''What are you doing, son?!''

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: ''What are you doing, son?!''

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't see how the way Travis did in the Butcher is at all indicative of being a serial killer at all.

Nor has any serial killer on record split people in half from the head down and left the corpses in public places, so that's not exactly a "Serial Killer's MO." Travis' reaction doesn't mean anything either because he's a very unemotive and poorly written character.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I'm not saying that he's for sure a serial killer. I just feel as though it's likely. It seems the game always gives me that vibe, & along with the loose "clues" I feel like my conclusion is justifiable. Perhaps only as justifiable as the other beliefs presented here, but it nonetheless "clicks" for me.

I have been wondering... what is with the room in the motel with the dozens of photos everywhere? Maybe I misinterpreted or missed something completely; but I always saw that room as Travis' actual room he used to hang up photos of his victims (and perhaps stalk new ones?). I remember seeing The Butcher in that specific room, & if Travis IS The Butcher, then I see it as more credit to my belief.

And you're right Aura, Travis is overall a badly written character. He had potential I think, and Imo they let it shine a little bit in 0rigins, though not enough. I still, however, as a minority, find his tale intriguing. :)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Nor has any serial killer on record split people in half from the head down and left the corpses in public places<
While he didn't leave his victims out publicly, Ed Gein did practically split one of his in half as it hung from its feet.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

but I always saw that room as Travis' actual room he used to hang up photos of his victims (and perhaps stalk new ones?)
This photos from rehearsal for "The Tempest"
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

I think the butcher is a manifestation kind of like kid walter in SH4 only the butcher serves a different purpose, to maybe to show travis what he really is by appearing some places slaughtering monsters, kind of like the dead bodies had keys,maps ect.. To show james the way to the hotel where he realizes what he did.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

^ The butcher represents Travis' fears of what he could be- a cold monster.
Child Walter is Walter's half that represents his childlike wish to find his mother.
And corpses in SH2 represent James' lead and its potential consequence.

How do these have anything in common except for being a slight image of the main characters?
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

The dead body also had the maps that circled places that are important and showed paths , and 1 of them had a key, I didn't say they had anything in common, I simply made a comparison, and besides I didn't say that it meantr exactly what I said , its just a thought
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Butcher + Bogeyman = Red Pyramid. Period.

All 3 shares the same objective: To show the "truth".
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Eh... What truth does Butcher shows??
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ That deep inside Travis is just another monster. If you take the bad ending seriously...
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I thought Butcher represented how Travis sees himself due to all his mother said about him... He felt guilty about the sad fates of his parents so he decided to isolate himself in order to prevent hurting other people...

Travis isn't a monster but he believes himself a monster...
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

The butcher represents a part of Travis that will never fade away. It's not necessarily implicative of 'slashing serial killer'. It's rather representative of Travis' scars caused by the endured trauma and the insecurity that it causes.
HeartlessBastard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeartlessBastard »

Hump...
I always had to me that The Butcher was the dark part of Travis' mind, the part that held remorse for the thing his mother and father did to him. Due to the large amount of trauma he suffered, his mind created an alter ego to repress the destructive hate from his former ego.

That's why he repressed those memories, about his mother and father.

Anyway, I think Travis had been to Silent Hill sometimes before, and, when he would remember what happened there, his mind would "switch" to The Butcher's ego. The Butcher killed people that reminded Travis of his parents, so he could hide himself from the painful memories and take revenge from his parents.

So the people he had flashbacks about were The Butcher's victims, and The Butcher we see in the game is a raw manifestation of his alter ego.
I realized that while solving that puzzle at the theater. "I am a child with twin desires", or something like that.
"Good people should love their enemies" - Seu Madruga