES to become a serial killer or whatever, and being bound by his baser natures cause the Otherworld/Alessa to bind him literally for either symbolic reasons (Otherworld) or because Alessa's more responsible than to let a recently created killer on the loose.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Aug 2008
Notes left: 1053
Last seen at: Australia
I think that that is just how Travis' mind accepts the things that are happening around him.
I think the number of times you play has something to do with how Travis feels about the situation.
i.e: First run through of the game, happy ending. Fluffy bunnies and rainbows etc etc. Second time, Travis cannot accept the ending he received, he cannot forgive his mother or accept that the death of his parents was not his fault. So he replays everything over in his head. He refuses to see things as the town (and his emotions) portray them, so the only logical answer in his mind is that he has gone insane. He 'becomes' the butcher, but in his own mind.
I love in SH3 when Vincent says to Heather (about the monsters she has been killing) "Huh..? They look like monsters to you!?"
I just loved the look on her face