Can someone explain to me...

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Silly me, I've been thinking that Silent Hill was empty by a long time... Anyway I still thinking the creatures COULD be real people... Is the only explanation that I have for the butcher ending (Except for the Richard dialogue as always)
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Aura offered a decent explanation above.
AuraTwilight wrote:He let the Butcher side of himself consume him, and not only did hatred take him over, but guilt and self-loathing over what happened to his family. The Otherworld manifests him a prison that he desires.
I do think that the Butcher ending hints at him perhaps killing people while he's in Silent Hill, but here's the thing: it's not the canon ending. I do think the voiceover of the woman saying, "I'm not your mommy!" is because during that fight be believes he's fighting his mother, but is actually fighting a human, but the only way this would work is if he never left Silent Hill, which we know for a fact he did.

So you could sort of look at the Butcher ending as an added bonus, an extra twist and plot element thrown in. But it's not canon, and it never happened.
What does Alessa have to gain from making Travis kill people when she's also apparently trying to help him get off of his destructive impulses manifested in the Butcher?
I don't really think Alessa's doing it, per se. I think Travis is helping himself. We're lead to places that are important to Travis, and places that are important to Alessa alone (Artaud Theatre). It's just plain bad luck that pieces of the Flauros were hidden in the sanitarium and the hotel. Or perhaps you can chalk it up to Silent Hill's power, and it somehow influenced Lisa and Kaufmann to hide the pieces in these places (my personal belief).

Alessa's just more or less hoping that Travis conquers his personal demons and gets the Flauros pieced back together for her.

And Aura, you don't believe that Travis killed anybody, right? I know you had a good explanation for the voices at the end, but I just can't remember it (or find the topic, either. >_> )
I once was lost, but am now profound.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or perhaps you can chalk it up to Silent Hill's power, and it somehow influenced Lisa and Kaufmann to hide the pieces in these places (my personal belief).
I dunno, that gives the implication that Silent Hill is sentient, which is lame.
And Aura, you don't believe that Travis killed anybody, right? I know you had a good explanation for the voices at the end, but I just can't remember it (or find the topic, either. >_> )
Travis has no blood on his hands.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PartyHard
Just Passing Through

Post by PartyHard »

Nillin wrote:And Aura, you don't believe that Travis killed anybody, right? I know you had a good explanation for the voices at the end, but I just can't remember it (or find the topic, either. >_> )
Here?