Can someone explain to me...

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

plue5
Just Passing Through

Post by plue5 »

I'am agree with aamon. Origin is not bad afterall.
wilford_brimley
Just Passing Through

Post by wilford_brimley »

Mmm... at Cedar Groove, were Lisa is sitting by Helen's cell, i have the impression it was in the "mirror world", isn't it? How did she got there? That's the part of the game that doesn't make much sense.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

She walked there, how do you think?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

Fixed the quote for you.

Good point. Still, I was more thinking from Trav's perspective than from mine. If it were ME in Silent Hill, I might take a certain perverse enjoyment in plinking at the monsters from a distance with that lovely AK-47 (wish SH2 had one), but I'd probably pass on trying to beat them down with a scalpel or a TV set. Or that jagged plank from Home Depot.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

AuraTwilight wrote:She walked there, how do you think?
Lisa just walked to the Otherworld?? Is that possible??

Lisa always shows up in the Foggy Silent Hill... Except for Cedar Grove...
wilford_brimley
Just Passing Through

Post by wilford_brimley »

Yeah that's what i tried to say, i mean, she supposedly was just an ordinary nurse (ok, an addicted one) at that time and she didn't seem to be scared or even startled by the mirror world looks, neither she said anything about it in her later appearance at Artaud Theatre, as if she never had been really there.

The moment i saw that cutscene i thought "Damn, did she die after leaving Alchemilla?" and "How did she know Helen (or her memory/ghost/whatever) was in there if Mrs Grady supposedly died years ago?"
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

In my opinion, Lisa is there in the real/foggy world and Travis can interact with her even though he's in the otherworld, though I don't have anything to back that up...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Lisa's probably in the real world, just seeing Travis as a result of either Dahlia's or Alessa's interference.
The moment i saw that cutscene i thought "Damn, did she die after leaving Alchemilla?" and "How did she know Helen (or her memory/ghost/whatever) was in there if Mrs Grady supposedly died years ago?"
Helen didn't die, she was institutionalized. Lisa went right up to the cell (in the real world), saw Helen, and got upset and angry at Travis for abandoning her.
In my opinion, Lisa is there in the real/foggy world and Travis can interact with her even though he's in the otherworld, though I don't have anything to back that up...
The foggy world is not the real world.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

Wait, so in the real world Silent Hill, Helen was still alive? Travis saw the real Helen and killed her? Please explain. Thanks!
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Hmmm... Maybe just Travis is walking through the foggy Silent Hill since the town's power hasn't been released yet... Maybe Dahlia, Lisa and Dr. K are in the real world and see the actions of Travis although he is in a different layer of the town... Is similar to Laura in SH2 who seems to be in the real Silent Hill...

If you have this in mind a question would appear...Is Travis attacking real people of the town or the creatures just are in "his" dimension? Maybe Travis attacked his mother in Cedar Grove although all that he saw was a monster... Maybe he attacked another woman thinking she was his mom (This would give sense to the I'm not your momma dialogue in the ending)

What I'm trying to say is that Travis maybe killed people in SIlent Hill during his journey thinking that they were creatures, his adventure could end at the motel (You see that picture of the ending where he is at a motel room with police lights through the windows and his hands are blood stained before the butcher's face cover his face) and this would explain why he is tied in a kind of prison... Maybe Alessa just took Travis spirit, or soul or whatever for the final stage leaving his real body at the motel; after the final battle against the Flauros creature Travis' soul returned to his body finding himself in the prison where he is being sedated due to his dangerous behavior...

What do you think?
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

This actually has been bugging me for awhile ever since Vincent asks Heather " they look like monsters to you?! "

But if people in the foggy/nightmare SH can be seen by people in the normal SH, then wouldn't they constantly bump into them, even if they don't see one another?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wait, so in the real world Silent Hill, Helen was still alive? Travis saw the real Helen and killed her? Please explain. Thanks!
No, he fought and killed a projection of Helen from his memories, just like his father at the hotel. The projection even repeats dialogue from his childhood.
Hmmm... Maybe just Travis is walking through the foggy Silent Hill since the town's power hasn't been released yet... Maybe Dahlia, Lisa and Dr. K are in the real world and see the actions of Travis although he is in a different layer of the town... Is similar to Laura in SH2 who seems to be in the real Silent Hill...
Laura is in the foggy world too; the town's power has been plenty released, Dahlia, Lisa, and Kauffman just have no reason to be pulled in.
If you have this in mind a question would appear...Is Travis attacking real people of the town or the creatures just are in "his" dimension? Maybe Travis attacked his mother in Cedar Grove although all that he saw was a monster... Maybe he attacked another woman thinking she was his mom (This would give sense to the I'm not your momma dialogue in the ending)
For the last goddamned time, Heather is the only person who took people for monsters, and it was deliberate.
What I'm trying to say is that Travis maybe killed people in SIlent Hill during his journey thinking that they were creatures, his adventure could end at the motel (You see that picture of the ending where he is at a motel room with police lights through the windows and his hands are blood stained before the butcher's face cover his face) and this would explain why he is tied in a kind of prison... Maybe Alessa just took Travis spirit, or soul or whatever for the final stage leaving his real body at the motel; after the final battle against the Flauros creature Travis' soul returned to his body finding himself in the prison where he is being sedated due to his dangerous behavior...
That's really unnecessarily contrived. Better and shorter explanation: He let the Butcher side of himself consume him, and not only did hatred take him over, but guilt and self-loathing over what happened to his family. The Otherworld manifests him a prison that he desires.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Is your job just trash all that we write Aura? I never said this was the ultimate truth, this is just a thing that came to my mind...

I never said that every creature in Silent Hill is a person... But you have to admit that the town must have population in this time... Silent Hill got deserted after the events of SH2

In Silent Hill 1 we see how the doctors and nurses are (or were) real people and Claudia transformed people into creatures in SH3 so I don't think the idea of Travis seeing people as creatures be so weird...
the town's power has been plenty released, Dahlia, Lisa, and Kauffman just have no reason to be pulled in.
The town's power is released when the Flauros is completed and Alessa recovered her full power, before this the alternate world was weak and depended of the actions of the different people (Travis' mirrors)... In fact the otherwolrd gets out of control and covers everything after ALessa gets her power, we also see the otherworld in SH1 and3 where Alessa's power is giving it power... We see weaker otherworlds in SH2 and 4 cause ALessa's power isn't there...

I know Silent Hill always have been a town with a misterious power and abd blah blah... But Silent Hill also was a town with people living there, before the incident with Alessa and God we know that the town was growing almost like any other town, I know that several weird things happened there but this wasn't too serious for make the people leave the place... After SH0 and SH1 we see that the town weas transformed in the sinners trap that we see in SH2, the people discovered that and left the place...

Returning to the topic, isn't weird that neither Kauffman, Lisa or Dahlia mention the creatures or the fog at least? At least Lisa should be really scared being in a total deserted town; they just experiment the foggy and alternate Silent Hill in the first game and Dr. K and Lisa look really upset with this...
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Silent Hill got deserted after the events of SH2
What?
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Sorry, english isn't my first language and sometimes I write weiord things... I tried to say that the people left the town after SH2, since then it became a ghost town...
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

AuraTwilight wrote:

Lisa's probably in the real world, just seeing Travis as a result of either Dahlia's or Alessa's interference.
The foggy world is not the real world.
Sorry, I said "real/foggy" because i wasn't sure which one to say considering one person said she only shows up in the foggy world, and you then said she was in the real world. I'm just trying to play it safe.

Lisa also shows up in otherworld motel, not just Cedar Grove
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Is your job just trash all that we write Aura? I never said this was the ultimate truth, this is just a thing that came to my mind...
Yes. I corrected you on a wrong point, so that means I'm out to get you, trash everything everyone writes, and make you all look like stupid fools. Your detective skills are astounding.
I never said that every creature in Silent Hill is a person... But you have to admit that the town must have population in this time... Silent Hill got deserted after the events of SH2
Silent Hill was NEVER abandoned, except for in the movie.
In Silent Hill 1 we see how the doctors and nurses are (or were) real people and Claudia transformed people into creatures in SH3 so I don't think the idea of Travis seeing people as creatures be so weird...
You're right, the hospital staff were human, but that was obvious. Travis has no reason to see creatures, though; in both cases you listed, it's the result of a psychic individual warping perceptions/possessing people deliberately; in Alessa's case, a form of apparent revenge, in Claudia's, to further a goal. What does Alessa have to gain from making Travis kill people when she's also apparently trying to help him get off of his destructive impulses manifested in the Butcher?
The town's power is released when the Flauros is completed and Alessa recovered her full power, before this the alternate world was weak and depended of the actions of the different people (Travis' mirrors)... In fact the otherwolrd gets out of control and covers everything after ALessa gets her power, we also see the otherworld in SH1 and3 where Alessa's power is giving it power... We see weaker otherworlds in SH2 and 4 cause ALessa's power isn't there...
The Otherworld has been powerful and active before the village of Silent Hill was even founded; only Alessa's powers were sealed in the Flauros, and she didn't have any effect on the town until SH1, where she unnaturally amplified the town's power to "call" to people, but that's it. SH2 is a result of Alessa's interference because of the calling, SH3 was more Heather bringing the Otherworld to her until she got to Silent Hill, and SH4 doesn't even involve the same plane of existence.
I know Silent Hill always have been a town with a misterious power and abd blah blah... But Silent Hill also was a town with people living there, before the incident with Alessa and God we know that the town was growing almost like any other town, I know that several weird things happened there but this wasn't too serious for make the people leave the place... After SH0 and SH1 we see that the town weas transformed in the sinners trap that we see in SH2, the people discovered that and left the place...
No they didn't. Silent Hill was never abandoned at any point, especially since it's still an active tourist attraction as late as Homecoming, the newest game in the timeline.
Returning to the topic, isn't weird that neither Kauffman, Lisa or Dahlia mention the creatures or the fog at least? At least Lisa should be really scared being in a total deserted town; they just experiment the foggy and alternate Silent Hill in the first game and Dr. K and Lisa look really upset with this...
Probably because the three of them are in reality, not Travis' world.
Sorry, I said "real/foggy" because i wasn't sure which one to say considering one person said she only shows up in the foggy world, and you then said she was in the real world. I'm just trying to play it safe.
Fair enough. Just making sure, because some people really do say they're the same.
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

KageReneko wrote:Sorry, english isn't my first language and sometimes I write weiord things... I tried to say that the people left the town after SH2, since then it became a ghost town...
I understood you perfectly, I'm just wondering what your reasoning is. As Aura has already said, Silent Hill isn't abandoned.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Hmm... I could swear Douglas said that the town was empty in SH3...
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

Nope. He said it was one messed up place though. :P
I once was lost, but am now profound.